Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139422 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Day 1
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2011, 02:02:25 pm »

Wait, hold on one second Azure. Does this mean that you're a confused cannibal turquoise goo Mr. Hyde with the abilities consume, kill, and transform?

I want to clear this up, cause that's just outright confusing, plus if you do still have kill and consume, I'm pretty sure I can set up a guaranteed win scenario.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2011, 02:28:56 pm »

Wait, hold on one second Azure. Does this mean that you're a confused cannibal turquoise goo Mr. Hyde with the abilities consume, kill, and transform?

I want to clear this up, cause that's just outright confusing, plus if you do still have kill and consume, I'm pretty sure I can set up a guaranteed win scenario.

...'kill' and 'consume' are one and the same. Someone needs to die for me to eat. But yes, I can also transform. However, it was not specified whether I began as Hyde or Jekyll. If I even began as either. But they are the only two roles that have the ability 'transform'. However, I'm not even sure if I can use that ability. Besides, the fact that I'm confused means I might end up not transforming and just eat one of you. Presumably at random, considering Darvi's role.

Azure:  Derp.  I was mixing it up with a regular super-saint.

Do you just have the transform action?  If so, that's pretty useless (unless you can transform and then get the ability of the other form.)

Why are you reluctant to claim your kill?

I was strictly told I was able to 'transform', and nothing else. I have no idea what will happen if I use it, if - indeed - anything will happen. For the time being, I suspect I am neither, and when I use it, I take on the abilities of one. But don't know which. Hyde would be decidedly useless, no? And would increase my chances of killing someone to 2/3's every night, if I'm correct in assuming 'consume' and 'kill' are exclusive from one another as actions.

And I didn't want to claim my role initially because I have just made myself an obscenely large target for any future N0's. No one will want to die to someone who has just proven he is entirely willing to kill you for yor abilities Sylar-style, so what's to stop anyone else from killing me now? Or later in this game? Or in any future rounds? Particularly any other King Mafia that'd be afraid I pick them off at random in my hunt for abilities. Or people with abilities like Josh, who could render me useless instantly. You can hardly compare to me, really; you're Batman, the perfect town role. I'm a self-concerned town-eater who has just now objectively proven he has no qualms with killing any of you to further my own goals. Would you be the first to claim, if you were in my shoes? And hell, even if I'm lying right now, how does that help me? At all? Unless I'm actually totally NK or Lynch immune, I'm rather screwed.

So... ya. Seems I descended into a little rant there. Oh, well.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2011, 06:52:54 pm »

...'kill' and 'consume' are one and the same. Someone needs to die for me to eat. But yes, I can also transform. However, it was not specified whether I began as Hyde or Jekyll. If I even began as either. But they are the only two roles that have the ability 'transform'. However, I'm not even sure if I can use that ability. Besides, the fact that I'm confused means I might end up not transforming and just eat one of you. Presumably at random, considering Darvi's role.

I'm going to ignore for a second that that doesn't make any sense. I had to re-look up how cannibal works to find that it only takes a random role ability, which solves why that happened, but now I'm really curious as to what the hell you'd transform into.

Regardless though, I have a question for WA: The only definition for confused comes from 'confused jack of all trades' in the Xylbot list:

Confused Jack of All Trades (town; super-rare; 5+ players): You have four one-shot abilities: kill, inspect, protect, and roleblock. You can only use one ability each night. A confused jack of all trades uses an ability other than the one he tries to. Actions: kill (1 use) inspect (1 use) protect (1 use) block (1 use)

So my question is WA: Would a "confused" anything alternate between a targeted action and a non-targeted one? Or only targeted actions?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2011, 06:55:28 pm »

As I said in BYHF, I won't be available for a bit so I... won't need an extension here but yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 10, 2011, 07:28:26 pm »

So my question is WA: Would a "confused" anything alternate between a targeted action and a non-targeted one? Or only targeted actions?
That question is too specific to answer.

Any role add-ons do NOT have to be the same role to role. Your name is merely designed to warn you that there are, in fact, add-ons.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 10, 2011, 08:24:59 pm »

That question is too specific to answer.

Any role add-ons do NOT have to be the same role to role. Your name is merely designed to warn you that there are, in fact, add-ons.

So the confused Add-on is very similar to the "Mystery" add-on, in design atleast? So really, it could be anything? Man, that's kinda crappy, I hate even the most vague elements of uncertainty.

I'm just going to have to work with it though, this was the plan I had in mind:

Because I'm pretty certain that Toaster is town, this round is almost a repeat of round 4, with there being 3 possible scum suspects: Azure, Darvi, and Pandar.

Today, we lynch Darvi, and if he's not mafia, then atleast we got his anarchist ability out of the way.

In the night, Toaster should kill Azure and Azure should consume Pandar. That will eliminate all three scum suspects, guaranteeing a town victory.

I'll unvote Darvi so that I can deliver the hammer vote on him, since seriously, I don't care if I change from one color goo to another.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:20 am »

That's not nice D:

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 11, 2011, 08:11:34 am »

Also, there's nothing clearing you from being scum.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 11, 2011, 09:08:49 am »

Also, if either Toaster or you are scum, they have immediately won if that plan goes as planned. also, your argument that Toaster is town:

Quote from: Toaster
This has several implications, the most important being that Pandar is no longer cleared.  My result didn't actually include a name, just that the target was town.

This is a small detail that I think a liar would overlook completely. Consider yourself cleared in my eyes.
is pretty flimsy. Because if I were in his position and had lied about an inspect, I'd have reacted the same way.

Looks like a buddying attempt and after that an attempt to win the game on day 1 by eliminating all the other players. (I have no reason to believe that AS didn't eat Joker and there's an over 50% chance that Pandar is town. So the probability that either you or Toaster are scum are pretty high).

So vote Joshua.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 11, 2011, 09:45:32 am »

It's about time you bother to attack, it just took me putting you on the spot.

Also, if either Toaster or you are scum, they have immediately won if that plan goes as planned. also, your argument that Toaster is town:

Quote from: Toaster
This has several implications, the most important being that Pandar is no longer cleared.  My result didn't actually include a name, just that the target was town.

This is a small detail that I think a liar would overlook completely. Consider yourself cleared in my eyes.
is pretty flimsy. Because if I were in his position and had lied about an inspect, I'd have reacted the same way.

That's a ballsy claim, because I'm willing to bet no you wouldn't. The detail is so small that only a town player would catch it.

What I'm trying to say is, think about this: imagine that you're Toaster, and you're king mafia. You want to squeeze in an easy kill on N0, but you're batman! People are expecting you to do something that only benefits the town, so you decide to lie about inspecting Pandar. Now, because you're not actually actually receiving an inspection PM from WA, you have to materialize, in your own head, what such a PM would look like. What would the contents of the PM be? How would it be structured? A lie, being non-material, is placed into the back of one's mind after it's told. This is a pivotal principle that I want you to remember.

Toaster, on the other hand, upon learning of your anarchistic qualities, was able to quickly remember the PM that he received, because it was a material thing that was able to stick out in his mind. He was able to recall such a detail, because the details of contents and structure were already spelled out in his mind thanks to WA, not from a perfect lie that he had taken the time to formulate in his mind. Something that'd be so easy to overlook.

This is why I'm willing to trust Toaster in this scenario. You are right that I'm not confirmed, but everyone's just going to have to trust that my plan will work.

So the probability that either you or Toaster are scum are pretty high).

Now, opportunistic Darvi, I can understand how you might be able to suspect me, but how is Toaster so likely to be scum?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2011, 10:18:24 am »

Principle of exclusion. I'm not, I'm pretty sure AS isn't, and Pandar has a pretty good chance of not being. Althugh it doesn't clear him, it places him beneath you two.

Hmm, has Toaster already inspected or not? Because if he has, then he already knows what such a PM would look like. If not, then you might be right, meaning that my vote on you is still well placed as you and Pandar are the last suspects left.

Also, I loathe people who boss others around the way like you do. Especially if that leads to you instantly winning the game, if you're KING MAFIA.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2011, 10:35:18 am »

Darvi:  That was my first inspect.  I didn't turn into Batman until the end of N0 last round when Org died.  I blocked Pandar both nights before that, and I haven't had an inspect role before.

Why do you think Pandar isn't scum?  Are you really willing to trust a 50/50 shot so much?

Josh:  That plan is great if you're town.  While I do suspect you the least currently (excluding Pandar- I don't have enough data on him to have an opinion), I'm not willing to jump on that plan yet.

Assuming you are, though, we're unsure of one detail- what, exactly, does Azure's "confused" trait do?  If it can potentially redirect him, then your plan fails if Pandar is scum and Azure's consumption goes wide.

Azure:  What does being confused mean for your role?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Night 0
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2011, 10:42:26 am »

Vote Count
------------------------

Azure Sepulchre -
Darvi -
Pandarsenic -
Toaster -
JoshuaFH - Darvi,

Not Voting - Pandarsenic, Toaster, Azure Sepulchre, JoshuaFH,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2011, 11:00:00 am »

Vote Nobody, for now.

Pandar, I saw you posting elsewhere.  Anything to add?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2011, 11:40:06 am »

It means I randomly use one of my abilities on a target. I have no idea if this applies to 'transform', and it seems that WA can't elaborate. However, assuming Darvi is lynched or incapacitated in some other way (there is one way, but unreliable and gives the maf a free kill), I will hit the target I choose. What I'll hit them with, though... well, that's a different kettle of fish.

Regardless, I'm on-board for this plan. For the most part. If this works, I always have the potion of coming back in for another round, and this is hardly a role I can continue to use anyway. But what I want to know is why you'd have me shoot Panda (who has at least a 50% chance of being your clear) instead of Josh himself (who has... what, about 7-8% chance of being your clear in terms of your report - and that's assuming Anarchist doesn't include the user of an action as a potential target). If we're going to be doing this, I'd prefer to play it by the odds when we have a variable like Panda in the game, who doesn't have a damn usable tell attached to his name.

Also, Vote Nobody.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 89