Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139399 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Day 1
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2011, 11:40:09 am »

Principle of exclusion. I'm not, I'm pretty sure AS isn't, and Pandar has a pretty good chance of not being. Althugh it doesn't clear him, it places him beneath you two.

Hmm, has Toaster already inspected or not? Because if he has, then he already knows what such a PM would look like. If not, then you might be right, meaning that my vote on you is still well placed as you and Pandar are the last suspects left.

Also, I loathe people who boss others around the way like you do. Especially if that leads to you instantly winning the game, if you're KING MAFIA.

And it's this post that finally triggers my gut feeling, you're king mafia!

You see, all I'm seeing here Darvi is you sensing an actual threat and OMGUS'ing me; and giving poorly thought out reasons for having suspicions of both towniness and scumminess, if only so that your posts can't be thrown back into your face for having an absence of suspicion.

Now I'm in favor of lynching you for actually being scummy, ontop of my plan.

Assuming you are, though, we're unsure of one detail- what, exactly, does Azure's "confused" trait do?  If it can potentially redirect him, then your plan fails if Pandar is scum and Azure's consumption goes wide.

I'm not exactly sure what his confused trait does, because the way I understand it, terms like 'confused' don't have a set meaning. It could be anything that WA just made up on the spot, where the term is meant to insinuate the hidden caveat to Azure's ordinarily powerful role. Even Azure doesn't know, is what I'm trying to say.

So really, even if it has flaws, like a 50% redirect or failure, I'm ready to go with it, because my scum picks are like this at the moment:

(from most to least scummy)

Darvi
Azure
Panda

In the scenario where Azure's trait causes him to redirect or fail, or in the scenario where he's actually mafia and naturally disobeys, we're still taking out the top two.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2011, 11:43:58 am »

Pfahahahaha!

Whatever man.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2011, 12:04:51 pm »

No aspect of a role is hidden. They are written into the role itself, with the addons being an attempt to explain how they affect your role.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2011, 12:08:12 pm »

Azure:  If you choose to do nothing, are you guaranteed to do nothing?  If you choose to transform, is it possible for you to kill someone instead?

Darvi, you didn't answer my questions in my last post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2011, 12:15:43 pm »

No aspect of a role is hidden. They are written into the role itself, with the addons being an attempt to explain how they affect your role.

Ah, thank you WA for clearing up that misunderstanding of mine.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2011, 12:18:41 pm »

Oh, hmm, didn't notice your post, sorry.

But it's less of a 50% chance of him being town. There's the 50% of a successful inspect and another 33% if the inspect got redirected. Compared to the  "mere" 33% that you and Josh have, he's quite less likely to be scum than the two of you.

HOwever, if that was really your first inspect, then Josh's got a point. Wich means we have two townies with a kill (yeah Native could've done that one kill instead of AS, but whatever.) So here's a new plan. Lynch me today to get rid of my ability, then the two of you shoot Josh and Pandar.

Also, what OMGUS Josh? I already said that you and Toaster were my first scumpicks.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 11, 2011, 12:19:18 pm »

"Less than 50% of him being town". Oh gods I should reread my posts more carefully. I meant scum.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:20 pm »

Oh, and my plan is 100% foolproof. If AS really is scum, then Toaster can shot him.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2011, 12:26:04 pm »

Azure:  If you choose to do nothing, are you guaranteed to do nothing?  If you choose to transform, is it possible for you to kill someone instead?

It specifies that I need a target in order for Confused to take effect. So yes.

As for the second one... I don't know. Theoretically speaking, I believe I would be the target of my own transform. With Darvi dead I would have no chance of hitting anyone else, so I imagine there is a distinct possibility of me consuming myself if I attempt to transform.

I gotta admit. That'd be a pretty fuckin' awesome way to go outta this game.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 11, 2011, 12:27:04 pm »

Autocannibalism is not the answer!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 11, 2011, 12:31:14 pm »

Hey Wuba, conditional votes are possible right? If so, If I have two or more votes on me at the end of the day, unvote Josh, vote self..

That should take care of my goo.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 11, 2011, 12:54:43 pm »

So uh, here's the plan.

Me: Bluh I'm dead.
Toaster: shoot Pandar
AS: shoot Josh.
Pandar: Die.
Josh: Die. Maybe Grey goo AS or something. Whatever.

If neither of the two are scum, then Toaster and AS shoot each other next day and we have another TPK. It's win-win!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 11, 2011, 01:00:01 pm »

Darvi:  As far as I'm concerned, the inspect is 100% worthless.

As for your plan, it fails if AS is scum.  He shoots me instead of Josh, D2 is auto-nolynch hammer, goes to night, he wins.

I think we're best off lynching someone and all killing townies hold fire and let it go to a 3p D2.  In any case, nobody hammer until Pandar has weighed in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 11, 2011, 01:02:14 pm »

Oh. Damn. <_<

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 12, 2011, 11:41:28 am »

Seeing as, hmm, Pandar is unlikely to post and will probably be modkilled, I suggest the following:

Lynch me
AS shoots Josh
Toaster shoots AS.

Should cover everything.

Also again for anti-lurk stuff: once the day ends, vote self.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 89