Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 38598 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 1, 9/9]
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2011, 05:29:11 pm »

Pandar:  You have me both voting Zrk2 (correct) and nobody (incorrect).
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2011, 05:56:43 pm »

To the point that by not asking questions to provoke the discussion that you claim is the point of the RVS you are not living up to your own goals for the RVS.

Basically:
1. You say the RVS is for getting a discussion going based on questions asked.
2. You ask questions designed to establish his meta.

Looking into his meta is not a discussion provocateur, unless you brought it into the discussion, which you haven't. Had you asked some other questions then there would have been no problem.

As to why you, I haven't seen any other glaring scumslips from anyone else.

I will have a half day at school tomorrow and so will have plenty of time to reread the thread indepth and then compose a better list.
This reasoning is painful to look at.  What the hell is this supposed to mean, anyway?  Looking into meta can provoke discussion just like anything else, and I don't see why you'd think this is scummy even if it were a contradiction.

Because she never does follow up on his meta, which would have fulfilled her goals, but she doesn't.

Apparently I'm voting LNCP at the moment. Unvote, vote Vector.

People saying I'm emotional: Hell yes, my points are getting completely ignored. While some are weak I have some solid points, (Like the one above) that are still being ignored. It's fucking annoying.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »

. . .

You're voting me because I didn't say anything after receiving a particular piece of information?

You're a fucking moron.

Let me put it this way.  A woman says to a man: "How are things with your fiancée?"

He replies: "Everything's great."

She changes the subject to children.

Now let's say that that woman wants to find out about whether or not that man would be amenable to a little adultery.  But she didn't say that directly.  She talked about something else.  Does that mean she is giving up her life as an adulteress, or does it mean, perhaps, that she has different methods?

Gott im Himmel, what idiocy.

Also, warning-warning: not posting today if I can help it, just had my blood drawn and I'm pretty light-headed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2011, 08:35:21 pm »

Unvote. Zrk2.

You're being ridiculous right now, Zrk2. You're reactive, emotional, hypocritical, and piggybacking.

Wuba: I've read the post in question again and I've come to the conclusion that the wording just made it seem off when I read upon. Upon analyzing the actual content, it seems a lot less off to me.

I'm too drained for a decent post, I've been outside most of the day.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2011, 09:33:30 pm »

Please, no one hammer Zrk2 yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2011, 09:50:33 pm »

X(
My line of thought is shit...
Unvote
Why did you follow it, then?

Because she never does follow up on his meta, which would have fulfilled her goals, but she doesn't.
"Nonsensical accusation A"
"What??"
"Ah, it makes sense because random, completely unrelated accusation B".

Retroactively changing your argument is not a valid way to answer...

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2011, 10:02:21 pm »

Crap, did I put him at L-1?

Unvote, I hadn't realized I did that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2011, 11:35:04 pm »

Actually, I think you hammered him.  Vote count had him at three, SaintDraze makes four, then you for five. 

Are we allowed to talk post-hammer this game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2011, 12:00:28 am »

OOOOOOOPS.

Native hammered.

Ending day in a moment, doing job app stuff. Please don't post.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:21 am »

Well damn, I wasn't ready to hammer yet. That's what I get for posting when I'm half-asleep. :/

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 1, 8/9]
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2011, 01:09:30 am »

"That was fast," Alex/Hans commented. As soon as NativeForeigner finished voting for Zrk2, they promptly declared the day concluded. One of the two (it was still uncertain which was which) caught Pan before he'd even returned to his room (wherever it was) and brought him back.

"So it's this one, huh?" Pan asked. Zrk2 looked back and forth wildly.

"This is a mistake. You don't want to do this, I would never betray you, betray our and our organization, I wouldn't!" Zrk2 protested in vain. Pan pulled a handgun from his shoulder holster. "Fuck you!" Zrk2 yelled. He reached into his coat. Everyone else began to do the same, but Zrk2 threw a smoke bomb at his feet before anyone could take aim.

"Everyone down!" Pan yelled as he began firing blindly into the smoke, covering his mouth and nose with his left sleeve. He heard a metal-on-stone clack noise and instinctively fired at it, detonating a case of tear gas with the shot. Zrk2 emerged from the smoke in a gas mask - had he had that the whole time? - and decked Pan in the face, dropping him to the floor. He grabbed for Pan's handgun, but thought better as Pan pulled another pistol from a hip holster and took aim in his general direction. He dove into a roll away from the triggerhappy moderator and dropped another can of tear gas to cover his escape, only to be shot in the back by webadict as he gave away his position by the sound. It seemed webadict, being insanely prepared, was now also wearing a gasmask. He approached Zrk2 and pulled a knife from his belt. Zrk2 reached for a syringe and tried to stab him; webadict deflected the syringe, breaking the needle with the knife, then caught the hand that was holding it and sliced Zrk2's wrist open.

"Shit! I'm not gonna die like th-" Zrk2's hollow refusal was cut short by webadict slicing open his femoral arteries.

"Yes, you are," webadict replied in an official, matter-of-fact manner as he took off Zrk2's gas mask.

By this point, the rest of Pan's security had arrived and locked down the area. One of them executed Zrk2 quite abruptly with a three-round burst to the torso with an assault rifle.

"Ahoy, boss. He has some sort of earpiece and something that it seems he's been using to send messages," one of the troops informed Pan, who was still half-blind from the effects of Zrk2's lachrymator. He grabbed the device and the earpiece, inspected them, and put in the earpiece. A few quick strokes of the message device later, he gave an evil smile and handed it back.

"Send it in to the lab with the rest of his shit. Not like we don't know who it is from his weapons of choice," Pan managed to cough out, followed by a fit of hacking furiously. "I'll explain tomorrow once we have the official reports. Get the rest of them to their rooms," he declared, leaving promptly.

"We'll have the full info on him tomorrow," Alex/Hans informed them. "Until then, just know that he's definitely one of the Mafia. It looks like he had some sedatives on him, too; he was probably going to knock people out completely at night. It looks like they might have some nefarious plans in mind, if they were gonna need to do that. For now, you'll be resting. Tomorrow's a big day. But be proud - you took out the first of our two problems."

They were led to their rooms, but only a few would be staying there. Most of the rest slid their tables in front of their doors and stayed awake as long as they could before sleep claimed them.

Zrk-2, the Mafia Roleblocker, has been lynched. It is now Night 2.

Night ends Saturday at Midnight Pacific (25 hours from now). Please have all your actions in by then.

P.S.: Names in flavor will be chosen based on position in votecount, generally.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 2, 7/9]
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »

"What the fuck is this!?" Pan demanded as he and his guards arrived at a bloody scene outside. The congregated assassins followed after deconstructing the protections in their rooms. Outside the castle grounds, you saw what Pan was so furious about: Native Foreigner had been shot several times and was lying in a pool of blood and some plant life. Nearby, a dimly-backlit and near-dead laptop flashed its power use warnings. You inspect Native's body as closely as Pan's cronies will let you. One round hit his shoulder, another appears to have blown several of his fingers off, and the final shot (presumably the last to happen to him) was right in his face.

"All of you, get back to your rooms. All of you, get this corpse in a meat locker and sent to someone to ID it," he demanded of the assassins and guards in turn.

Hours later, he summons you all to the main hall. Not that any of you slept a wink after seeing what had happened to him.

"First up," Pan declared. "We figured out our Mafioso. He was a chemist, though I use the term loosely, by the name of Takeshi Watanabe. He's the son of one of the bastards who got United States asylum for the research data from the World War 2 Japanese 'research' group, again using the term lightly, Unit 731. He followed in the footsteps of his father in that he was better at finding ways to kill people than actual science. He goes by the name Zrk-2, a highly toxic chemical he created that causes blood vessel damage over time, eventually leading to heart attacks apparently.

"Next," he continued, his steady voice and alert eyes not betraying the early stages of sleep deprivation he was feeling, "We lost the Native Foreigner last night." The Native Foreigner was a former CIA agent renowned for his network of contacts and his policies about the people on whom he would take contracts. "He was off the castle grounds because he was sending some intelligence agency contacts information about people here to check for Mafia ties. Unfortunately, with him known to be dead we can't exploit those contacts for our benefit. At least if you figure out the other Mafia member today I won't have to worry about figuring out how to stop him from knocking out another innoc- well, another non-traitor member of us tonight. Not that I won't be thinking about it all day. Anyway, get to things." He arranged the pieces on the board and promptly ceased paying any real attention to them save for where their votes went.

Jokerman-EXE - 0 -
Leafsnail - 0 -
lordnincompoop - 0 -
SaintDraze - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
webadict - 0 -

Not Voting: Jokerman-EXE Leafsnail lordnincompoop SaintDraze Toaster Vector webadict

Day 2 ending Thursday, 9 PM Pacific. 7 Players alive. Hammer at 4, extend at 2, shorten at 4.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2011, 11:39:17 pm »

Good morning, Jokerman-EXE.

Why Native Foreigner?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2011, 06:58:03 am »

Question: Was NativeForeigner the Cop?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2011, 07:06:21 am »

Question: Was NativeForeigner the Cop?
Question answered: yes he was.

Unfortunately, I have a migraine right now, so if you all wouldn't mind waiting until tonight, since my roommate has borrowed my car and unfortunately taken the headache medicine with her, which leaves me with a slightly bearable headache. So yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19