Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139471 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 6 Day 1
« Reply #495 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:26 pm »

I'm a Paranoid Gun Owner and immune to non-kill actions. I figured if this N0 tradition was gonna keep up, I might as well help the games end sooner so I can get back in.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 22, 2011, 06:50:52 pm »

I am disappointed by the lack of activity. What am I supposed to do with you all?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 23, 2011, 07:33:06 pm »

Ottofar:  What are you, then?   What do you think of my role?

Josh:  What are you, then?  What do you think of Native's role?

Azure:  What's your opinion on massclaiming?  Who does the extra information help more?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 24, 2011, 12:23:09 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
JoshuaFH - Ottofar,
Toaster -
Azure Sepulchre -

Not Voting - NativeForeigner, JoshuaFH, Azure Sepulchre,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9PM Central.

Did everyone get as busy as me, or what? I realize it's nearing finals, but nobody but Org called for a replacement or extensions, which means it's really all of your guys' faults fr not playing. Seriously.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 24, 2011, 08:01:45 am »

I'm a blue goo now. I used to be an Azwolg Network Robot Elvis.

So yeah.

Anyways, the apparently part strikes me as suspicious, since I think it seems you're hiding the kill, but ah well.
It was somehow realated to Darvi bring an anarchist.

Vote No One.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 24, 2011, 10:13:55 am »

I have internet access again. Not consistent, but good enough for a forum game. Consider me back in.

Azure:  What ability would you most like to gain via cannibal?

Easy; passive abilities. Things like Abbot, Double Voter or Mirror. Anything that wouldn't contribute to the amount of night actions I could potentially use and yet prove useful. If you're asking for something specific, I'd say Nexus. Automatic redirection is downright awesome, and it would be a beautiful thing to out as a claim as it basically negates reports/protects/etc. Of course, I'd need to be as lucky as all hell to get it, but God damn it'd be worth it.

Regardless, I've left myself in a bit of a predicament now as far as eating any of you is concerned. I don't know whether or not I'll protect someone or eat them if I target them. At least with Darvi gone, I no longer need to worry about hitting an incorrect target. Nonetheless, I wish I hadn't bothered transforming. >.>

...hah. I just realized something. If Darvi hadn't been Anarchist, I'd have ended round 5 instantly. Hahahahahaa...

Azure: Under what circumstances would you cannibalize someone?

Rather obvious answer, to be honest. And I do believe I responded to something similar last round. Sooo... that would make this a lazy, pointless question that had already been answered. Interestin'. What kind of information were you hoping to get from this?

Azure:  What's your opinion on massclaiming?  Who does the extra information help more?

Under normal circumstances, scum, naturally. But this is hardly an ordinary game, and as such I'm undecided on the issue. Since town becomes scum at the end of a round, massclaiming provides a valuable bank of information we can use. On the other hand, scum knows who to avoid and who to kill. Assuming town isn't bluffing, which would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do in this setup.

Anyway.

Otto: Please explain to me why you're no lynching on a ML. I'm also interested in knowing why you don't think anyone is scummy, which your no vote implies. Also, this is for everyone's attention - Otto ain't clear. Azwolg as maf can double-kill, since one is automatic. Just makin' sure.

Josh: Where you at, man? Big talk from me, I know, but I really wanna know which role you are. I wanna test something out.

Toaster: You've asked a lot of questions. What have the answers given you? Out of us four remaining, who do you FoS the most as a result of your findings? Why?

Native:

I'll answer your question after Azure answers his. I wouldn't want him to mold his answer around mine.

That's a weak justification at best. Toaster hadn't pressed me on anything particularly damning, and you react like I'll be grasping at straws trying to answer him. I can understand a certasin measure of healthy paranoia, but even if you had answered the question I'd have gained very little from your answer that I would be able to use myself. As such, I don't understand why you care that much. Interested in explaining?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 24, 2011, 11:54:51 am »

Azure:
Toaster: You've asked a lot of questions. What have the answers given you? Out of us four remaining, who do you FoS the most as a result of your findings? Why?

Your meta this round seems to be the same as last round.  That's far from clearing you, but it does mean I have no specific suspicion of you. 

Native is committing the bare minimum, which is why I voted him in the first place.  Inactivity is a global problem this round, but his post:content ratio is the worst.

Ottofar's unvote is interesting, but you already asked him for his reasoning.

Josh hasn't posted since replacing, but he also hasn't logged on to the forum since the 20th.  Org hadn't posted enough to get an opinion on him.

Native: I'm quite interested in your responses now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 24, 2011, 01:12:37 pm »

Damnit everyone, I think that you all have this game under control, so I leave for a few days hoping to come back to some good game log, and then find that I've been placed in, and the whole game is only lukewarm.

We are massclaiming, there's no ifs-ands-or-buts about it. Native, Ottofar, what are your roles, and what did you do last night?

I am a forensic's expert twin. I can perform an autopsy on a player, a day ability, giving me info on their killer. I'm Ottofar's secret twin, and anything targeting me will target him and vice versa.

I can most likely spot the killer, is what I'm trying to say.

Before I use my ability though, I want to see what they say.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 24, 2011, 02:44:49 pm »

I already claimed. Am now blue goo, azwolged Darvi, apparently.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 24, 2011, 03:20:42 pm »

What is Azwolged?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 24, 2011, 03:46:38 pm »

Also, WA, tell me when the day will end. The day was serendipitiously lengthened, but I need to know how much time I'm working with here.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 24, 2011, 07:30:12 pm »

Azure: Under what circumstances would you cannibalize someone?

Rather obvious answer, to be honest. And I do believe I responded to something similar last round. Sooo... that would make this a lazy, pointless question that had already been answered. Interestin'. What kind of information were you hoping to get from this?

Funny how I wasn't in last round, so I wouldn't know. Also funny how you're trying to avoid the question. I'm trying to get information about what drives you currently, and you don't exactly seem willing to share. Interesting.

In response to your other part: It's just a bad idea to openly express what you're looking out for in an answer. If you do that, then your question loses all power and becomes pointless. Doesn't seem like that matters, though. Seeing as you're avoiding the question and all.

But really, answer the question.

Josh: Already claimed.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 24, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »

How did I miss both of those? My fault for only skimming the existing posts so far. I just assumed that since Toaster and AS were talking about the merits of massclaiming, that it hasn't happened yet. Sorry for any perceived rudeness.

I've sent in my request to have Pandar Autopsied.

Also, I checked the xylbot list and found what Azwolg is. Funny that this is my first time hearing it.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2011, 07:26:56 am »

I am a forensic's expert twin. I can perform an autopsy on a player, a day ability, giving me info on their killer. I'm Ottofar's secret twin, and anything targeting me will target him and vice versa.

Eeh... it's cool, but was hoping for a protective role so I could try out eating someone who was being protected. Ah, well.

Funny how I wasn't in last round, so I wouldn't know. Also funny how you're trying to avoid the question. I'm trying to get information about what drives you currently, and you don't exactly seem willing to share. Interesting.

In response to your other part: It's just a bad idea to openly express what you're looking out for in an answer. If you do that, then your question loses all power and becomes pointless. Doesn't seem like that matters, though. Seeing as you're avoiding the question and all.

But really, answer the question.

Ugh. It was a round ago. You honestly can't be bothered to read that far back; not even to get reads on us? Besides, I gave you my answer, which is why I asked what you were hoping to get out of something so innocuous. But whatever, if you insist.

I would only cannibalize someone if we had an unused ML or on N0, for bloody obvious reasons. Presuming I knew everyone's roles, I would select the one that would benefit me most (in other words, whichever one wouldn't fall under the unfluence of the 'confused' curse) and attempt to take into account the odds of me obtaining it, compared to the odds of acquiring a role I don't really want. If the odds were high of me obtaining a certain powerful role in the possession of a pro-town player, I would have no problems committing. Same if they were scummy.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2011, 07:28:22 am »

Oh, Josh, has your twin already died? We sorta need to know if Toaster should be trying to protect you or not.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 89