Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 71984 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I can't really say anything about extending. We only need the one replacement for Bdthemag though, don't we? It's only him and TKoE that we're really worried about (and myself, but at least I'm actually here). Might be able to find that during the night and then start off with a semi-fresh start with TKoE here and that replacement.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Super said he might want one, and TKoE hasn't posted despite his V/LA ending.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, RL issues are also taking hold. I definitely need a replacement.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

I'll play, if no one minds, though I might be slightly biased...

Mind replacing Super, then?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [6/7, 2/2] , NIGHT 1: Sweet, bloody dreams
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2011, 03:08:12 pm »

Day 1 Has Ended!
major_sephiroth has been Lynched!
He was Town.

Votecount:
Heliman - 2 - Toaster, Breadbocks
Supercharazard - 2 - Orangebottle, CrownofFire
Orangebottle - 0 -
Breadbocks - 0 -
CrownofFire - 1 - The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs - 0 -
major_sephiroth - 4 – Toaster, Supercharazard, Heliman, Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 2 - Supercharazard, Toaster
Shorten  - 0 -

With 2 to extend and 3 needed, the day will end normally.

The day draws to a close, and out of the storm of arguments a name rises; major_sephiroth. Raising their fists in anger, they approach his fearful figure, outlined in bright orange by the heat of the campfire they created not long ago.

"No, please! I'm innocent, I swear! Oh god no, not in there, please!" he begged, kneeling in front of them, eyes wide.

The mob simply took another step, and readied for the beating. Desperate, he grabs the nearest person and pushes him in front of himself.

"Look, what about this guy, Heliman? Why isn't it him, huh? He's made more mistakes that I have!"

The mob remained unfazed.

"Don't you get it? It's him! it's him all right!"

Jim Groovester, displeased with this turn of events and anxious for the kill, lands a punch squarely in the Major's face. Stunned, the Major does nothing but look up at him, holding his hand to his nose. Jim's hand lifts once more, and strangled cries came from beneath as he begins pummelling the wretch. There are no words that come from the victim's mouth; they, along with his mind, faded after the first few blows.

As if in unspoken agreement, several islanders restrain his body as Jim pushes his head into the fire. Everyone flinches as the screams ring across the island, drawn out for minutes at a time as his face chars, his hair blackens and his features crumble. Even with his skin black after several minutes, the screams are just as loud, until they're cut short by a heavy rock thrown at him.

Toaster begins rifling through his clothes and searching his body, but alas. There's nothing in the fire, and it seems he was just a nobody.

Unsatisfied and slightly disturbed by the morbid turn of events, the body is disposed of in the forest and everyone settles down for some sleep.

A few hours later in the night, a person in the sick ward (the shade under a patch of trees) wakes up. Struggling to remember his name, he decides to call himself Orangebottle and falls asleep again.

major_sephiroth has been lynched. He was Town.

Bdthemag is now Orangebottle.
The King of Eggs has been prodded.
Supercharazard is seeking a replacement.

Night 1 has begun!
Scum & power roles, send in your night actions.

The Night will end Monday, 7PM GMT.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [5/6, 2/3]
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2011, 01:24:33 pm »

Day 2 Has Begun!
Toaster has been Nightkilled!
He was Town.

Votecount:
Heliman - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
Orangebottle - 0 -
Breadbocks - 0 -
CrownofFire - 0 -
The King of Eggs - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

"Where'd Toaster go?"

Was the first thing on everyone's minds this morning. They decided to send search parties after him, and a few hours later, they found him.

Or rather, his body. It was bluish grey now, and the head had rolled off nearby. It was definitely Toaster, and everyone was thoroughly shocked when they saw it.

It was clear that this was no game; they were trapped here for some morbid purpose, perhaps as human game to be hunted by some Russian nobleman tired of normal hunting, and they had to escape. Even if it meant killing everyone.

But for now, everyone was still in shock and returned to the campsite, silent. Everyone sat around for a while.
Then someone - one could never see or remember who started it - rose up, dragged another by the collar, and argued. He had broken the silence, and so it began.

Everyone rose for the brawl. This time, they'd get the right guy. They had to.

Toaster has been lynched. He was Town.

Supercharazard is now webadict.

The Day will end Thursday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 to Extend and 5 to Shorten.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:28:00 pm by lordnincompoop »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [5/6, 2/3], DAY 2: A Kitchen Implement's Lament
« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2011, 01:31:38 pm »

Oh, sure, kill the people teaching you.

breadbocks, that was a pretty smart move, how you got muted to avoid answering me. What was your case on Heliman? And what's your case on your current scum target if they're different people?

The King of Eggs, you got a free pass on Day 1. What's your opinion on the game?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2011, 02:01:36 pm »

From the little I've read and my limited posting right now, I believe Crown and The King are scum. I also, perhaps cheatingly, know Heliman is Town.

I'll post more later, as I work a fair amount.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2011, 02:41:41 pm »

Bah.

Listen to your ICs!  Especially Web, you rank amateur.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2011, 02:50:01 pm »

breadbocks, that was a pretty smart move, how you got muted to avoid answering me. What was your case on Heliman? And what's your case on your current scum target if they're different people?
Yes. Of course. I totally got muted, and thus stopped from having any input anywhere on the forums, where I have numerous commitments elsewhere which I missed out of for 3 days, all so I could dodge that one question. Makes all the sense in the world.

My case on Heliman was rather blind out of shear annoyance, partly because of real like, partly because of stuff in GD, and partly because Heli just rubs me the wrong way, like quite a few people on the forums do, and I suspect as I do to many in return. Really was rather stupid, and 3 days is more than enough time to look at something and go "Damn, what was I thinking?". It doesn't help that our unofficial 3rd IC claims it's all bullocks anyways.

As for current suspicions, I for sure want to take a peek into how wuba is so certain that Heli's innocent, and I would like to look at the reactions from Toaster's (I quite liked the flavor, BTW) death.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2011, 03:04:37 pm »

Oh, you're going to look into WUBA? How about you do that right now instead of giving me a complete non-answer about who you suspect. That would be the town thing to do, instead of employing delaying tactics, like you want to wait and see what happens and look at reactions, all dependent on other people doing stuff first.

And it's pretty damn convenient for you that you get to back away from a shitty case you made.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »

I'm going to have to PM LNCP something. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to reveal some... er... sensitive (sort of?) information. Really, it won't chance my stance. It'll just change what I say.

I suppose the IC thing to do would be to play fairly, but the winner in me wishes to cheat. So, I'll brb.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2011, 03:28:50 pm »

I would at least like to see what the other 4 players who haven't even posted today yet.

But you want me to start questioning people before I get the chance to see peoples reaction to the scumkill? Fine.

Jim, why are you so intent on refusing to accept that I could possibly see a mistake, and then move on from it, rather than trying to force that mistake to be good in some way? I refuse to believe 12 hours of me taking a step back and thinking about what people say will harm the town, as opposed to jumping on somebody's back, and then putting myself in the same spot as I was when I was floundering for something on Heliman?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2011, 03:39:15 pm »

I would at least like to see what the other 4 players who haven't even posted today yet.

But you want me to start questioning people before I get the chance to see peoples reaction to the scumkill? Fine.

Jim, why are you so intent on refusing to accept that I could possibly see a mistake, and then move on from it, rather than trying to force that mistake to be good in some way? I refuse to believe 12 hours of me taking a step back and thinking about what people say will harm the town, as opposed to jumping on somebody's back, and then putting myself in the same spot as I was when I was floundering for something on Heliman?
So, you're dropping Heliman just because I said he was Town, while also not bothering to find any actual evidence? For all you know, I'm wrong or scum.

Sitting around waiting to see what others say is far from being helpful. Why not try to look for a case on someone? Or possibly build one for Heliman. Not that it will matter to me, but at least you'd be useful.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2011, 03:50:12 pm »

Not just because you said he was town, but because 3 days is a long time to spend realizing just how much of a dumbass some things are. And yeah, just because I'm not going to pin anybody down yet doesn't mean I'm not looking back to yesterday for scumtells.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36