Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trade Screen: RSI and you.  (Read 1695 times)

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Screen: RSI and you.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 03:39:36 pm »

So to set one up for beds or cabinets that means you'll need to use the same exact floor plan in a new fort for the macro to still work, yes? I'm guessing that you choose a fixed point for the cursor to sit before you load the macro? I can do stuff for labors with it, and I think it would be equally simple to use for armor like you're saying, but I've never had a successful one made to dig stairs. They always just sort of make the cursor jump around a bunch and designate a few odd spots on multiple z-levels.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »

ctrl-r
>
enter
enter
>
enter
enter
ctrl-r

If you do this exactly, it will make a macro that goes down a level, places a 1x1 designation, and then down one more and repeats.  So, you open the designate menu, then you hit i to designate stairs, and run that macro.  It'll do two levels.  Just be sure to tap ctrl-p, if you hold it down or press it again while it's running, it'll try to run two macros at the same time, and this leads to Fun.

Also, beware of playing a macro while recording a macro.  I don't know what this would do, and that in itself should worry you...

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 06:41:39 am »

Relevant thread here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20287.0

Basically, you mark goods for trade like you mark them for melting or dumping. That way you only mark the ones you want to trade away *once* until they're gone, not twice for every caravan that arrives.

In the eternal suggestion list as "Persistent Trade Good Tags"
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 06:58:49 pm »

If you do this exactly, it will make a macro that goes down a level, places a 1x1 designation, and then down one more and repeats.  So, you open the designate menu, then you hit i to designate stairs, and run that macro.  It'll do two levels.  Just be sure to tap ctrl-p, if you hold it down or press it again while it's running, it'll try to run two macros at the same time, and this leads to Fun.
Just fixed.
Also, beware of playing a macro while recording a macro.  I don't know what this would do, and that in itself should worry you...
The recording code filters out any recording commands. Load/save/play/record still work while recording a macro, but they won't become part of the macro. Though if you press "play".. um. Hmm. Yep, looks like it'll play back the macro you've recorded thus far, thus doubling it.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »

So that's how macros work ? Goodie.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 12:19:52 am »

Yeah, trading has since gotten a little easier. The only thing that still bugs me is that you can't select a bin in a "fixed" way so that you won't accidentally un-select it by selecting one of its contents. Bins should have priority.

b_boy_212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
uhhhh
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 04:03:48 pm »

bins?
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Pages: 1 [2]