Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Minor Tweaks  (Read 5680 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Tweaks
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 09:03:54 pm »

47.) Legends mode would be significantly more usable if every time the name of a civilization was mentioned in legends mode, the name of that civilization's originating creature type (ie. dwarves, elves, humans, kobolds or goblins etc.) appeared in a parenthetical note after the civilization's names. It would be a simple change and make it a lot easier to tell who was fighting who, whithout having to navigate through two layers of menus and hope that neither of the civilizations is actually a goblin civilization in which goblins have become a minority.

48.) Speaking of legends mode, it would also be nice if there was also a simple listing what civilizations were at war at game start.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 09:04:23 pm »

49.) When using the remove zone tool ('i'->'x'->ENTER->(select area)->ENTER) it would be nice if we could see what was under the zones in the selected area. I know that (at least for me) that's generally relevant information.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 01:31:56 pm »

50.) In the screen displaying necessary reagents for a reaction  at a workshop which cannot currently be performed ('q'->'a'->{select red colored reaction}->ENTER) it would be nice if there was some indication of which specific reagents were missing.

51.)  It would also be nice if the aforementioned screen/readout was accessible for reactions for which the necessary reagents were all available.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 11:58:56 am »

This next one would greatly, GREATLY assist with and simplify adventure mode, and would theoretically require nothing more than a basic sorting algorithm to implement...

52.) Held/worn items in adventure mode should always appear at the top of the inventory/remove item/wear item/Interact with item interface listings.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 12:05:53 pm »

53.) It would be nice to have the option for a BOX/DO_MEGA announcement whenever, you (but only you) lose posession of an item in adventurer mode (only). Its distrubingly easy not to notice that kind of thing (and yet, at the same time, i don't want to get spammed with this when playing dwarf mode)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 04:24:57 pm »

54.) It would also be nice if there was some better indication of which creature you are targeting in an adventure mode battle. Given the fact that creatures 'a', 'b', and 'c' (et cetera) are usually the same kind of creature the creature type listings that serve as the only indication at present aren't really very useful. Optimally it would be replaced by something similar to the interface to select a building to link up to a lever, or by the appropriate letters flashing above each potential target (or something else of that nature).
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2011, 12:58:56 pm »

55.) It would be nice if there was a second blue exclamation point for indicating random combat opportunities located immediately next the the letter for the relevant attack, in addition to the exclamation point at the end of the line. (This would make it quicker and easier to see which attack the opportunity was for)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »

56.) Please Make the wear an item ('w') menu in adventurer mode properly recognize eligible items that are in bags or other containers.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 05:12:50 am »

It is not double post or triple post. It is more and more irritating.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

habskovy27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 01:07:16 am »

I don't know if you considered this for your list, but it would be a good thing to be able to build directly on previously built floors. I mean, when I make a barrack outside of my fortress (but inside of my outdoor walls), I have to design the building of the floor, then cancel several tiles in order toplace the furniture... it's annoying, I think we should be able to put a bed on the floor, like the f*****g rocks that are all over the room!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2011, 01:43:31 am »

It is possible.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 11:48:10 am »

I don't know if you considered this for your list, but it would be a good thing to be able to build directly on previously built floors. I mean, when I make a barrack outside of my fortress (but inside of my outdoor walls), I have to design the building of the floor, then cancel several tiles in order toplace the furniture... it's annoying, I think we should be able to put a bed on the floor, like the f*****g rocks that are all over the room!
This but for walls. Natural walls have a wall and floor, why can't a built wall?

While on walls, and other b->C constructions, unify the building area selection with the designation code(not add to the designations, just make it work the same way). 10x10 is much better than 1x1 of the old system, but it's still a horrible way to build and confuses new users at the same time.

Finally, something thats been ticking me off lately. Adventure mode rivers and ponds/pits without ramps. There needs to be a better way to get out of them other than the sneak and travel method. Some simple ways would allow climbing out with alt+direction or build a ramp. A less simple way would be to add ramps to rivers/ponds/pits going through soil areas, which would also be realistic, rather than somehow soft walls magically staying unclimbable sheer cliffs after many years of errosion.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »

Here's a couple of simple UI requests.

I'd be very happy if, when requesting items from merchants, the requests either defaulted to what was requested the previous year, or there was a key to use previous requests/ clear them. Scrolling through screens and screens of monarch butterfly brain giant olm tripe yak kidney is starting to get onerous.

I'd also be happy if, when outfitting your military, items that are unavailable because someone else is using them are either not listed, or marked somehow.

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 05:38:59 pm »

Here's a couple of simple UI requests.

I'd be very happy if, when requesting items from merchants, the requests either defaulted to what was requested the previous year, or there was a key to use previous requests/ clear them. Scrolling through screens and screens of monarch butterfly brain giant olm tripe yak kidney is starting to get onerous.

I'd be happy if requesting items from merchants was just less specific. I should be able to request "meat" or "leather", and have the merchants bring me whatever kind of meat and leather their home civ produces.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 09:15:05 pm »

That would help too, though it's a little more complicated (to implement, I'd think). It is also handy to request specific materials so you can shut up demanding nobles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4