Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139475 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 6 Day 1
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2011, 07:47:51 am »

Azure:
Oh, Josh, has your twin already died? We sorta need to know if Toaster should be trying to protect you or not.

For someone who yells at Native for not reading back...

I'm Ottofar's secret twin, and anything targeting me will target him and vice versa.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2011, 08:25:06 am »

The difference being I missed that, whereas Native didn't read back. No need to be snide. >.>

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 6 Night 0
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2011, 08:34:06 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
JoshuaFH -
Toaster -
Azure Sepulchre -

Not Voting - NativeForeigner, JoshuaFH, Azure Sepulchre, Ottofar,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9PM Central.

The Day will end today at 9PM, mostly since Org dropped out, but also because I was having a bad week last week.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2011, 09:12:13 am »

I got the results of my autopsy back. It would appear that Toaster killed Pandarsenic, making him a liar and thus KING MAFIA. I don't think anything would cause my autopsies to be inaccurate, so I'm positive that this is the case.

Good round Toaster, it's unfortunate that this had to be such a blunt Round.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:49 am »

Well, that made things abundantly easy. Bleh...

Toaster. So long as you realize you die tomorrow, Josh, if he ain't maf.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2011, 10:39:06 am »

If he is maf, though, I'm gonna have to try and protect you, Josh (via Ottofar, of course). Which is risky, frankly speaking, but your ability is too valuable to let you die right now. Besides, even if I fail to protect you, I'd enjoy the prospect offered of eating you in order to gain your ability. Or I could acquire twin, which would make me even happier. No one else, but certainly me.

Or you can tell me not to and risk gambling on someone else becoming a protector for the sake of keeping you alive. Your call.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2011, 11:10:00 am »

Josh:  I can only conclude you are either lying or severely misreading your results.  What exactly makes you think it was me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2011, 11:29:43 am »

...oh, fuck. Silly me. I'm actually taking him at his word. >.>

Unvote Toaster. Otto, Native, need your input here. Do we lynch Toaster outright and try to keep Josh for future rounds, or test-lynch Josh right now then lynch Toaster tomorrow if he's telling the truth? For all we know, Josh could be totally lying about his role and has something planned that'll give him two kills if we lynch Toaster or summat.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2011, 11:42:14 am »

Josh:  I can only conclude you are either lying or severely misreading your results.  What exactly makes you think it was me?

I thought I was pretty frank. I have this pm here, that says you did it. You said that you protected someone or somesuch, ipso facto, King Mafia.

Org could've done this, I didn't need to sub in.

TO AS: I am telling the truth, and so I'm going to have to ask you to trust the gambler's fallacy on this one. The fallacy being: the likelyhood that I wind up being King Mafia two rounds in a row is nil, substitution or not. Test-lynching me would only deprive the town of my ability in the next round, assuming I don't roll snake-eyes and become King Mafia again, then.

I'll admit though, that this would be a magnificent lie if it were one, and I will need to write it down for future use.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2011, 12:03:04 pm »

Ugh. It was a round ago. You honestly can't be bothered to read that far back; not even to get reads on us? Besides, I gave you my answer, which is why I asked what you were hoping to get out of something so innocuous. But whatever, if you insist.

I would only cannibalize someone if we had an unused ML or on N0, for bloody obvious reasons. Presuming I knew everyone's roles, I would select the one that would benefit me most (in other words, whichever one wouldn't fall under the unfluence of the 'confused' curse) and attempt to take into account the odds of me obtaining it, compared to the odds of acquiring a role I don't really want. If the odds were high of me obtaining a certain powerful role in the possession of a pro-town player, I would have no problems committing. Same if they were scummy.

Thank you. Another appropriate response would have been to link me to the last time you answered. >_>

Hmmm, I knew I was getting an odd feeling from Toaster. You're gameplay just seemed off this round, so I'm inclined to believe Josh.

Azure: If he was lying about Toaster, don't you think he knew we'd find out and just lynch him tomorrow?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »

Okay. Toaster it is. We're still at 5p anyways.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2011, 01:47:56 pm »

I thought I was pretty frank. I have this pm here, that says you did it. You said that you protected someone or somesuch, ipso facto, King Mafia.

Org could've done this, I didn't need to sub in.

TO AS: I am telling the truth, and so I'm going to have to ask you to trust the gambler's fallacy on this one. The fallacy being: the likelyhood that I wind up being King Mafia two rounds in a row is nil, substitution or not. Test-lynching me would only deprive the town of my ability in the next round, assuming I don't roll snake-eyes and become King Mafia again, then.

I'll admit though, that this would be a magnificent lie if it were one, and I will need to write it down for future use.

Using Gambler's Fallacy is a good way to state that your argument is crap.

...Which is true, but irrelevant now.  I thought I had this squared away.  Dammit.

In again- role inbound.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2011, 03:11:17 pm »

Besides Josh wasn't originally in.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 25, 2011, 04:44:58 pm »

I re-inned through PM before I died, but it would seem the player cap had already been hit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 6 Night 0
« Reply #524 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:09 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
NativeForeigner -
JoshuaFH - Toaster,
Toaster - JoshuaFH, Azure Sepulchre, NativeForeigner,
Azure Sepulchre -

Not Voting - Ottofar,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9PM Central.

I'll finish this tomorrow morning. I thought I could do both games, but BYOR is HUGE! Toaster has been hammered though, so don't worry. Just give me a bit of time.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89