Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139296 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 4 Day 1
« Reply #270 on: April 02, 2011, 09:01:33 pm »

Question: If Org wailed at someone Round 3 and someone else Round 4 on Night 0 each time, what would happen?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2011, 09:07:40 pm »

Question: If Org wailed at someone Round 3 and someone else Round 4 on Night 0 each time, what would happen?
Then nothing would happen but those players being blocked. If it were the SAME person being blocked, that player would die upon being blocked the second time, as all status effects, one-shots, roles, and what-not transfer from Round to Round.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2011, 10:38:58 pm »

Huh.

Well, now's as convenient a time as any to claim: I'm a Poison Doctor Arms Dealer and there are three guns in play this day.

wtfuguyz
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2011, 11:15:36 pm »

Dang that's interesting Pandar.

I feel like I'm being anal-retentive, but:

Anyway, Pandar what do you think of the proceedings of night 0?

I'm not feeling too well today as a matter of fact. I hope that Tyberix and Joker get in here by tomorrow so we don't feel so lonely.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2011, 11:59:53 pm »

Oh yeah, I just noticed something.

Pandar, feel free to disregard my question completely. You're confirmed town.

Why? Cause I said so.

Now, since I know that you're not mafia, and I'm not mafia, the only remaining people that it can be are Toaster, Joker, and Tyberix.

Pandar, would you be so kind as to ask WA for further details on how your ability works, like if it's only people with 'unspent' abilities that are holding guns, or if it counts the mafia as a gunholder, and other miscellaneous information.

Joker, why did you kill Jack?!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2011, 12:28:26 am »

Webadict, what are the exact rules of the (day)census ability?

Mafia holds a gun.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2011, 04:33:54 am »

Well let's see what's going on. I see i underestimated setup craziness, i must read more of previous rounds :P

Tyberix-  What is the best way to find scum in one day?
Make them scared enough and look for mistakes? Or get inspect if you mean one day + night.

Pandar: Three guns  = tree kill actions or maybe tree roles that could kill somehow ? What's the use of that info or how do ou think it should make us play?

JoshuaAbout Pandar-towniness If you noticed it now and not knew it before  i think you could explain it ?

Toaster What was your motive tonight ? Anything i should know about previous rounds,before i read them ?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 03, 2011, 07:02:16 am »

Webadict, what are the exact rules of the (day)census ability?

Mafia holds a gun.
It takes the people that are currently alive, as taking the dead would be stupid.

Basically most roles with a kill action would hold a gun. Cops (Day Cop, Role Cop, OS Cop, Inspector Gadget, etc.) also hold guns.

There are certain exceptions on kill roles, but these relate mostly to serial killer roles. Like, say, a Serial Killer would have a knife, or a Chainsaw Murderer would have a chainsaw, but these are specific examples. If I can't deduce what they would kill with from their role name (Like a Mad Monk or a Virus [Yes, I'm not going to list biological weapons] EDIT: Actually, my bad, I would never list a Virus as a kill action. It is an infect action, so wouldn't count. A better example would be a Crazed Fiend), I'll list gun. If you want to hear specific examples, you'll have to ask for each example, but it should be obvious.

And then there are some roles without a kill action that would have a gun: Paranoid Gun Owner, Mad Gunman, etc. If it has gun in the title, or it is specifically related to the Mafia (Mafioso, Godfather, Hitman [But not mafia exclusive roles, like Anti-Doctor])

Oh, and people with bombs would be included: Paranoid Suicide Bomber, Bomb, etc. and they would be listed as bombs.

And lastly, anyone that is Mafia will carry a gun unless they would carry some other weapon (Knife, Chainsaw, etc.)

EDIT: Poisoners would also list poison.

Of course, one last thing, as this has multiple roles: If a player would count for two of these, I will only use 1. If it is a gun, I'll pick gun, if not, I'll randomly select.

Was that explanation sufficient?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:10:47 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 4 Night 0
« Reply #278 on: April 03, 2011, 07:09:58 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic -
Jokerman-EXE - JoshuaFH,
Toaster - Tyberix,
Tyberix - Toaster,
JoshuaFH -

Not Voting - Pandarsenic, Jokerman-EXE,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2011, 02:22:20 pm »

Jokerman-  What is the best way to find scum in two lynches?

Luck?

Josh: It appears to me that Jack targeted Org with his Infect and they both died.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2011, 06:20:58 pm »

I don't think it's Pandar either.  That makes Josh less likely, so... Joker or Tyberix.

Does the arms dealer himself have a gun?  Thematically, he should have guns to sell, but...

Jokerman:  I'm not sure I like the way you answered that question.  He hit you with a throwaway accusation, and you come off with a explanation of events that is plausible, but not likely what he was looking for.

Tyberix:  So you think the best way is the night game?  Interesting.

As for your question, I'm a bit confused- you shift tense from past to future on me.  My N0 plan is the same as my N1 plan, though:  take whatever action I can to hunt down scum.  Generally (Round 3 notwithstanding) do better by using the day game to find scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2011, 07:03:03 pm »

Does the arms dealer himself have a gun?  Thematically, he should have guns to sell, but...
An Arms Dealer alone does NOT have a gun.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2011, 07:21:58 pm »

Okay, Toaster. You want me answer to that question?

Because I wanted to see him die.
I didn't.

That wasn't implied? Jeez, I'll have to work on my transparency a bit.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2011, 07:53:34 pm »

Tyberix-  What is the best way to find scum in one day?
Make them scared enough and look for mistakes? Or get inspect if you mean one day + night.
JoshuaAbout Pandar-towniness If you noticed it now and not knew it before  i think you could explain it ?

That's an easy one, WA made a mistake. I'm an astrologer, which gives me info on a random role each night. The role I got was the very one that Pandar has. When Pandar claimed however, I had to do a double-take between my info and his claim, and realized that WA had forgotten to omit the part of the description he gave me that says that his role is exclusively a town role.

Seeing as how all the role descriptions are authored by WA himself, I very much believe that it is the case that Pandar is a confirmed townie.

How's that for a claim?

Okay, Toaster. You want me answer to that question?

Because I wanted to see him die.
I didn't.

That wasn't implied? Jeez, I'll have to work on my transparency a bit.

I can certainly believe the theory you fed me Joker, and I can certainly believe you didn't kill anyone last night. Of the three though, I'm most comfortable with lynching you first.

Why? Gut feeling, again.

And if not you, then Toaster is next on the chopping block. Tyberix does infact feel the least scummy at the moment.

I'd like a second opinion though. Pandar?

To all: please refrain from hammering Joker till I get a bit more discussion in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2011, 08:57:54 pm »

Here's an important question- Did anyone get turned into a grey goo?

I think we'll need a massclaim here, but let's hold off for a second on that.  I very much so agree on the no hammering bit- I'll unvote to help it along.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89