Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Would you do moment?  (Read 1407 times)

jjgamor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What Would you do moment?
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »

Okay so let me tell you some senarios and you guys have to tell me how you would solve it or what would you do in this situation.

When im finished you guys choose a senario to keep it going

Lemme start:

Your stranded in a island you have 6 military dwarves and one miner/wood worker the island is filled with evil creatures a huge orc has come running twords your squad of 3 marksdwarves,2 hammer dwarves and 1 highly skilled swords dwarf the miner/wood worker is very important if he dies you guys will have a hard time getting over this how would you solve this?

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Would you do moment?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:54:42 pm »

I would make a thread on the forums asking how to solve the problem, except I would explain it in a readable format with punctuation.

jjgamor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

Um okay...

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:00:12 pm »

If this miner is so important, he must be pretty skilled, probably legendary. Since mining skill is used in combat, I'd send the miner out to kill the orc. The others can sit around a have a drink while they watch.

The other option would probably involve application of magma. This is a volcanic island isn't it? Why else would dwarves be here?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

jjgamor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 02:02:07 pm »

I guess so sheesh I wanted to see a orc pincushion with a sword in it to cut the dwarven cheese =.=

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »

This is a volcanic island isn't it?

Everything's volcanic if you dig deep enough.
If sad, apply kittens.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 02:09:15 pm »

Cheese, what cheese? Are you expecting a migrant master cheesemaker to join us next season? If you really want cheese, all you'll get are useless high master weaponsmiths and legendary hammerdwarves. And maybe a telephone sanitizer or two.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

jjgamor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 02:11:10 pm »

Well I like to give myself personal goals like making my biggest amount of money from cheese Armok thats some good cheese...

Okay anybody else have a senario?

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 02:28:42 pm »

ou are making a pump stack to pull magma from the very center of the world to build an obsidian statue of your dong for all the dwarves to worship at. Suddenly Urist McBipolar throws a tantrum and destroys a pump that opens a hole in the stack and causes magma to begin oozing straight for your meeting halls. He also destroyed the flood gates on his way over.
What do you do man? What. Do. You. Do?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

jjgamor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

I kill uristmctantrum and I flood the place to be later unflooded with another pump and If I cant I quickly designate another meeting room and lock the place with my trusty backup floodgate(If I dont im fucked!)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 02:40:05 pm »

Hastily draft your miner and give him his pick as the weapon. Best weapons in the game, those picks. A little time in the danger room doesn't hurt either. Just make sure he is not uniformed when he is inactive, or take him back out of the military all together (hunters, woodcutters, and miners have their own uniforms and they will mess eachother up).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:09:11 pm by Lagslayer »

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 03:27:26 pm »

I'd give up, and that's what you should do too.
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 03:29:01 pm »

I send all my Telephone Sanitizers off to an uncharted area, to bad most of my dwarves died from a disease contracted from telephones. (Epic reference for the win!)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »

I send all my Telephone Sanitizers off to an uncharted area, to bad most of my dwarves died from a disease contracted from telephones. (Epic reference for the win!)
Good reference, but completely out of place.  However, given that this thread if made of Fail and more FAIL, I'll give you +1 Internets anyway.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 03:50:10 pm »

Seal off the floor, pump water in. Rebuild and restock.

How would you conduct a fortress where you may only use turkey based products?
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: [1] 2