Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Darkfall on sale for $9.99  (Read 1021 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Darkfall on sale for $9.99
« on: March 18, 2011, 07:22:20 am »

Darkfall is a brutal open world MMO that has everything you could ever hope for as fans of Dwarf Fortress. Crafting, PVE, PVP, massive Kraken in the sea that you can fight from a ship you built, dragons, etc.  It just has so much in it and is free of the problems of last years launch. I have to say, stop wasting time on Dawntide and just spend $10 bucks here and accomplish something instead of fighting those terrible bugs and poor design choices.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Darkfall on sale for $9.99
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 07:31:35 am »

Considering how they're (by they I mean that dev douche) asshats in forums and in announcements; They would have to pay me to play it.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 08:10:32 am »

Hey, another announcement of Darkfail where it bashes another mmo as if that does anything other then make them look like assholes.

I gave up Darkfail when a community manager called me "cancer on gaming" and said that my mother should have shat me out over a cliff edge because my love for RTS games was apparently the reason there's so many farmville/evony mmos.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:09:04 am »

After a quick skim through some of the announcements and conversations on the forums, I couldn't find any examples of the devs or mods acting immature. So, uh, link pl0x?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:24:05 am »

It's not like I'd be able to find it right now, but Thasos has been a total jerk + trollface waaay more than once.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:38:36 am »

Besides that, it doesnt have the features that the other games you mention have such as player built/sandbox world. I think that feature is what most DF folks like about those other troublesome games. Darkfall is mostly standard MMO fare with a deeper economy, though  not as deep as Eve Online.
I got nothing

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 11:51:15 am »

Darkfall does have sandbox features. But it's limited to locations and clans. Clans can build up cities, which other clans can fight to take over.