Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Texture Pack  (Read 20712 times)

tree-puncher423

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Texture Pack
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:03:10 pm »

Hai guys, it's me again, I've seen several videos with different textures and not just text. How do I get a different one too? I can't seem to find any topic or vid that shows how to get one.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Texture Pack
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:09:50 pm »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:21:22 pm »

Myself, I use the Phoebus tileset/graphics pack (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57557.0).  Two other very popular packs are the Ironhand [and Wormslayer] (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53180.0) and Mayday (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53649.0) packs.

Carrion's link has quite a few others.  If you only wanted the tile/character sets then check here on the wiki.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

tree-puncher423

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:35:59 pm »

well i got the texture packs instaled and working but now i need help lol seems like im in trouble! stuck in a snowy valley with no mountains like it said thre were an no water, no trees, no berris, not anything and no solidground ithout ores on which to farm! i fear my dwarvs will not last long! and its in the summer :c

rawrjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:51:11 pm »

Hah. Yeah. Happened to me a while back.

You could place a downward staircase, and start your fort from there. You will more than likely find a pool of water somwhere.

Or pack up and pick a different location. - I usually go with this.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:18:14 pm »

You don't need water to farm in .21, and digging a down staircase works well to start a fort.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

tree-puncher423

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 12:01:45 pm »

yea i know but here's the thing, there is NO dirt ANYWHERE! :O its just a lot of red ore and gold! (i like the gold and ore but have no use for it cuz out of about 7 miles radius found only 13 trees :c) im doomed! but mybe i'll start a series on how to survive in places like this ^_^ that is if I survive first tho lol

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 12:11:41 pm »

Dig down until you hit magma and then you don't need to use the wood to smelt...
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 12:12:41 pm »

You have two options.  1) dig down to the caverns.  There's water, grass, and harvestable wild shrooms.  Or 2) dump 6 dwarves away.  Let the one sit inside with all the food and booze, making stone mugs.  As soon as caravan arrives, buy out all their food and booze.  If the other 6 die, you still have 1 alive, and 1 living is better than all dead.

tree-puncher423

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 05:46:28 pm »

not to self: always use a magma-proof floodgate when making a moat LOL