Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139127 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 1 Day 1
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 03:57:38 pm »

*sigh*

Okay, if you don't know the connections:
NativeForeigner and I are roommates.
Pandarsenic and I have been friends for about...four years now, long before I ever joined B12.
SirBayer, who's not in this game but is sometimes about, has also been our friend for about the same amount of time.

So, to answer your question: no, I don't know what role he would pick. That's because he knows me about as well as I know him, and he knows how to pick that awful dick of a role that just happens to be the one I'm not expecting. How is that possible, you ask? Because every time I identify a role that I think he's likely to have, he picks a different one. I don't think it's that complicated.

D'accord.

Bdthemag: With the strict time limits, how do you plan on dealing with this game?  Also, how much do you think the game will be influenced by the roles?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 04:15:43 pm »

Pandar, do you have any suspects right now?  Why?

Org:  Who do you think is most likely to pick a town-friendly role to help their town game?  Scum-friendly to help their scum game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 05:16:11 pm »

D'accord.

Bdthemag: With the strict time limits, how do you plan on dealing with this game?  Also, how much do you think the game will be influenced by the roles?
To tell you the truth I really don't have a plan, im just going to see what happens. I think that the game will be very influenced by the roles, since none of us know anyone elses roles.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 07:22:48 pm »

BD:  How is that different from any other game where we don't know each other's roles?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »

BD:  How is that different from any other game where we don't know each other's roles?
Sorry guess I worded that wrong, what I mean is theres a large amount of roles to choose from. So therefore its going to be harder to know what role someone is due to the large list people could choose from, and also that a role can have additional features added on to the origional role.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 07:26:59 pm »

That's still no different from most games here where it's up to the mod to make the roles.  What's the big deal?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 07:42:54 pm »

Why is that any harder to deal with than a BYOR?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 07:50:12 pm »

I admit I was bullshitting my way through that because I didn't really know what to say. You guys know this is my first Mafia game right?
Welcome to Reality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 08:48:10 pm »

That's fine if it's your first game, but if you're bullshitting, you'll get called on it.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (once) and let's start over.  Go read over some old games to see how things are done.  At some point (not first) read the first King of the Mafia, then come back.

Pandar:  You didn't answer my question.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 09:31:59 pm »

Oh, sorry, missed that.

I'm not entirely sure how to go about identifying scum in this game. We're always a step away from Lylo. I was pretty clueless last KotM too though. If it operates by the same rules, though, massclaims might sometimes help.

I'm not presently certain enough of anyone to say "X is scum," to conclude that meandering snaketrain of thought.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 08:47:37 am »

Let's do this.

Pandarsenic:  You feel passive to me.  What are you currently doing to find scum?  Impress me.

Org:  In addition to my previous question, what do you think is the scum tell that will show the most?

Jack A T:  Are you that worried that someone at L-2 is going to get quickhammered?  Do you think if that did happen on a townie, useful information would come out of it?

NativeForeigner:  Why are you looking for associative tells?  There's no scum team here.  Also, I'm interested in hearing your next line of questioning since your last one ended.

Jokerman-EXE:  Do you think RVS will be as relevant in this game?  You're participating more in it than usual, despite saying otherwise.

Bdthemag:  Assuming you've done what I asked on the previous post, do you have any suspicions of other people yet?  Demonstrate how you plan to confirm or clear those suspicions.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 09:02:53 am »

Actually, an interesting question I thought of that ought to be posed...

Each Player: What role are you least likely to pick and why?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 09:37:14 am »

Least likely?  Anything sacrificial, generally. (non-Vengeful style bodyguard effects, etc)

I'm not impressed, by the way.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 11:02:58 am »

Jack A T:  Are you that worried that someone at L-2 is going to get quickhammered?  Do you think if that did happen on a townie, useful information would come out of it?
Quickhammer worries: People seem to be more serious than I expected, so I'm not too worried anymore.  I'll continue being cautious about it at the start of each day, though.
Townie lynch: Unlikely to give useful information on D1.  Day 2 and on, however, it could be useful, albeit risky.  Very risky.

Each Player: What role are you least likely to pick and why?
Basic townie or mafioso.  I like powers, you see.

Pandar: Why bother asking something like this?  Are you expecting useful answers?  Or are you expecting answers like mine?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 01:37:00 pm »

Bdthemag:  Assuming you've done what I asked on the previous post, do you have any suspicions of other people yet?  Demonstrate how you plan to confirm or clear those suspicions.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 89