Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: DnD Fading North Player thread  (Read 11122 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DnD Fading North Player thread
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 11:31:34 pm »

Saturday-
Ragnarok 97071      Bard
Rty275                  Warblade
Adwarf                  Druid

Fun !!!!!!!!!!

Do we at least get an NPC ally or two ?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 11:35:02 pm »

So Geck, do you like, need a close range weapon? Because you can use my dagger if you want, I am doing nothing with it.

Also the first outfit is free, so that sould be another gold you have.

Also it don't weigh anything.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 11:38:19 pm »

@adwarf:
As a 1st level druid with your wisdom score, you get three 0th level spells and two 1st level spells each day. Each ingame day, you decide what spells you'll be able to cast that when you wake up in the morning.

The list of spells, along with links as to what they do is here.

If you're not sure what to pick, I'd recomend going with 3 castings of Cure Minor Wounds (heals 1 hit point and stablizes dying people) and 2 castings of Cure Light Wounds (cures 1d8+1 hit points) or 1 casting of Cure Light Wounds and 1 casting of Entangle (summons vines to entangle people, causing -2 to hit, -4 to Dex and halves the movement speed of everyone hit)

Since you're a druid, you have the special ability to cast Summon Nature's Ally I instead of one of the 1st level spells that you prepared. This spell summons an animal for 1 round/level. Since you're level 1, that's kinda a bum deal right now, but it gets to be much more awsome as you level up.

@Criptfeind:
My 4hp self has no intention of getting into melee combat if it can be at all avoided.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 11:40:36 pm »

Alrighty, that is sorta too bad, I got a ability that work super awsome with a rouge buddy, but I understand that you want to be staying back.

Awww fuck. I am the only front liner, aren’t I?

Dis is going be 'fun.'

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot dread necros were front liners for this first couple levels.

Edit2: About healing, if everyone is willing to burn a feat we can get a bottomless well of healing from the necro. I am sorta feat starved with all my feats called until level 21, but I think I can maaaybe fit it in.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:45:39 pm by Criptfeind »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 11:49:11 pm »

Is there a feat like that? If so, we could each take a flaw to grab it. It could be our unifying party them, instead of having us be a ragtag bunch of misfits. Right now, we have a wandering swordmaster with a mysterious past, a ranger from the cold and icy north, a poisoner, a necromancer and Don Quixote all in the same party.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 11:54:34 pm »

Yeah. It basically infects you with negative energy so that negative heals and positive hurts.

Makes it... harder for clerics to help... but still.

Dread necros can do infinite negative energy over time so...

Aw crap, all the weapon juggling looks like it fucked up my inventory. I need to redo it.

Yup, I got nine less gold then I thought.

Theoretically, I can dump everything but my armor and main weapon and come up with 45 gold.

The two issues with that are, the mule, which is not much of a issue because without the other stuff I don’t even need it, and I really really want to keep my holy symbol, but that is not much of a issue ether because that is only one gold.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:06:54 am by Criptfeind »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 12:19:00 am »

For the Saturday group:

Adwarf. Don't worry about melee. I have it handled.  As a 1st level druid, your job is mostly to heal, buff, and cast spells. If you are within 10 ft of an enemy and its not either healing something, or some batshit-crazy stuff, you are doing it wrong. If you want to change to a more combat focused build, it is really easy for druids around level 5. after that, becoming a melee fighter is simple.

Ragnarok. You should probably drop the rapier. It's an unnecessary expense as I can one-shot anything that is CR 1. I recommend you be a buffer, probably with some healing spells on the side. Later on, you will be invaluable to us as a healer, because I think adwarf wants to be melee, and as a buffer.

As for me, I will be the tank/frontliner. My job is to keep anything and everything away from you two, by any means necessary. Try to keep my health topped off, but I have enough that it's not the most important thing in the world.

Sound good guys?

axu

• Bay Watcher
  • DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 04:24:35 am »

Saturday group. Don't worry about melee. I'll join you with my mighty 1st level Half-Orc Barbarian! ;D

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 06:02:36 am »

Saturday group. Don't worry about melee. I'll join you with my mighty 1st level Half-Orc Barbarian! ;D

Thanks I will psot my spells in a bit.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 06:05:47 am »

3 castings of Cure Minor Wounds
1 Cure light wounds
1 Charm Animal

Those are my spells.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 07:21:06 am »

Right, Hamachi, Maptools installed and ready. Are we going to use skype to talk to each other, or are we going to use the text chat included?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26:40 am »

Text Chat included I believe.

Edit: What do you roll for a scythe

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 07:53:50 am »

Server is up gentlemen.

Server name is fading north.

boot uo maptools and hit connect server. Mine will be on the list.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 07:57:50 am »

Connection times out.
How do I fix this?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 07:59:32 am »

Also happens here
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15