Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72026 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [5/6, 2/3], DAY 2: A Kitchen Implement's Lament
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »

I would at least like to see what the other 4 players who haven't even posted today yet.

But you want me to start questioning people before I get the chance to see peoples reaction to the scumkill? Fine.

Jim, why are you so intent on refusing to accept that I could possibly see a mistake, and then move on from it, rather than trying to force that mistake to be good in some way? I refuse to believe 12 hours of me taking a step back and thinking about what people say will harm the town, as opposed to jumping on somebody's back, and then putting myself in the same spot as I was when I was floundering for something on Heliman?

Passive and reactionary? Hells yes, that's a twofer for being scum!

I thought you wanted to look into WUBA. What happened to that? I mean, that's what you said. Just said, in fact. I guess OMGUSing me and flipping the fuck out was more important.

There's nothing wrong with realizing mistakes. Problem is, you don't have any other suspects. You said you wanted to look into WUBA, but you didn't do that when you had the opportunity. And by opportunity, I mean right now, because you can do that, you know. Ask questions whenever. Whenever you're online. Such as right now.

Wanting to wait and see is useless and passive, and reeks more than a little of an attempt to see what everyone else thought and what their scum picks were before you decided to choose your own.

You see, town actively go find out answers by, get this, asking questions. You were gone for three days and had absolutely nothing to say and nothing to ask anybody. You're scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »

What Jim thinks I say:
Herp derp ain't bein useful lalala leave me alone dododo...

What I actually say: I would like to, for once in my life, actually check over my stuff and make sure I'm not being a dumbass. I don't have anything on Webadict yet, and I'd like to get what I already have done. Who knows? Check back in an hour or so, and you might just find I've actually been doing stuff. Who coulda thunk it?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 04, 2011, 04:43:21 pm »

Wanting to wait and see is useless and passive, and reeks more than a little of an attempt to see what everyone else thought and what their scum picks were before you decided to choose your own.

You see, town actively go find out answers by, get this, asking questions.
I'll also expand a little on these parts.

The top part is entirely accurate. No one has ever accomplished anything from that top part, and it's usually a way for scum to sit back and piggyback off other people's arguments.

The second part I disagree with. There is more to finding out answers than just asking questions. You'll actually need to do some deduction as well. Just because you have all the answers to every question means nothing if you have no conclusions.

Which means,
Not just because you said he was town, but because 3 days is a long time to spend realizing just how much of a dumbass some things are. And yeah, just because I'm not going to pin anybody down yet doesn't mean I'm not looking back to yesterday for scumtells.
You better be back with a suspect and a case.

As for me, I'll be back later tonight. I'll PFP for the next couple of hours.

What Jim thinks I say:
Herp derp ain't bein useful lalala leave me alone dododo...

What I actually say: I would like to, for once in my life, actually check over my stuff and make sure I'm not being a dumbass. I don't have anything on Webadict yet, and I'd like to get what I already have done. Who knows? Check back in an hour or so, and you might just find I've actually been doing stuff. Who coulda thunk it?
I'll be fair: You won't find anything on me. That's all there is to it. You can find things on SC, but that means nothing to me. You can wait until I make a case and look at that, but maybe you should try finding something using the information there already is. Really, complaining isn't doing.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 04, 2011, 05:19:44 pm »

So, the rap sheet looks something like this:
Toaster- Found dead in a forest
Seph- Murdered in a fire
Bd- Needs a replacement
Eggs- Wandered off into a forest
This leaves us with 7 people living, 6 people capable of playing, and 5 actually playing, 4 of which aren't me, and thus suspects.
And the notes I've on this machine:
Webadict- New player, and thus need a read on. Super was less than a good townie, but that might just be inexperience showing. So, wuba, who is the most scummy to you so far?
Heliman- Just because I was a failure at pressing him, and using what I got does not prove his innocence, but it does show that if he's scum, he's good at hiding it.
CrownofFire- Been rather quiet, but has done nothing wrong. A bit on the lurkey side, but not to badly.
Jim- Mostly said "You're wrong" and pointed out how people could better scumhunt, rather than doing much of it himself.

All the bulky mostly speculation notes are on my piece of shit netbook with a largely borked monitor, so it could well take longer to get that one booted up and posting.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »

From the little I've read and my limited posting right now, I believe Crown and The King are scum. I also, perhaps cheatingly, know Heliman is Town.

I'll post more later, as I work a fair amount.
PFP: No I will not have this, I would have said I was town even if I wasn't. I never drop character.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2011, 07:40:33 pm »

Bd- Needs a replacement

Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut? ;)

PFP, as always. I'll probably post more when I've had time to read the last ~20 pages.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2011, 07:46:16 pm »

Erp. I missed that. So, 5 players. I didn't have any notes on you because I didn't see you. Anyways, netbook isn't cooperating, even with attempts at percussive maintenance. I'll crack it open in the morning and figure out which wire/piece of solder broke this time. You can wait a bit for my mess of unorganized comments.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2011, 01:35:41 am »

Read the changelog, jeez.

Just to be clear Eggs should be playing, and if I don't see him post soon I'll send another prod.

There are 7 people in the game, all of which should be playing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2011, 07:39:35 am »

I've managed to read a couple pages into the game. Not nearly enough just yet, but where is The King and Crown? No posting is no good. Tsk tsk.

From the little I've read and my limited posting right now, I believe Crown and The King are scum. I also, perhaps cheatingly, know Heliman is Town.

I'll post more later, as I work a fair amount.
PFP: No I will not have this, I would have said I was town even if I wasn't. I never drop character.
You won't have what? Me say you're Town? That's really not your call, actually.

The King of Eggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:43 am »

Alright I'm back.

For good this time (shouldn't of said that :/)

Firstly. Holy what the!
Posts everywhere.

I now see what you people meant by 'different style'
Yep over at resplect we sure as heck don't flake out all over the place.
What the hell is with this blah blah I'm bored. I don't wanna play anymore. The days too long crap! /rant
Sounds to me as though someone has a flakey scum buddy in this game.

*quakes in fear at monolithic posts*
I promise I will try to emanate you with one of my own within 48hrs.
Try not to be replaced before I get back.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2011, 01:09:16 pm »

Sorry about my absence for the first part of the day, I was in St. Louis visiting the Arch. Let me just read through all of what's been posted so far...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35:44 pm »

It's midday now, and the debate has taken a funny turn; people now refuse to talk to each other, simply standing off in a corner facing away from the others and pouting in their direction once in a while. Though some others seem to be trying to incite conversation, the rest seem to be content with this rather unproductive status quo and decide to examine their dreams instead.

Votecount:
Heliman - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
Breadbocks - 1 - Jim Groovester
CrownofFire - 0 -
The King of Eggs - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 1 - breadbocks

Not Voting - 0 - Heliman, webadict, Orangebottle, CrownofFire, The King of Eggs
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

In its current state, the day will end with a No Lynch.

Heliman has been prodded.
Orangebottle has been prodded.

The Day ends to Thursday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 to Extend and 5 to Shorten.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:40:26 pm by lordnincompoop »

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 05, 2011, 07:33:11 pm »

Since nobody is talking, I'm going to strt asking a question or two.

Breadbocks, who do you think benefited the most from Toaster's death?

Jim, why did you automatically assume he got muted just to avoid our question?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 05, 2011, 07:42:32 pm »

I wasn't being serious. Of course I knew he didn't get muted just to avoid my question. I was being a dick to provoke him into responding sooner rather than later.

Who do you suspect? Are you fully caught up on the thread now?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »

Breadbocks, who do you think benefited the most from Toaster's death?
Obviously the scum. It both stops town from learning how to catch scum better, and gets rid of a large threat itself.

If you want names, I'd say Jim, and Webadict, because it makes us depend on them more, and thus subconsciously more trusting.

Anyways, Jim: What do you say to the fact you've done minimal scumhunting yourself, but spent more time criticizing others' attempts at scumhunting?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36