Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139227 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 2 Day 1
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2011, 03:08:08 pm »

Jack A T is the most scummy person at the moment. Why? My gut says so, or if anyone's not satisfied with that, it's because I'm getting opportunist vibes from him. Picking at a person’s perceived flaw in logic rather than attacking people, or trying to trip them up.

...picking at a person's logical flaws isn't an attack?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2011, 03:13:38 pm »

Jack A T is the most scummy person at the moment. Why? My gut says so, or if anyone's not satisfied with that, it's because I'm getting opportunist vibes from him. Picking at a person’s perceived flaw in logic rather than attacking people, or trying to trip them up.

...picking at a person's logical flaws isn't an attack?

I apologize, I worded that vaguely, what I'm trying to say is that you're more than happy so say what I'm doing is unusual or suspicious, but hesitant to commit to a full 'attack', or actually confronting me to force me to put myself on the line. Like the difference between a jab and a straight, it's a matter of whether you're willing to commit.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2011, 04:42:26 pm »

Hmmm, my opening post for today was going to be my re-evaluated scumpicks, but I want to ask something first.

Native, why vote for me? What I mean is, you direct some questions at BD for his sudden receptiveness. This, I can very well understand, since it wouldn’t be too unusual for a Mafioso to try to steer suspicion away from himself by being compliant and helpful with all questions posed to him; but then you just vote me with no reason attached.

I’m just curious, is all.

It's just the lingering vote from previously because of your statement about BD and your attempts to get him to scumhunt himself. I revoted to avoid the prod. No questions were attached because I was tired all day yesterday.

But now that I'm not, what do you make of BD's compliance? You've already mentioned that it wouldn't be unusual for a mafioso to do so, do you think that's what BD is doing?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:20 pm »

Truthfully Native, I can't make heads or tails of that particular detail. I did push him to answer, and he did answer to the best of his knowledge, if only meekly.

Really though, answering questions are mostly a null tell. It's only that he was submitting himself to the questioning, without doing much else, i.e. attacking or providing commentary, that could possibly be construed as suspicious. What I mean by that is, it's like going "Ok, I'll answer the questions, please stop suspecting me." is what I'm thinking.

Feel free to interpet that as you will, but I don't think it's a big enough tell to go off by.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2011, 05:59:56 pm »

Alright, I'm going to be leaving my computer for the day most probably. Anyone wanting a response from me will have to wait until tomorrow.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2011, 06:15:33 pm »

I'm not discounting BD's potential mafia-ness at all, but if I had to say, I really don't think he's that scummy. Rather, I wanted to pepper him with unusual questions to see how each person would react, and I think I did a pretty good job.

Since Native doesn't seem to be around to answer my question at the moment, I'll just go ahead with my usual plan: declaring my scumpicks.

Ottofar isn't being useful, and I certainly don't remember him saying anything even remotely helpful

Org, whom I place into all my scumpick lists for virtue of being the human null-tell. I mean, I've played quite a few games with him in the past, and I’m not sure if and how he’s changed since then, but it’s a wise decision to never take your eye off him, if only, from my experience, his actions don’t correlate well with his role. Very uncertain.

And Toaster, let me see, ontop of a slightly more minor opportunism described above, But I’m just getting the vibe of your typical “helpful Mafioso”, or a mafia that says and does things which are stereotypically town. This is something I’ve done in the past.

If I had to place them in order, from most to least scummy, it’s:

Jack A T
Toaster
Ottofar
Org
Hmm.
Not too different, but I usually post more than I use to.
Anyway,
Ottofar I find a little lurky and non content posting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2011, 10:37:52 pm »

Josh, I can't help but notice that two of your top three picks are currently voting or FoSing you.  Further, you say who you suspect without seeming to do anything about it- you don't really seem to push any of your suspects, and your posts feel more reactive than anything.

Let me ask you this: how would you tell the difference between someone acting stereotypically townie and someone being genuine town?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2011, 11:21:29 pm »

Josh (still): How often have you played mafia in the past? Do you have any previous experience on these forums?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2011, 11:38:52 am »

Josh, I can't help but notice that two of your top three picks are currently voting or FoSing you.  Further, you say who you suspect without seeming to do anything about it- you don't really seem to push any of your suspects, and your posts feel more reactive than anything.

Let me ask you this: how would you tell the difference between someone acting stereotypically townie and someone being genuine town?

Firstly, in your first sentence, what’s your point?

I don’t quite understand how I’m being ‘reactive’, or as I understand it, only moving when other people are moving, but I’ve been trying to incite dialogue, and force players into confronting me. I think I’ve been doing a pretty good job.

To answer your question though, the difference being that a stereotypically town person does and says things which are seemingly helpful, but don’t actually assist in finding mafia; they pursue targets which are safer, and less likely to arouse suspicion on themselves by attacking. This is what I meant by that. Genuine town behavior is more brash and aggressive, in my opinion.

Josh (still): How often have you played mafia in the past? Do you have any previous experience on these forums?

Oh, I’ve played a bunch of games. With Vector, Pandar, Webadict, Org, ToonyMan, Mephansteras, Nuke, Solifuge, and Dakarian. I’m not sure if Dak, Solifuge, or Nuke are still here, but I’ve had plenty of experience on these forums. I’ve hosted a few games myself in the past as well. I really love mafia, I gotta say, it’s a real mental and social exercise.

Is there anything which antagonized this question?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2011, 03:27:25 pm »

This is really miserable activity! Jack A T I want you to get out here and say something!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2011, 03:39:24 pm »

This is really miserable activity! Jack A T I want you to get out here and say something!
It's the weekend. It's pretty lax.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2011, 03:50:36 pm »

Unvote JackI'm not probs gonna post tomorrow, but I gotta say, Josh' suspicion list consists of people suspicious of him.
Especially trying to apply the too townie-fallacy on Toaster.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2011, 03:53:16 pm »

Vote Josh, he just seems to suspicious to me. He's voting for other people who are suspicious of him and the discussion with Jack AT you had when you voted for him.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2011, 03:57:56 pm »

Goddamnit, that's hammer. Isn't it?

You all made a huge mistake. But oh well, maybe I shouldn't have tried to be creative in my approach.

One of the four that voted for me is definitely mafia. I'm sure of it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »

My guess is either Ottofar, or BD, since they led to the hammer.

Man, I can't believe I was first to get lynched. I really am pretty rusty.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89