Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 38556 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 1, 9/9]
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 10:09:45 am »

webadict: Will our play be affected much without a doctor and cop? How are you planning on approaching D1?
Yes? Doesn't every electrical signal cause some sort of effect on the world? Not only that, but there is a Doctor and a Cop. I should know. I'm BOTH.

Anyhow, philosophy and psychological embodiments of myself aside, I'd like to take this time to render your question entirely futile by showing that there is indeed a Cop and a Doctor.

I'll also destroy your second question by saying that I have no intention of truthfully answering it. Why would I tell you how I'm going to do things? Wouldn't that just tip off the scum? Wherein will I lay a trap? You silly, silly person. Now, ask a relevant question so that we don't waste anymore time with your senseless garbage. Like, "Why are you asking garbage questions?"

So, why are you asking garbage questions, lordnincompoop?

Oh, and Leafsnail is scum.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 10:54:31 am »

My mistake then, Pandar. I'll try to read more carefully next time.

webadict: Will our play be affected much without a doctor and cop? How are you planning on approaching D1?
Yes? Doesn't every electrical signal cause some sort of effect on the world? Not only that, but there is a Doctor and a Cop. I should know. I'm BOTH.

There is no room for silliness here. Stop it.

Anyhow, philosophy and psychological embodiments of myself aside, I'd like to take this time to render your question entirely futile by showing that there is indeed a Cop and a Doctor.

Okay.

I'll also destroy your second question by saying that I have no intention of truthfully answering it. Why would I tell you how I'm going to do things? Wouldn't that just tip off the scum? Wherein will I lay a trap? You silly, silly person.

Most if not all discussion will help scum in some form or fashion, so are you planning on eliminating that too?
Why would you need to lay a trap in the first place? Why would town intentions need to be anything but honest?

Now, ask a relevant question so that we don't waste anymore time with your senseless garbage. Like, "Why are you asking garbage questions?"

My questions are neither irrelevant nor senseless. Are you going to keep trying to insult me for the rest of the game?
As for the second part, see my answer below.

So, why are you asking garbage questions, lordnincompoop?

They're perfectly fine questions, thank you.

This is how I do things. They've worked for me, and I intend to continue playing like this until someone points out a better method.

Any evidence to support this claim of yours?
And if you're so sure, why aren't you voting for him?

I refuse to believe someone like you is actually this stupid, so why are you acting like this?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 11:12:37 am »

Zrk2: Do you have anything special in mind for D1? What do you think would be the best way to play today?

We have some player who are much better than me so I will be watching their interactions while trying to push someone and see what turns up.

So, Vector, I haven't played a game with you before, but I've heard good things about you. Do you feel a little rusty? What do you think of playing in a less role heavy environment?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 11:16:09 am »

You know, I quite honestly expected more activity than this.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 01:50:45 pm »

Flavour's good.

Avoiding spoilspecs is a good idea as we want to keep the replacement pool open.  Just in case.

Leafsnail: Do you think pressuring a person at a time or scanning everyone will work best? Why?
Scanning everyone at the same time is ok for starting conversations, as you'll get lots of responses and you may be able to follow up on some of them.  It works if there's nothing going on (basically, at the start of a game).

On the other hand, it doesn't actually apply any pressure since the person answering knows that they haven't done anything to catch your attention.  Asking questions selectively works far better later on.

I refuse to believe someone like you is actually this stupid, so why are you acting like this?
This would be an overreaction.  Since I hadn't posted yet, it was pretty clear that webadict didn't seriously intend it.  I don't see why you'd go at him so hard over it.

NativeForeigner.  If you were the opposite alignment to the one you are, how would you react to this question?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 01:55:06 pm »

This would be an overreaction.  Since I hadn't posted yet, it was pretty clear that webadict didn't seriously intend it.  I don't see why you'd go at him so hard over it.

I have no sense of humour.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »

NativeForeigner: What can we do to enhance our game today and the rest of the game? Will this setup be problematic for you?

Play our very best, obviously. Stay active, scumhunt, ask questions, and don't be stupid. I don't see why this setup would be problematic for me. Could you clarify?

NativeForeigner.  If you were the opposite alignment to the one you are, how would you react to this question?

With malice.

If you were asked a question that was the opposite of productive, how would you react to it?

Wuba: Is Leafsnail really scum and you're his partner playing some sick joke you hope you can rub in our faces later?

Also, do you expect anything about this game to be different considering that all of the players are "experienced" in a BM setting?

PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 02:08:26 pm »

NativeForeigner: What can we do to enhance our game today and the rest of the game? Will this setup be problematic for you?

Play our very best, obviously. Stay active, scumhunt, ask questions, and don't be stupid. I don't see why this setup would be problematic for me. Could you clarify?

As in, will this setup be difficult or challenging for you in any way, shape or form?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 02:36:30 pm »

Oh LNCP, don't you understand? Leafsnail is SCUM. You're silly. So silly.

Clearly, I found your questions lacking punch or anything. Tell me how I could have answered your question incorrectly? The only thing I can think of is: "I'm scum. Well, crap." But, you are trying to get conversation moving.

So, I'll keep voting you.

Because that is how I do things. You understand, right? You must clearly not find fault in my reasoning because you expect me to not find fault in yours.

My logic is undeniable.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 02:56:01 pm »

Should have asked earlier: Does webadict normally play like this?

Oh LNCP, don't you understand? Leafsnail is SCUM. You're silly. So silly.

Uh-huh. And you along with him, I assume?

Clearly, I found your questions lacking punch or anything. Tell me how I could have answered your question incorrectly? The only thing I can think of is: "I'm scum. Well, crap."

There is no obviously wrong answer. I don't see where you're getting this from.

But, you are trying to get conversation moving.

Yes, I am.

So, I'll keep voting you.

With nothing to back it up. How is this related to the point above?

Because that is how I do things. You understand, right?

Nope.

You must clearly not find fault in my reasoning because you expect me to not find fault in yours.

Mind telling me how my questions were "garbage", then?

My logic is undeniable.

Truly, you are a master of debate.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 03:27:27 pm »

Jokerman: What do you think of Vector's questions? How accurate do you think we'll be in our lynches today?

I like them, personally. Anyone that knows me knows that I don't particularly care for the RVS, and I'm glad someone other than me is questioning it. As to how accurate our lynches would be...that rather seems likes a leading question. I have no way to tell, honestly. Do you?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »

Vector:
Good morning, Toaster.

What sorts of questions do you think work best for random votes, nowadays?  Is there a process that results in good results, or is it all based upon a series of initially chaotic interactions?

Furthermore, who do you think will be of greatest danger to the scum in this game?

Vaguely game related ones, that give you a chance to view into a player's mind.  I've always felt that the question itself is less important than how it is answered- usually even more so than the actual answer.  The reactions and reactions to reactions are what ends RVS- not the answers to the questions.

The best town scum-hunter, probably.  With a Godfather and Roleblocker, the cop has only one person he gets useful info from, and there's a chance he will miss a night.  If you want names, Web is always good.  LNCP is becoming a good hunter, so he might get underestimated since he's newer.

LNCP:
Toaster: Do you think it'll be easier or harder playing in a game like this? Why?

It'll be a game of wits, since the full set of roles is actually fairly weak (see reasoning on cop above.)  They're mostly there for casual interest, and to make room for second-guessing.  To actually answer the question, it'll be harder if your hunting skills are crappy, and about the same if they're great.  It averages out to a bit harder.

Web:  If Leafsnail is scum why are you voting LNCP?

Zrk2:  Do you think RVS will last longer, shorter, or the same as role-heavier games?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:22 pm »

Avoiding spoilspecs is a good idea as we want to keep the replacement pool open.  Just in case.
Wut. I think you underestimate just how bad I am. The town would probably be better off just having a townie removed than having me take his place.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 03:45:43 pm »

Jokerman: What do you think of Vector's questions? How accurate do you think we'll be in our lynches today?

I like them, personally. Anyone that knows me knows that I don't particularly care for the RVS, and I'm glad someone other than me is questioning it. As to how accurate our lynches would be...that rather seems likes a leading question. I have no way to tell, honestly. Do you?

Nope.  I'd expect the accuracy of a lynch to be based on the players' skill, though.

Vaguely game related ones, that give you a chance to view into a player's mind.  I've always felt that the question itself is less important than how it is answered- usually even more so than the actual answer.  The reactions and reactions to reactions are what ends RVS- not the answers to the questions.

Good to know.

Also, NativeForeigner:

With malice.

If you were asked a question that was the opposite of productive, how would you react to it?

Why the hostility?

Wut. I think you underestimate just how bad I am. The town would probably be better off just having a townie removed than having me take his place.

Too late now, I think.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »

Vector: Why are you asking that third question? The only team that can benefit from it is scum, as you'll essentially be telling them the targets, and since we don't have a doctor or a cop, we can't use that info anyways as we have no way of reacting to it. Besides that, any thoughts on game and players?

In my personal model for how this game functions, the only purpose of RVS is to get people talking and see how they think on any question.  As for why I asked that particular question, I'm looking for hints of awkwardness/naturalness around being asked to assume a scummy mindset.

So, Vector, I haven't played a game with you before, but I've heard good things about you. Do you feel a little rusty? What do you think of playing in a less role heavy environment?

Yes, I do feel pretty rusty.  Less so than I did last time I played, though, because I feel confident that I'll be able to be active and aggressive again.  Also, I'm a hell of a lot more mentally stable.

It's the sort of rustiness that comes of not having employed one's skills, not of having had one's skills degrade substantially.

I think that playing with fewer roles will give the town a strong advantage, frankly, especially because in this game I know that a godfather exists >_>  The last few times I played in a role-light game were rather unfabulous due to inexperience and lack of commitment.  As such, I have faith that this one will be different.

Wuba: Is Leafsnail really scum and you're his partner playing some sick joke you hope you can rub in our faces later?

Also, do you expect anything about this game to be different considering that all of the players are "experienced" in a BM setting?

PFP

How many games have you played here, and which were they?  How many times have you played scum?  Can you link me to the games in which you played scum?

Should have asked earlier: Does webadict normally play like this?

Most of the time.  More so this time, likely because he's excited to be playing again after a long hiatus.

The best town scum-hunter, probably.  With a Godfather and Roleblocker, the cop has only one person he gets useful info from, and there's a chance he will miss a night.  If you want names, Web is always good.  LNCP is becoming a good hunter, so he might get underestimated since he's newer.

Good.  Thank you.  Unvote.  I'll have more questions for you later.

Also, NativeForeigner.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19