Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Request: Naga Sprites  (Read 24188 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Naga Sprites
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2011, 08:49:00 pm »

Oh, right, sorry, I can see the url on quote. Only the first picture is showing up, and there's no indication that there's an unloaded picture there.

Quick addition:

Also, I think Girlinhat has drifted off to go play another game, recently.  She hasn't posted here in about a week, and was talking about a different game before, so...
Time off is good, I think. I've just finished up with a bunch of reactions and most of the creature raws bar appearance modifiers and gills, and I'm thoroughly fed up with all things modding.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:52:03 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

Time off is good, I think. I've just finished up with a bunch of reactions and most of the creature raws bar appearance modifiers and gills, and I'm thoroughly fed up with all things modding.

Haah, well, generally, when I'm fed up with modding, I just like to play them for a while, even if they're incomplete. 

Any sort of joke about cheating on DF aside, it's fine, of course, I was just starting to get a little odded out by the sudden silence.  (And then I remembered she had said something about a different game she was getting sucked into...)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:14:34 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2011, 10:07:31 pm »

Time off is good. Already been through 2 or 3 various df breaks. And started on another mini break about 2 days or so ago. Recettear a game that got mentioned in Ironhand's thread, been giving it a try and it's quite fun.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2011, 10:17:07 pm »

Ah, I played through Recettear, myself.  I bought it over Steam on that holiday sale they had where almost everything indie was 75% off.  I gorged on indie games then, and still have a couple I haven't "opened" yet. 

Anyway, I rammed through Recettear, and beat it the standard mode way, but haven't gone and played all the way through it in terms of dungeons and the like.

DF has actually made me play less perfectionist, since I tend to want to just "finish" a game rather than "complete" one, because I often have some sort of project I want to get back to in DF.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »

Finished the standard mode last night. Was worried once I finished the 200k payment with a mere 30k leftover and saw the 500k payment looming up next. Though due to a few lucky sales I did manage it and even passed it by quite a bit. So now I got endless mode to play around with hehe.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2011, 03:08:44 pm »

I knew the 500k was coming, since I saw the pattern. I only beat it by about 140k, though - I was expecting the game to have one last 1 mil goal or something, so I kept buying up goods to sell at people instead of liquidating.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2011, 03:33:24 pm »

I ended up with 747k and a merchant level of 21. I just got so busy trying to sell everything off to make those last 2 payments, I pretty much ignored dungeon delving on those weeks. And even before that I didn't do that much delving. So I pretty much used the guild to buy and resale stuff, worked pretty good too. A weapons boom helped a lot on that last week, when I sold 3 swords for 70+ k each.

So anyways, you just have the nobility and various military sprites to do now?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2011, 11:26:46 pm »

I just did thieves and slaves and prisoners today.

There's basically a whole bunch of oddball poisition jobs, like tax collector but also psychiatrist and alchemist, which aren't even in the game.

But anyway, I have the base soldiers and noble, so it's not going to take too long before I'm done.

Hopefully, Girlinhat comes back soon to actually enjoy them :P
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2011, 04:17:01 pm »

Soldiers

Same drill, tell me the problems you have trying to see them.  Far left is a recruit (with wooden sword).

I gave the regular melee types the shields of the colors they would have in graphics-less mode to try to help distinguish them.  The only ones I'm really worried about are crossbow, lasher, and pikenaga, though.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2011, 05:19:19 pm »

They look pretty good. The 3 after the archer on the right I had to zoom in to see what they were and the crossbow too. The shields on the other ones made it fairly easy to identify them, and will more than likely be where my eye goes to ID them in game. The lack of the shield or something that stands out and easily ID's the others is what hurts the most for them. The white gi on the wrestler/martial artist sticks her out and the bow on the archer is just visible enough to see, so they are good without shields. The spear naga doesn't need the shield to tell her apart as the spear is definately visable, but it still looks fairly nice for her.

Guess what it comes down to, is the pikenaga, xbownaga, lasher, and that other one(don't know what she is) needs something to ID them a little more clearly. Cause right now I can't do it without squinting or using the "v" key to hover over them.

Edit: Xbownaga might be, ok. Just taking me a bit of staring at it to start picking out some of finer details while zoomed out.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:22:11 pm by Patchy »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2011, 05:35:02 pm »

I made the lasher's whip and the recruit's wooden sword lighter so that they stand out more - they were fading into the dark backgrounds.  If I fix the pike, the lasher should be distinct enough.

The last one you couldn't identify was the blowgunner.  It's a red pipe and a dart in the other hand.  I could make the blowgun be fatter, which might help it stand out a little more.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2011, 05:42:40 pm »

Thats cool. I probably don't even need the shields now, as I can pick out the weaponry on the main soldier types. And blowgunner, ok I can see that now... I was thinking dagger or knife at first but then saw she was holding a 2nd object in her other hand and sorta dismissed that possibility.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2011, 05:53:59 pm »

Here we go, the pike is as big as I can make it, although its blade still kind of gets cramped against the edge of the tile.

Regardless, the larger steel grey area should make it more identifiable.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2011, 05:59:46 pm »

Well considering how big pikes were in real life, I don't think many should complain. It looks good and gets the point across which is the main thing.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2011, 06:49:43 pm »

She's a farmer.  She has a hoe.

When I was skimming through this thread, I misread this as "She's a farmer, and she's a 'ho"  ;D
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20