Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Request: Naga Sprites  (Read 24192 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Naga Sprites
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2011, 07:36:47 pm »

I may have one request..
You remember or know of Secret of Mana?
A SNES RPG which I have oh so many nostalgic moments of.

There is one boss, who goes by the name of Hexas.
http://www.secretofmana.info/enemies/bosses.php
Scroll down abit and you will find her.
It is a four armed naga, if you want and can include her, perhaps as an alternative version of naga queen?

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2011, 07:51:39 pm »

Haha, well Patchouli is a close 2nd afterall. And I signed up to the forums before I had played SA, so Patchouli was queen of the hill at the time. She still holds a special spot, as being my first big Touhou fave char though.

I'll make a non touhou request, Bleu from BoF 1 or 2.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2011, 07:52:26 pm »

Ahhhhh... I'm up to making a Dungeon Master.

Honestly, I think the idea of a Dungeon Master in my mind is a little different from most people's.  Since in 40d, they always ran around wearing nothing but cloaks and leather gloves and boots and carried whips, I kind of got the impression that they looked like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(It probably helped reinforce that image in my mind that my first Dungeon Master was named "Zon", so I nicknamed her "Lady Zon"... and demanded that everyone address her as "Lady".)

So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like to know what sort of image in your mind you have of a dungeon master to help me out.  (And I mean BESIDES "Sadist in black leather".)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2011, 07:57:25 pm »

The dungeon master has always been a sort of dwarf shrouded in his cloaks. A very secretive anti social dwarf for the most part.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2011, 07:59:15 pm »

I may have one request..
You remember or know of Secret of Mana?
A SNES RPG which I have oh so many nostalgic moments of.

There is one boss, who goes by the name of Hexas.
http://www.secretofmana.info/enemies/bosses.php
Scroll down abit and you will find her.
It is a four armed naga, if you want and can include her, perhaps as an alternative version of naga queen?

Oh wow, a website with Secret of Mana boss sprites...  wow, I actually remember fighting alot of these.  My brother and I used to play that game all the time.  We must have beaten it like 20 times. 

That was the game that I learned the importance of level grinding your skills while playing.

OK, I'll throw something together.

Haha, well Patchouli is a close 2nd afterall. And I signed up to the forums before I had played SA, so Patchouli was queen of the hill at the time. She still holds a special spot, as being my first big Touhou fave char though.

I'll make a non touhou request, Bleu from BoF 1 or 2.

SNES nostalgia all of a sudden, hunh? 

I think I already said it in this thread, but I really liked the Bleu model of a naga/lamia.  (Or "snake clan" as BoF naming goes, I guess, although Bleu always seemed unique.)

OK, bleu should be fairly easy.  I'll put something together.

EDIT: Well, actually, I kind of liked "Bleu" more in BoF 4, where she was living in her own fake world where she created virtually-naked beefcake manservants to fulfill her whims.  So, basically, it's sort of like an entire race of Etna from Disgaea.  "Call me Queen."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:05:57 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »

Hehe, well the snes has quite a few good games, the aforementioned SoM is a good one definately. And if you liked that, Secret of Evermore was awesome as well but unfortunately never got the popularity some of the other games got. And if you have an emulator Seiken Densetsu 3 for even more fun.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2011, 08:12:45 pm »

Hehe, well the snes has quite a few good games, the aforementioned SoM is a good one definately. And if you liked that, Secret of Evermore was awesome as well but unfortunately never got the popularity some of the other games got. And if you have an emulator Seiken Densetsu 3 for even more fun.

Oh that one was good too.. too bad I never got around to actually beat it.. like so many other games..
But we can't derail a nice thread such as this one..
Perhaps someone should make a SNES thread, where we can talk about some good old SNES games?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:21 pm »

OK, here we go:

Bleu

Anyway, yeah, I enjoyed playing emulated multiplayer Seiken Densetsu...

... Although it was a little embarressing to use Angela's "Pink Typhoon", even though I naturally always gravitate towards wizard and cleric classes.  (I tend to prefer the back-row classes that rely upon assessment and analysis of the situation, while my brother likes playing the run-up-in-the-front-lines-and-punch-them-in-the-face classes.)

Oh, and I'm going to do Hexas right after this.

(Maybe I should just make a new generalized "sprite request thread"?)
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2011, 08:55:23 pm »

Good old multiplayer sd3... that was fun. One of my friends from phantasy star online walked me through setting up zsnes for multiplayer, and we played sd3 first. Also Bleu looks good hehe. I might have to go fire up the emulators soon and play through the BoFs again.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:04 pm »

Hexas.

The tail got a little messed up because I was trying to follow the sprite a little more closely than is really advisable, and tried to make a coiling tail, but you can't really tell much but that there's a blob at the bottom.

EDIT:
... and as for "include her as an alternative to the naga queen", I have to think she looks more like a naga goddess :P  (She looks quite Hindu inspired... of course, nagas are Hindu to begin with...)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:07:44 pm by NW_Kohaku »
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »

Hexas.

The tail got a little messed up because I was trying to follow the sprite a little more closely than is really advisable, and tried to make a coiling tail, but you can't really tell much but that there's a blob at the bottom.

It's great!  :D
As for the tail, I can live with that.  :)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2011, 09:09:29 pm »

Oh, and does anyone have more clues/ideas on how to make a naga dungeon master look?
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »

A whip is a must.
Or perhaps holding a chain instead?

Other than that.. I have really no idea..

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2011, 09:38:41 pm »

Definately the whip, and of course the cloak as that is the df dm is all about those cloaks. Leather straps and other kink wear optional. Guess you could try a dungeon keeper mistress for it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »

Definately the whip, and of course the cloak as that is the df dm is all about those cloaks. Leather straps and other kink wear optional. Guess you could try a dungeon keeper mistress for it.

That should do it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20