Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 38552 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 1, 9/9]
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2011, 03:07:36 pm »

Is that scummy to you, Vector? Do you think that LNCP doing that is a tell, or are you just giving friendly advice?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2011, 03:11:14 pm »

Is that scummy to you, Vector? Do you think that LNCP doing that is a tell, or are you just giving friendly advice?

It's a tell, but I'm not sure if it's a noobish mistake or an Issue.  As such, I'm providing unfriendly advice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2011, 03:21:28 pm »

Don't hop onto my arguments.  If you're going to declare someone scummy, I want to see some of your own attacks and questions.

Otherwise, you just look like you're distancing yourself from him.

See my earlier posts.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2011, 03:23:21 pm »

See my earlier posts.

... Yeah, I've got to start paying more attention to who's posting what.  It still looks odd, but in this instance it was probably my mistake.  Apologies.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2011, 04:11:06 pm »

Unvote.

Zrk2:  Do you think RVS will last longer, shorter, or the same as role-heavier games?

I have a feeling that it will be longer because there is little that can happen in a weird way to solidify peoples choices for scum.

Vector, how would you go about playing this game as scum? How do you plan on finding scum? What effect do you think NKs will hav e on voting in the next day?

Fair enough.  However, how do you think NK selection will generate any information that is not inherently WIFOM?

Nks rearely ever generate anything that isn't WIFOM, unless the scum make a really bad choice and hit the person who has been only grilling them... But even then, it's still only WIFOM, so I have a feeling it will only cause WIFOM.

Well Vector My first question was just to question your opinion of the role...

The second was because I had to ask something :P

So you aren't actually interested in scumhunting?

Passivity, indecisiveness, lurking, apathy. Yeah, scum.

Because Apparently I am useless...

Also useless.

you mind answering it anyway?

Passive.

Impressive piggyback, Lordnincompoop.

Jokerman, what is you opinion on Saint? Who do you think will have the biggest effect on gameplay?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2011, 04:39:37 pm »

[@Native] Your big overreaction.

I don't see one.

Toaster, why don't you outline your scumpicks for us? You've been asking a few questions and placing short comments, but not much else. I'd call that activelurking.

Zrk2, you've done little to no scumhunting today. I count three posts total with little to no analysis, reasoning or comments.

Spoiler: Your Contributions (click to show/hide)

You've asked three questions: Two on Vector and one on Jokerman, and followed up on none of them. There is no hunting here to speak of. No scumpicks (or anything, even) are provided, and out of the blue you vote me. What is going on here? Why haven't you hunted?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »

[@Native] Your big overreaction.

I don't see one.

NativeForeigner.  If you were the opposite alignment to the one you are, how would you react to this question?

With malice.

If you were asked a question that was the opposite of productive, how would you react to it?

Wuba: Is Leafsnail really scum and you're his partner playing some sick joke you hope you can rub in our faces later?

This bizarre thing, which occurred directly after receiving Leafsnail's vote.  It looks like a jump.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2011, 05:39:50 pm »

What?

No I won't be sitting down for a Lynch or Lose situation, You are never supposed to do that!
I meant that by the time we reach such a situation like that the best course of action is to go through the game and pick through the game until you have compelling evidence of who scum is.

What I mean when I said those people were in the orange was that people seemed to be after them at the current time.

we have more then 2-OH SHIT THIS ISN'T the RP GAME I AM PLAYING! ACK!

umm...
Well there is an outstanding lack of action if its ending today.
well I am going to unvote
and Extend request since I don't really know where my suspicions really lie...

Vector:If you could inspect and protect who would it be?

Ever gonna get around to properly answering my question SaintDraze?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2011, 06:29:22 pm »

You've asked three questions: Two on Vector and one on Jokerman, and followed up on none of them. There is no hunting here to speak of. No scumpicks (or anything, even) are provided, and out of the blue you vote me. What is going on here? Why haven't you hunted?

I have been observing and developing an idea of how everyone is playing this game, so I can have background information upon which to preface my scumpicks upon.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »

Pan arranged the pieces. White Queen for Vector, with a Black Queen for her vote. Black King for Webadict, with the White King for his vote. White Bishop for Saint Draze. Black Bishop for Leafsnail. White Knight for Native Foreigner. Black Knight for Toaster. White Rook for Jokerman-EXE. Black Rook for Lord Nincompoop. Realizing at the end that Zrk2 still needed a piece, he assigned him a White Pawn with a chuckle. "The day grows short," he advised them. If you want more time to decide, let me know and I'll have one of my boys maintain the board while I take care of some other things."

Vector - 2 - webadict Leafsnail
Toaster - 0 -
Zrk2 - 1 - Toaster
Jokerman-EXE - 0 -
SaintDraze - 2 - lordnincompoop Vector
Leafsnail - 0 -
webadict - 1 - NativeForeigner
NativeForeigner - 0 -
lordnincompoop - 1 - Zrk2

Not Voting: Jokerman-EXE, SaintDraze, Toaster

Day 1 ends Tuesday, 9 PM Pacific. 9 Players alive: 3 votes to extend the day , 5 to Hammer a player or to vote to shorten the day.

Extend Requests: Saint Draze

P.S. No, the chess piece assignments aren't related to roles or alignments. They are, however, related to your flavor. They'll make more sense when you can see everyone's backgrounds.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to update the notvoting list. Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:04:19 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2011, 07:26:21 pm »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2011, 07:27:17 pm »

Extend.

Possibly.  I think that it should be a red light that indicates "question more here," but it isn't failsafe. I usually pay more attention to things like over-detailing of one particular thought, because that's usually a gambit to provide distraction from some other, weaker part of the post.
Mhmm.  So, look back at your post before that.  Did all those things really go through your head at the time of those actions?  During what you say is still basically RVS?  Because, really, I don't see how you even had that much stuff to explain by that point.

Leafsnail: It's a good thing it wasn't meant to be paradoxical. Your answer is noted.
Saying "noted" is a good way to pretend your question was useful for something.  Want to say exactly what this note means?

Leafsnail:  How do you plan to get a better read of the people here you've played fewer games with?
Pressing them harder.  There are some things most people display more of as scum.

LordNincompoop is being anal retentive about everything.  It's been bothering me more and more.  I don't see the use of branding posts that are clearly jokes as "useless", for instance.  Everyone can already see that.

Really, you're trying too hard to look like you're doing stuff, and you seem to be hounding people for every possible mistake.  That doesn't seem like the action of someone trying to find scum so much as the action of someone trying to find lynches.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2011, 08:25:46 pm »

Extension.

Mhmm.  So, look back at your post before that.  Did all those things really go through your head at the time of those actions?  During what you say is still basically RVS?  Because, really, I don't see how you even had that much stuff to explain by that point.

Yes.  Of course, they were condensed into a number of pictures and fragmented memories, but I was thinking about those points, in general, as I posted.

I really, really don't want a repeat of what happened last time I played here.  I want to be useful.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2011, 08:40:22 pm »

I do want an extension.

Vector, I don't really believe your suspicions. At all.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2011, 08:47:41 pm »

Vector, I don't really believe your suspicions. At all.

Noted.  Once I'm certain, I'll be sure to work harder to convince you.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19