Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139405 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Day 1
« Reply #375 on: April 08, 2011, 11:09:23 pm »

Azure:

Toaster - Do you think it odd that someone like Native - with a completely unknown role - or Joker - who possesses what appears to be a generally passive role in town hands - are higher in the mafia's list of important targets than you, someone who claims to be Batman? What do you think this entails?

Looks like it entails you posting flagrant WIFOM to me.

If you really want me to indulge you, let me say this:  I blocked Pandar N0 of both Rounds 3 and 4.  Do you really think it's that hard to assume I would choose to action him again, since he has an equal chance of being the mafia as everyone else?

My first thought on your "role trade" with Darvi was rolefishing, but on second thought I'll just let him answer it as he will, though at this point Josh and I are out in the open with everything including N0, and Pandar doesn't have much of a night action.

Josh:  Under your "supervision?"  So you're the keeper of the actions, now?  Please explain that further.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 08, 2011, 11:11:29 pm »

Let me answer Panda's question on his behalf: He can't use his arms dealer ability again. It was a one-shot ability, which don't reload.

Gleaning from what you know so far, however, who would you choose to goo out of the remaining participants and why? If you don't have enough info right now to make a reasoned choice I'll postpone this question until later, but I would like an answer eventually.

If I wanted to take a wild risk, joker. Because it'd be eliminating his super-saint ability, which is damn irritating.

Otherwise, Panda, but only if he asked me to. Being a poison doctor with no poisoner is as good as being a townie, so from Panda's viewpoint, he might want to become my goo buddy so that he atleast has a power he can use, even if it's a totally lame one.

I have a question for you though Azure. It's pretty obvious that you're no amateur, since we've never played with eachother before, will you summarize your mafia history for me?

Also, why a beige colored outfit? that's quite the proposition you're offering to Darvi there. You and Darvi are the only hidden elements in this round. If you're mafia, this proposition only benefits you, as you're eliminating your only blind spot.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 08, 2011, 11:28:29 pm »

Josh:  Under your "supervision?"  So you're the keeper of the actions, now?  Please explain that further.

Really, I hate potentially reckless players. I used to play a lot of games of paranormal mafia where I'd learn everyone's role one way or another, and then boss them around. I just always found that it was easier to deduce liars and guarantee a surefire victory for the town when you have every detail at your disposal, and everyone working in unison.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 09, 2011, 01:24:46 am »

Looks like it entails you posting flagrant WIFOM to me.

Well, then. Guess that means I don't really care about the answer to the question, do I? Either that, or I'm an imbecile.

Eh. To be honest, I couldn't decide whether you were more surprised or annoyed by a second kill - one or the other deciding, to me, whether you were more likely town or more likely scum. So I wanted to light a fire under you to see how you'd respond. Not how I expected, I'll admit; figured you'd either dismiss me out of hand completely or attack me hard as a result. Didn't predict a little of both and a little of neither. Still not entirely sure what to make of you.

If you really want me to indulge you, let me say this:  I blocked Pandar N0 of both Rounds 3 and 4.  Do you really think it's that hard to assume I would choose to action him again, since he has an equal chance of being the mafia as everyone else?

Yeah, that makes a fair amount of sense. He can't block you from checking him, unlikely for him to be a GF, etc, etc... but it makes you irritatingly predictable. If either of the other two players with their roles out realized this before today began, they could keep you alive for one day without any real worries. Kill you the next day, then kill your clear. Of course, the second kill has rather buggered up any chance for maf to kill you, then your clear... eh, I digress.

My first thought on your "role trade" with Darvi was rolefishing, but on second thought I'll just let him answer it as he will, though at this point Josh and I are out in the open with everything including N0, and Pandar doesn't have much of a night action.

I have hardly forced him against a wall. He can easily say just the word 'no', and I'd have nothing on him.

If I wanted to take a wild risk, joker. Because it'd be eliminating his super-saint ability, which is damn irritating.

Otherwise, Panda, but only if he asked me to. Being a poison doctor with no poisoner is as good as being a townie, so from Panda's viewpoint, he might want to become my goo buddy so that he atleast has a power he can use, even if it's a totally lame one.

I wasn't aware Grey Goo could penetrate an Abbot's abilities. Interesting.

I have a question for you though Azure. It's pretty obvious that you're no amateur, since we've never played with eachother before, will you summarize your mafia history for me?

I have played for a bit over half a year on Epic Mafia. Occasionally, I play games on this site when I want something a bit slower.

Also, why a beige colored outfit? that's quite the proposition you're offering to Darvi there. You and Darvi are the only hidden elements in this round. If you're mafia, this proposition only benefits you, as you're eliminating your only blind spot.

I reiterate: he can also say no, and I can only guess from there. However, I can see what you're getting at. Ergo, I propose this change to the proposed arrangement: I will out first, and if the town in general feels that it would be an unfair trade of information, I will have no problems if he doesn't out. Does that seem fairer? I'm more interested in providing information to be analyzed than anything else, regardless.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 09, 2011, 12:49:21 pm »

okay, have to type in everythinganually, including the quotes. This will be fun.

@Josh:
There are only 3 in the queue, so whoever goes back should get the spot
Quote from: me
So, that's your plan? Not with me around you don't!

@Toaster: uh, all of them? Isn't living to see the next day top priority for town?

But I assume you meant "How far would you go to eliminate good players?"
Well, only if there are two players whose alignment I don't have a clue about, then I would protect the weaker of the two, respectively kill the other one. If he's scum, good, if not, then the other one is more likely to drop scumtells and can't scumhunt me as well. Unless of course it's lylo or something. Haphazard kills could be fatal there.

@AZ: you got something wrong there. I said I didn't care about the title. I'm still playing to effing win. If only to laugh at you guys if you lose against me.

And your proposal, hmm, 'Kay. I'm an Anarchist Blue Goo.

Hmm. Assuming joker didn't do a kill last night (and considering he didn't kill before, I'm inclined to believe that isn't the case), we have another nightkiller amongst us. I'm not, and neither are Josh and pandar. Since toaster either told the truth and inspected or lied and is scum, rhat means AS is the killer, and thus town.

And since pander is confirmed town, that leaves us with Josh and toaster as potential KING MAFIA.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 09, 2011, 07:13:11 pm »

Darvi:

@Toaster: uh, all of them? Isn't living to see the next day top priority for town?

No, that's scum's first priority.  Town's first priority is to find scum.  Interesting that you say that!

Well, only if there are two players whose alignment I don't have a clue about, then I would protect the weaker of the two, respectively kill the other one. If he's scum, good, if not, then the other one is more likely to drop scumtells and can't scumhunt me as well. Unless of course it's lylo or something. Haphazard kills could be fatal there.

Self-interest noted.

Ugh, Anarchist.  That just throws a wrench in everything.

Anarchist (town, survivor; uncommon; 4+ players): Chaos is good! As long as you are alive, each other player's night action has a 50% chance of affecting a random player. (You can't choose not to use this ability.) Actions: (auto)chaos

This has several implications, the most important being that Pandar is no longer cleared.  My result didn't actually include a name, just that the target was town. 

Darvi, why are you assuming that Joker didn't kill?  He had a kill action- he very well could have shot it off at somebody.  You're way too quick to clear Azure.

Azure:
Yeah, that makes a fair amount of sense. He can't block you from checking him, unlikely for him to be a GF, etc, etc... but it makes you irritatingly predictable. If either of the other two players with their roles out realized this before today began, they could keep you alive for one day without any real worries. Kill you the next day, then kill your clear. Of course, the second kill has rather buggered up any chance for maf to kill you, then your clear... eh, I digress.

And that's where WIFOM gets you- nowhere.

Also, you're confused- Abbot (Jokerman) kills whoever casts the final lynch vote on him.  Ascetic (not Jokerman) is immune to non-kill actions.

Pandar:  Now I do want to hear more from you.  What do you think an Anarchist will do to this round?

Josh:  Fair enough.  I remember reading the Paranormal where you were the Ghost, so that makes sense.

Do you have any ideas for this game thus far?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 09, 2011, 08:01:47 pm »

Alright Toaster, I'm ready to completely trust that you're town at this point, if only because of a little detail like this:

Quote from: Toaster
This has several implications, the most important being that Pandar is no longer cleared.  My result didn't actually include a name, just that the target was town.

This is a small detail that I think a liar would overlook completely. Consider yourself cleared in my eyes.

Quote from: Toaster
Josh:  Fair enough.  I remember reading the Paranormal where you were the Ghost, so that makes sense.

Do you have any ideas for this game thus far?

I do, though Darvi's role makes any plan completely up to the whim of random chance.

I was going to release my scum picks, but then Darvi claims anarchist and everything needs to be re-evaluated now, as I trusted at face value that Pandar was town but now I need to go re-read his posts.

Plus, now I'm really curious as to what Azure's gonna claim. He might have the role that wins the game.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2011, 04:06:36 am »

...an Anarchist. Now things make sense for me. Hah! 'Mischievous' indeed. XD

I'm a Confused Cannibal Turquoise Goo: I kill and eat someone, taking one of their abilities for myself. I am the second killer and, Joshua, I tried to kill you. Since I gained the ability to transform, I assume I killed Joker instead (Dr. Jekyl, Mr. Hyde). Would've been handy to get Abbot, but alas...

But ya. Killed so I'd have more abilities in preparation for eventually becoming King Mafia, assuming I lasted long enough (hence why I wanted rid of Joshua. Didn't like the idea of turning into Grey Goo after gaining abilities, but liked the idea of turning other people into Grey Goos). Self-centered? Yes. But in this kind of game, I'm meant to be. The 'confused' part buggered up my plans, though (and 'Anarchist' makes things even worse for me), so I have no real problems outing. Just figured I'd try to barter the information before I told you all I tried to kill Josh. >.>

At the very least, I verify Darvi telling the truth. Don't mean he can't be scum, though.

Anyway, as far as you're all concerned, Native could've easily been the second killer and I could be lying through my arse. Figured I'd point that out, since Darvi appears to think I'm clear for killing.

And that's where WIFOM gets you- nowhere.

Eh, I don't like leaving rocks unturned. I want to consider every possible outcome before I make my final decision. Unfortunately, in a game like this, where anyone can be anything... *sigh* I really want to know what Native was. Was vaguely hoping Darvi would be a Mortician of some sort.

Also, you're confused - Abbot (Jokerman) kills whoever casts the final lynch vote on him.  Ascetic (not Jokerman) is immune to non-kill actions.

Actually, you are. Abbot does both. Want proof? 'Abbot (town; rare; 3+ players): You are immune to non-kill actions. If you are lynched, the person who cast the final vote on you will die also.' Damn powerful role. Really annoyed I got Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde instead. >.>

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2011, 04:13:06 am »

Also, in that case, we can be sure you didn't get an inspect on Joker, as you'd simply have been blocked. Just thought I'd point that out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 10, 2011, 04:14:05 am »

Darvi:

No, that's scum's first priority.  Town's first priority is to find scum.  Interesting that you say that!
Hmm, living to see the next round includes finding the scum numbnut. Else they wouldn't get to the next round in the first place.

Ppe: cannibal? Ew!

Self-interest noted.
Well duh.

Ugh, Anarchist.  That just throws a wrench in everything.

Anarchist (town, survivor; uncommon; 4+ players): Chaos is good! As long as you are alive, each other player's night action has a 50% chance of affecting a random player. (You can't choose not to use this ability.) Actions: (auto)chaos

Ahm, hmm, kay. I assumed the PM would include your target.
Darvi, why are you assuming that Joker didn't kill?  He had a kill action- he very well could have shot it off at somebody.  You're way too quick to clear Azure.
because... Didn't I already say that? He held back his kill before, so I think he's not the kind of person to haphazardly kill sembody for a 1/6 chance.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2011, 04:17:13 am »

Cannibal? Ew!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 10, 2011, 04:19:27 am »

Hmmm, what did native claim again? I forgot and it's a pain to read through all of this with this tiny window.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2011, 04:20:14 am »

Tastes like chicken. That transforms into Mr. Hyde. *baddom pitish*

Thank God I didn't kill you, though, Darvi. If I got Anarchist as well as Confused, I'd start screaming. >.>

Also, Native had only just joined, so we can't know. Ever. Which is why I'm pretty annoyed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:56 am »

Daaamn /:-l

That means that my number of suspects is back to 4 again. So much for my analytical abilities.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2011, 01:44:41 pm »

Darvi:

Hmm, living to see the next round includes finding the scum numbnut. Else they wouldn't get to the next round in the first place.

They sound the same, but they're not.

Azure:  Derp.  I was mixing it up with a regular super-saint.

Do you just have the transform action?  If so, that's pretty useless (unless you can transform and then get the ability of the other form.)

Why are you reluctant to claim your kill?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89