Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 71900 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!
« Reply #495 on: April 24, 2011, 09:10:20 pm »

*reads final post of game*.

*head explodes*.

Bleh. Damnit.
I told you man. I TOLD you about scum!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 24, 2011, 10:50:46 pm »

Haha wow, great game

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 24, 2011, 11:14:01 pm »

*reads final post of game*.

*head explodes*.

Bleh. Damnit.
I told you man. I TOLD you about scum!
*Rereads the post over and over again*
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2011, 12:31:33 am »

I KNEW one of the ICs had to be scum. And that the killing pattern made no sense. Goddamn migraines.

LNCP was even telling me to scumhunt Wuba yesterday! D:<
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2011, 12:37:07 am »

I KNEW one of the ICs had to be scum.

Well, no, actually >_>  Wuba wasn't even an IC.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2011, 12:40:23 am »

Yeah, none of the ICs started as scum.

And that is exactly the sort of logic I've warned against. You can't make assumptions like that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2011, 03:05:41 am »

Players:
Heliman, Town
Orangebottle, Town
Breadbocks, Secret Agent (Mafia)
CrownofFire, Town
Simmura McCrea, Town
major_sephiroth, Town

ICs:
Jim Groovester, Town
Toaster, Town
webadict, Secret Agent (Mafia)

Ssssssuuuuuuurrrreeeeeeee.
Wuba wasn't an IC at aaaallllllllll.
My Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2011, 03:11:02 am »

He was arguably one of the board's very best players in a noob game. I'd say he was an IC regardless of official classification.

However, that doesn't change the fact that "one IC must be scum" is not a valid assumption. Reading into the NKs is also dangerous, so the mere fact that he didn't die wasn't really proof positive either. Especially since killing the other two didn't shut them up all the way, which would presumably be the point.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2011, 04:29:17 am »

I laughed as I read this.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2011, 07:40:54 am »

I have to ask: Both webadict and OB called me female. Where did you guys get that from?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 25, 2011, 09:04:17 am »

RAEG!!! I didn't want to lurk my way to victory!!! I kept getting lots of things thrown in my face, and pushing Mafia time off.

:( Now I feel like this win wasn't deserved.

I have to ask: Both webadict and OB called me female. Where did you guys get that from?
LNCP yelled at me that you were a girl. I was like, "Really?" And then shifted. Blame LNCP for that one, since I always assume everyone's a guy unless they say otherwise.

I just really wish I could have posted more. But with that sudden interruption, that was mostly out of the question. But from what I posted, how well did I do, and how could I improve? (That's to everyone who thinks they have some input, by the way.)
I wrote some stuff in scumchat about what I was doing and it did involve using you as bait for Orange. Read that for more on my thought process.

But yeah, what Jim said. If you wanted me lynched, you needed to go offensive fast. It wasn't about countering me, it was about getting OrangeBottle to stop tunneling you. The shield thing WASN'T what you wanted. I had had that started since partway through Day 2 to protect me at lylo. I was always going to kill him to make me look scummy, for the WIFOM.

He was arguably one of the board's very best players in a noob game. I'd say he was an IC regardless of official classification.

However, that doesn't change the fact that "one IC must be scum" is not a valid assumption. Reading into the NKs is also dangerous, so the mere fact that he didn't die wasn't really proof positive either. Especially since killing the other two didn't shut them up all the way, which would presumably be the point.
I'm gonna have to disagree with the not reading into the NKs, but don't focus on doing it. I killed the way I did because I was trying to look like a newbie the whole game, then pin the blame on myself. The fact that a newbie would NEVER EVER do this should have crossed someone's mind.

However, you shouldn't make an argument out of the NKs, since that will fail. You should simply use it as mental stretching, to think about what that person's state of mind is. "He killed webadict because he wanted to get him out of the game, or because he knew there was no doctor, or because he knew the doctor wouldn't protect him. Narrowing that down and looking at the previous Day, webadict was looking scummy to other people, so the Doctor's protection would like not save him, but he wasn't likely to get lynched, so he was at least a viable threat." I don't know why people try to look at who was suspicious of who when they died, since I kill based on likelihood of me looking like scum but not actually getting lynched, since the person that you least suspect is always suspicious and the person you most suspect is going to get lynched. So, the key is to always be middle suspicious, since no one actually suspects you.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 25, 2011, 09:13:22 am »

LNCP yelled at me that you were a girl.

I didn't, actually. When I saw you using "she" I was just as shocked as you were. :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 25, 2011, 09:17:00 am »

LNCP yelled at me that you were a girl.

I didn't, actually. When I saw you using "she" I was just as shocked as you were. :I
Hmm... I didn't mean to type she... I must've read she from somewhere else. I dunno.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2011, 12:12:19 pm »

LNCP
04-18-2011
05:00 PM ET (US)
...You do realise D3 is over, roight?

And Simmura's a she? :I

Got it, Heliman nightkill it is. I'd have liked you to be more high-profile but eh, kinda late now.

From scumchat. :V
My Sig

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2011, 12:56:45 pm »

I think the point was that web replaced in. So there were no IC scum to begin with.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36