Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139346 times)

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 9 Day 1
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2011, 04:09:54 pm »

Tyberix: Considering the crazy amount of possible roles, do you think it's possible for us to orchestrate such a kill-stopping event again?
No, it will be pretty much impossible after claiming, it would require nearly everyone to have some mitigation ability(and i guess   it would be easier for the mafia to choose the target knowing our defense). There is small chance that it will happen again but i wouldn't put too much hope into it. Of course there's always a chance that we could make certain-win scenario if mafia claim won't change situation too much but that's also not guaranteed. Right now i feel as if claiming was bit of a gamble right now and a bit more "standard" play would make it easier later.

Bdthemag: By looking odd you mean what exactly ?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2011, 05:29:53 pm »

Hmm... Yeah, with 7 people and only 3 known roles, I think we should do some daygaming before claiming.

Joker:  We know your role- what was your result from the night?

Josh:  What have you learned from the past rounds about finding one scum in seven?

Tyberix:  With three known and four unknown roles, do you think a massclaim would help or hinder the town?  The scum?

The odds of finding 1 in 7? Surprisingly good, this game really lends itself to producing game breaking schemes. That said, I'm really disappointed that no one picked up on the sure win strategy in the previous round. Azure explained the first half, but he was mafia, and so was an astonishingly bad move on his part.

And let me answer Tyberix's question: Yes, a massclaim will be useful. I don't know why the sudden doubt as to why it wouldn't, since it has been successful in the last five rounds pretty much.

I'm a Coward Lone Wolf Forensics Expert. I can hide once a game, and make myself immune to night actions that night. I always turn up town to investigation, I can nightkill, and I can autopsy a dead body to discern it's killer.

I chose to use my one-shot hide last night, and I insist on knowing what everyone else's role is, and what they did last night.

I have a major concern though:

Toaser is Town.

Serious? You finally investigate someone, and it's the person who can confirm himself? That's... kind've useless Joker.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 01, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »

Screw it, I could accidentally screw over town if I don't claim. I'm a Fairy Godmother Paranoid Gun Owner. I kill whoever targets me with any action, and during the night I can give someone the ability to revive from one death. It doesn't work until the night is over though. Last night I !none'd.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 01, 2011, 05:46:48 pm »

Actually, question for Web: If person A redirects person B to Paranoid Gun Owner C, who dies? B probably definitely dies, but does A die as well, since C was one of the 'targets' of his redirect?

This isn't salient to anything whatsoever, I just thought of it when I was rereading my post and I saw I said 'any action'.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 01, 2011, 05:56:21 pm »

Toaser is Town.

Serious? You finally investigate someone, and it's the person who can confirm himself? That's... kind've useless Joker.

Yes, that's what I did. I figured it was important to make sure that he was still confirmed, because otherwise it would be very easy for him to get away with lying about it and not having anyone raise suspicion.

Problem with that?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 01, 2011, 05:59:54 pm »

Tyberix odd as in, that doesn't fit with what is currently going on, sorry if my explanation is confusing, it sounds way better in my head.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 01, 2011, 06:06:33 pm »

Toaser is Town.

Yes, that's what I did. I figured it was important to make sure that he was still confirmed, because otherwise it would be very easy for him to get away with lying about it and not having anyone raise suspicion.

Problem with that?

Uh... I'm not sure if you've realized Joker, but it's not Toaster lying that's the problem, it's the fact that he physically cannot lie. There is literally no reason for him to not investigate someone Day 1, and when he does, it's the other person that receives his alignment, then THEY can tell us if he's town or not. If he's mafia, he's dead no matter what, since he can never escape with not investigating someone and giving himself away, and if he's town, then he's basically always confirmed because someone can always vouch for him.

I believe I referred to it as a dual-person verification scheme or something a dozen or so pages back. I thought everyone else picked up on this fact.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 01, 2011, 08:13:40 pm »

Tyberix:
Tyberix:  With three known and four unknown roles, do you think a massclaim would help or hinder the town?  The scum?
I would like to see some play before claiming because massclaim makes it easy for the scum - he needs only to make good claim, making obvious mistakes during the open "night planning" is rather hard. I guess the fact that nobody died could mean that we have the chance to  repeat that somehow, full-claim would probably negate that advantage. Anyway i'm against outright claiming without any play,we could claim near the day end and then extend if needed.

Fair enough.  Now that Think and Josh have claimed, do you think you and Native should as well?

Think:  Why'd you !none?

Also...

Faerie Godmother (town; super-rare; 5+ players): You can target another player to make them a Reviver, giving them the ability to survive one death. Your ability won't work on a player killed the same night. Actions: gift

Does that add a revive or change their role to make them a Reviver?  Big difference.

Jokerman:  I'm with Josh on this one.  I picked a terrible scum role but a great town role- there's really no need to investigate me because of it.  Investigating me was a poor play on your part.

So far we have two valid possibilities as to why there was no NK:  BD and Josh were untargetable due to being a deep one/hiding.  I don't know for sure that's what happened (and I don't really care which of the two was targeted), but it's a possibility.  I first thought that made BD town since he didn't act, but he could have just !noned if he had known for sure that he'd be tracked by me over the round change.  Since he's inexperienced (no offense), I'd think he'd be less likely to think of that... but that's no guarantee.  It just makes him a bit less suspicious in my book.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 01, 2011, 08:17:32 pm »

Vector: 1) I don't know and that's a great question for Web. Web: do I change someone's role, or do I just give them the power?

2) I would've done it for you, but I didn't want to risk the chance of multiple people dying N0 and me accidentally giving the King Mafia the ability to revive. Since I didn't have anyone else to talk to about what I could do in a situation like that, I figured the best thing to do was just to sit tight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 01, 2011, 08:27:45 pm »

Vector?

You'll probably have to PM him the question to get him to answer, or just ask it generically like so:

Web:  Does a Faerie Godmother [(town; super-rare; 5+ players): You can target another player to make them a Reviver, giving them the ability to survive one death. Your ability won't work on a player killed the same night. Actions: gift] change the target's role or just give them a revive?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 01, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »

blurblwrr I keep mixing up you and Vector. My apologies, I had to get up 3 hours earlier than usual this morning.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 02, 2011, 01:47:14 am »

Well here i go then : I'm a Twin Reflecter Arms Dealer - i'm Toaster secret twin (Any actions targeting me will instead target him and vice versa) , i could give someone shield at day that will make reflect all actions that target him back. And i guess i'll wait with revealing gun numbers for natives claim. And i did nothing last night, i can't do anything at night anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 02, 2011, 08:13:56 am »

[b
Faerie Godmother (town; super-rare; 5+ players): You can target another player to make them a Reviver, giving them the ability to survive one death. Your ability won't work on a player killed the same night. Actions: gift

Does that add a revive or change their role to make them a Reviver?  Big difference.
Any role that turns another player into another role will lose their current role. A Faerie Godmother replaces their role with the Reviver role.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 02, 2011, 11:17:59 am »

Ah. Really good thing I didn't do that to Toaster last night then! Not gonna claim that was the reason I !none'd, but it works out.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 02, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »

Argh i just got clarification about one of my abilities, i was wrong about reflect being day ability - it's night one. I could used it N0 too...
Well at least i won't make that mistake again :\
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89