Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Request: Naga Sprites  (Read 24197 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Naga Sprites
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2011, 11:38:50 pm »

Somehow, I get the feeling I might want to wait until Girlinhat comes back and gives me her opinion on the matter before making a bondage queen dungeon master...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2011, 08:46:33 am »

Teehee, well you can always do the dark cloaked figure first and if Girl ok's the bondage queen, you can probably do that too and offer it up as an optional thing.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2011, 09:33:20 pm »

I guess if it looks like Girlinhat really isn't coming back, I could probaby put something together, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions after just a couple weeks' absence.

Well, I got bored and decided to make a creature file for it. The entity file would depend on exactly what you wanted their culture to do.

This requires VBASE in addition to the four files below

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It also lacks appearance data, a MAXAGE, and probably a couple other things, like personality and stats. It's ready to strike the earth by replacing dwarves, though.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2011, 12:07:30 am »

Nice, now  I just need a caste for the four-armed naga sprite.
Perhaps as a rare but extra powerful caste?
Or should it be a megabeast instead?

Oh the possibilities.. perhaps I should learn to create my own creatures..

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:56 am »

Well, here's a creature variation that uses four arms:

And the corresponding creature entry:

Unfortunately, it's getting an error with 'humanoid joints' in the four armed caste, which sounds like it needs a new body part entry [BODY:HUMANOID_JOINTS_4ARMS]

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2011, 12:51:59 pm »

You don't have to worry about the body type files, I have some lingering around, myself.  I could put it together, I just don't want to steal Girlinhat's thunder if she's going to be coming back relatively soon.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure most of us here, could put something together in the raws easily enough. I'd rather just give Girl a chance to come back before I start doing my own tinkering. I did send her a pm a little while ago, so hopefully she'll see it and come check-up on the thread soon.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2011, 02:42:51 pm »

... OK, GIMP apparently doesn't have an autosave feature, and I apparently completely forgot to punch Ctrl-S for several days. 

My computer crashed last night thanks to some wierd website advertisement causing a bug in my browser,and I just lost several days of nagas...  I'm back to before I did any of the military nagas.

(Fortunately, I can just download some of the images that I put up already, and reverse engineer some things, so I don't have to cry or anything...)

But there are some nobles I never put up that I have to redo from scratch again.  (Thieves, doctors, gemmers, royals...)

Plus, my stamps file is missing quite a few stamps which will be annoying to reverse-engineer.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2011, 02:45:39 pm »

Oh ouch.... Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:48:28 pm by Patchy »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »

OK, let's just get this up here...

I've got the doctors back, although I think they may be a little different than they were before.

The one on the left is the head doctor - she has a purple coloration instead of the red for the others, plus her mouth-cover-thing-whatever-it's-called is purple.  I used transparency on it, though, so it looks sort of like a veil.  The doctors look a bit more feminine than some of the other nagas, I think. 

... Except for the psycho with the bonesaw (surgeon).

I decided to add some blood splatter this time... I might have overdone it a teense.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2011, 08:07:34 pm »

Just a teensy bit hehe. I don't think I'd want that surgeon anywhere near me, in fact I'd probably be running away screaming. And of course tripping over my feet like I've never run before in true horror flik style.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2011, 09:44:52 pm »

Just a teensy bit hehe. I don't think I'd want that surgeon anywhere near me, in fact I'd probably be running away screaming. And of course tripping over my feet like I've never run before in true horror flik style.
Well with a Naga surgeon I'd certainly be worried especially if I needed surgery below my torso.

Anyway these look great they'll be an interesting add-on when they're finished.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »

Well with a Naga surgeon I'd certainly be worried especially if I needed surgery below my torso.

Actually, it depends a bit on who is making the body - in my older lamia mod, many organs like intestines, livers, kidneys, and a secondary heart were down in the tail.  You humans, and your silly organ arangements...

"These X-ray specs will really take the guesswork out of surgery. No more blindly chopping in the goop!"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2011, 06:22:24 am »

You were channelling some serious Jason Voorhies with that blood-spattered cleaver/bonesaw and bloody clothes. But yeah the sprites are good.

Blind chopping in the goop....

Doc hands her keg to the nurse, "Here hold this I don't wanna lose it" and begins chopping randomly.

Yeah... think I'll take my chances without the surgery, I mean it's normal for the bone to be poking through the skin like that.... bye.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »

I made the suturer slightly bloody, too, although not as much as the surgeon - suturers have to sew the gaping wounds together, so they get plenty of splatter.

I made jewelers again, and most of the administrators besides the mayor.  I hadn't done the mayor yet, and am kind of stumped as to how to express "mayor" very well.

I still need to redo the thieves - I was really proud of those, and their hoods, so I'm extra depressed about losing those.

EDIT:
Oh, and should I make the traders be holding up rope reed socks?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:19:18 pm by NW_Kohaku »
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20