Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 72005 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [7/7, 2/2], DAY 1: Lost and found
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2011, 07:01:02 pm »

Also Jim, look at my last post and this one for my attack on Heli. It's not the most sound one. Also also, I think he means the scum will reliably use WIFOM and other known and limited tactics, thus making them identifiable.

But you just said you don't have a case so why should I bother going back to reread it? And I did and I still don't have a clue what you were trying to get at.
I'll summarise. Heli called himself a Mind Game Ship and linked to TvTropes. The mind game ship is someone who plays mindgames and messes with everyones head, etc. I used that as the basis of my arguement - but he wasn't serious about it and was only trying to annoy breadbocks. I can't vote on nothing but 'he seems scummy'.

Supercharazad, asking lots of hypothetical questions are nice, but are you narrowing down your list of suspects any?

Yes. I'm going slowly down the list of people, and those with thr worst answers get more questions.

Okay.

But what about what's happened in the game so far? What do you think of that?

I think TKoE needs to learn that mafia requires some time put into it, and that Breadbock seems suspicious, I don't know why, there's just something... bothering about him.
TKoE is on an official leave of absence. While he was here he participated.

I'm going to use TKoE's Idea. Green text is my comments.
Ok, questions posed toward me look squared away, now it's time for hunting. Don't you back off just yet Seph, I'm not done with you yet.
I'm still going to watch you and call you up if I find a scumtell or a hole in logic.

Well. I'll say the little things first:
The last quote you have on me was supposed to get people to look at you and decide by themselves - if someone voted you for my reasons alone.
A question to the entire forum "to decide for themselves" after a good sized and very accusatory post can only be regarded as a call to form a bandwagon, don't try playing it off as something less severe, it is what it is.

It is what it is, yes. It was said poorly, thus is something pretty incriminating. I was saying what it was supposed to be - not what it was.

I'd FoS them, at the very least.
A player Bandwagoning is always, at the very least, slightly suspicious. Because of this, anyone who jumps on a bandwagon always adds their two cents, so in all liklihood you would have FoS'd no one.
You've slightly misunderstood. I wouldn't just look for people adding nothing, I'd look for people using arguements too similar to mine, that sort of thing.

Now - it seems I misinterpreted my main evidence post here Heliman. I still think you're scum, but there's no solid case.
Onto your mindgames thing. It's easy. I mean, I got you to vote for TKoE, didn't I? And just by using the word 'turning' in your earlier post, Bread seems to betray BD by pressuring him. That's the only one I can spot at the moment.

PRE-POST EDIT: I feel I should elaborate on my mindgame. I thought TKoE was scum. Overreacting and whatnot - but I didn't want to vote him on that, as it'd be a blatant bandwagon.  I knew I could convince someone to vote him with enough questions, and I happened to get Heli with my first one.  So Heli, I wasn't as sheepish as you thought.
While I'm fully willing to asdf about your apparent mindgames later, this is still a load of scumshit. Why? You're making a serious contradiction by admitting this. Your statement just now proves that the question you asked earlier was a blatant lie made to bandwagon the most active townie.
If I was after a bandwagon, I would try to get more than one person.  I had just asked him a bunch of questions, and he overreacted - that's all the evidence I had. I thought that it wasn't enough to warrant a vote. I thought that another person would be able to find more evidence, and have a stronger case than I could.
Bread, and everyone, really. I urge you to look at his response: It's another mindgame. Would a townie have a reason to play mindgames on everyone?
If you don't know why a townie would play a mindgame, Then there is no reason that you would make one in the first place. Any proper town never lies, especially when under heat. It's one thing to play to play covertly, but it's another thing to make a total lie about how you play. Only a scum, and according to Wuba an inexperienced scum at that, would ever have any reason to lie when scum-hunting. You are that scum.

For why, look a bit above. Also when I said that, it slipped my mind that I'd played a mindgame. The reasoning is above - if you don't like it, question it or vote more or something.  Also, that line as poorly thought out as it was - one more 'mistake' in it shouldn't be too hard to believe.

The vote stays, and anyone else willing to comment on this fiasco is welcome.
I'm not going to challenge that vote - it's pretty damn sound.  Also, yes, everyone, comment on these proceedings.

Onto people that aren't Heliman.
I posted in Bdthemag's RTD, to watch it and to get him in here. Until he gets back into this mafia, Bdthemag.
Bread - I'll be eagerly waiting for those arguements.
Superchar - You've played mafia recently, you know what a scumtell is, I've dropped plenty. You having no evidence either means you're incapable of scumhunting or you're a liar. I'm heavily leaning towards the second. You can stop active lurking now and participate, m'kay?
Toaster - I'll mostly assume you've been busy, but can I get you to comment on these proceedings? (As a player, moreso than an IC)

And everyone - Heliman and I aren't the only players here. Pressure people. Form your own walls of text - conversation is good!

Ninja'd Edit:
Onto Bread:
Post 1: Yeah an RVS.
Post 2: He saw something suspicious and questioned it. Thoroughly. That deserves praise, not rolled eyeballs.
Post 3: The "U MAD?" has been explained. I put the idea in his head for that. It was also a pressuring vote, to see if he got angrier. He doesn't skip over Jim, look at the last section.
Post 4: The back and forth between him and Jim: His reason for the FoS gets taken out from under his feet - leaving him nowhere to go, hence "I don't know what to say." Also in there, he is not over-defending. He was questioned that many times, so he answered that many times.
Post 5: You're wrong. It's WIFOM. It's WIFOM out the wazoo, actually. I'm going to propose a scenario: Person A and Person B are questioning each other. Person C is scum. There's other town around. Person A then turns his attention to Person C. Person C ends up lynched. The scum COULD NK Person A - he's a good scumhunter. But they NK Person B. The remaining scum say "why wasn't Person A NK'd? He's the best scumhunter" and "Person A got Person B NK'd!". Person A calls them out as scum.  The town has to decide whether the scum would simply bus an ally, (like the scum are claiming) or that thw scum has a plan, (that Person A is right). There's no evidence either way, and it's down to speculation.
Wow that was long.
Post 6: Ever think that Heli was suspicious of BD BEFORE he said as such? Also, his main scumpick goes MIA, so he has to start on a new person. You give him that person to start on - and he pressures.
Post 7: Caution is a scumtell. Recklessness is a town tell. This is not guaranteed however, as I'm always cautious, for example. Being cautious as to where your vote goes is scummy play. Hell, I'm trying to be more aggressive and I still don't vote everywhere.
Post 8: The "King" of mafia said it's unreliable. And IIRC, that he think's it's not the best method. He didn't say the method was horrible and never to use it. He wants you mad right? And he has it.
Post 9: You claim he is only using a list of scumtells - I daresay all his arguements against me aren't scumtells alone.

I don't think these are too strong..  I tried to read these as if bread was town, but they still aren't too strong.

I got ninja'd 3 times when typing this. Go me.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »

EBWOP: (If that's the right acronym) Also while I was typing that, BD made a whole turn in his RTD. It seems he doesn't want to play.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2011, 07:03:57 pm »

EBWOP: (If that's the right acronym) Also while I was typing that, BD made a whole turn in his RTD. It seems he doesn't want to play.
I pmed LNC and said im doing to many forum games at the moment and I want to quit, sorry folks.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2011, 07:06:58 pm »

I pmed LNC and said im doing to many forum games at the moment and I want to quit, sorry folks.
If you keep the RTD up, i'll be happy. It's going well.

In other news, Unvote.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2011, 07:09:05 pm »

If you keep the RTD up, i'll be happy. It's going well.

In other news, Unvote.
I will, im suprised people think that its funny since most people don't like my sense of humor, but sorry again about quiting.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2011, 07:14:30 pm »

Bdthemag, in the middle of a heated debate suddenly begins to slur and lose balance, his skin all red. The island falls silent as all heads are turned toward the victim, who falls to the ground, unconcious.

There are few islanders as-is anyways, and seeing as each person can hold the key to escape you all resolve to help the afflicted. He is dragged to the shade and leaf-fulls of cool water is poured on him.

Meanwhile, the feud rages on.

bdthemag is seeking a replacement.

In the future, please do not talk about ongoing mafia games elsewhere. Also, a votecount will be up sometime tomorrow, probably.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Jim: I didn't say every post was scummy, nor that everything he did was scummy.

You want it short and simple? Fine.

Heliman is scum who thinks that if he's the one to point certain fingers, those same fingers can't be pointed back.

Seph: If you don't mind, I'll reply to those in the morning. As-is, I'm too exhausted for Mafia right now, and I've school tomorrow.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I have to say this is vaguely amusing watching you chase each other in circles.

I'll have more to say later. Have to read back a bit...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Heliman is scum who thinks that if he's the one to point certain fingers, those same fingers can't be pointed back.

That tells me absolutely nothing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2011, 09:36:54 pm »

So how about you stop attacking major_sephiroth for the method of how he's trying to get you lynched, and instead, attack him for the why. Because he's doing exactly what he's supposed to.
Seeing as I have received yet another slap in the nuts by Jim, it seems I have no case. No, I don't know why Major would try to lynch me if he was scum. If he did, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, the resulting mislynch would only have rebounded on him day two, the same going for bread.

Unvote major_sephiroth

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2011, 09:41:07 pm »

First of all, Unvote. I may have forgotten about my vote on Toaster. And now that TKoE is gone, I'm going to have to find someone else to chase after :P

Looking back, I find this quite interesting.
It's one thing to continue an argument while pursuing others. It's odd at the least to single-mindedly pursue one person while ignoring the rest in this game.
Bread, I think it is a bit impossible to be "single-mindedly" pursuing someone when I have only made 6 posts(including this one) since the start of the game and accused 3 players in the process, that’s literally one new person every two posts.
It was really a very weak reason to go after Heliman like that. breadbocks seems to be single-mindedly going after Heliman.

So overall, breadbocks seems to be chasing after Heliman quite a bit, and he's just going after major_sephiroth, who appears to be kind of jumping between the other two. I'm willing to bet that only one out of these three is scum, if any. Though I do have to say that I'm getting a bit of a town vibe from major_sephiroth. (I'm going to stop that bolding, because it's really annoying to do)

Supercharazard, on the other hand, hasn't really done much of anything except asking and answering a few random questions here and there. His last post indicates suspicion about breadbocks, but with no reasons stated why that is. Why is it that you're not doing anything but asking random hypothetical questions? In my eyes, that'd be seen as active lurking, not exactly something that you'd want to do.

PPE: Heliman, Jim is here to help us. He's giving you advice, not telling you how to vote. Keep voting major_sephiroth if you must, but remember you're trying to convince the rest of us.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2011, 10:01:07 pm »

PPE: Heliman, Jim is here to help us. He's giving you advice, not telling you how to vote. Keep voting major_sephiroth if you must, but remember you're trying to convince the rest of us.
Jim's advice is more of the straw that broke the camel's back.
Wuba told me that I should be able to differentiate between a lying scum and a lying town, and townies tend to make the more blatant mistakes. I'm still have a FoS on seph, but it happens. Also, while he's still wary of me too, He's also totally changed his position towards me, abating  breadbock's flow of rage would be contradictory to what a Scum Seph would want out of this.

Basically, I'm just I'm less certain that he's scum now and more certain that I just got worked up over his contradiction then I was before.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »

So how about you stop attacking major_sephiroth for the method of how he's trying to get you lynched, and instead, attack him for the why. Because he's doing exactly what he's supposed to.
Seeing as I have received yet another slap in the nuts by Jim, it seems I have no case. No, I don't know why Major would try to lynch me if he was scum. If he did, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, the resulting mislynch would only have rebounded on him day two, the same going for bread.

Unvote major_sephiroth

Nope. Mislynching townies is not really that big of a deal. It highly depends on the reasons why the lynch went through though. If the reasons were good, there's pretty much no backfire.

I've said before (not in this game, but another) that lynches are partly investigatory, since it's the town's only recourse to get surefire information. Lynching suspects, even if they're mislynches, narrow down the list of suspects to who the scum actually are.

This is why it's important that every member of the their town does their part to not make themselves a suspect (by scumhunting, nothing else); if the town spends all their time lynching scummy looking town they'll lose the game.

Wuba told me that I should be able to differentiate between a lying scum and a lying town, and townies tend to make the more blatant mistakes.

I think all the assumptions you're making are holding your scumhunting back.

Mistakes aren't the exclusive purview of the town.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:51 am »

In the future, please do not talk about ongoing mafia games elsewhere. Also, a votecount will be up sometime tomorrow, probably.
Firstly, sorry about that. I'll officially ask for a prod or something in future, is that the right thing?
Jim: I didn't say every post was scummy, nor that everything he did was scummy.

You want it short and simple? Fine.

Seph: If you don't mind, I'll reply to those in the morning. As-is, I'm too exhausted for Mafia right now, and I've school tomorrow.
Reply to this too:
How did you go from your arguements to that line? And if he thought that, he would've expected me to back down alot sooner, and it seems that he didn't expect me to back down or a while.

Unvote major_sephiroth

I think someone somewhere said that lynching a townie is a nulltell, because townies can simply be wrong.  So it's not a certainty that it'd come back to haunt the lyncher. Though, your lynch likely would, because of wifyifom, and all the crap surrounding it.

First of all, Unvote. I may have forgotten about my vote on Toaster. And now that TKoE is gone, I'm going to have to find someone else to chase after :P

Looking back, I find this quite interesting.
It's one thing to continue an argument while pursuing others. It's odd at the least to single-mindedly pursue one person while ignoring the rest in this game.
Bread, I think it is a bit impossible to be "single-mindedly" pursuing someone when I have only made 6 posts(including this one) since the start of the game and accused 3 players in the process, that’s literally one new person every two posts.
It was really a very weak reason to go after Heliman like that. breadbocks seems to be single-mindedly going after Heliman.

So overall, breadbocks seems to be chasing after Heliman quite a bit, and he's just going after major_sephiroth, who appears to be kind of jumping between the other two. I'm willing to bet that only one out of these three is scum, if any. Though I do have to say that I'm getting a bit of a town vibe from major_sephiroth. (I'm going to stop that bolding, because it's really annoying to do)

Supercharazard, on the other hand, hasn't really done much of anything except asking and answering a few random questions here and there. His last post indicates suspicion about breadbocks, but with no reasons stated why that is. Why is it that you're not doing anything but asking random hypothetical questions? In my eyes, that'd be seen as active lurking, not exactly something that you'd want to do.

Now that you bring it up, I see it. Bread, why have you gone after just Heliman? Also, why did you only provide reasons when asked to, instead of giving reasons when your actions are taken?

I also agree on Superchar's active lurking, as I've mentioned before.

Also keep bolding it's useful for everyone else!

Unvote major_sephiroth

I look so scummy doing this but I gotta add my 2 cents. If I were scum I'd know whether you were town or not - being town is a reason to want someone lynched for scum, but it isn't enough to get them lynched. I could be wrong though.

The King of Eggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For those who are wondering I do still exist, and am reading the posts when I can, I hate when IRL gets in the way of mafia. :/

I also hate this:

Mod: v/la till 12:00AM the 31st GMT +10

You might need to replace me if thats too long.

Very sorry all.

The King of Eggs
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36