Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 38510 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Full 9/9]
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »

Well, if I need to replace lordnincompoop for inactivity I'll go to you or IronyOwl first ;)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 04:05:42 pm »

Sounds good.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 12:58:04 am »

All right, it's time to start sending out roles and post the opening flavor and Day 1 stuff. However, before I do this, I want to make something very clear:

You may not quote anything I say and you may not paraphrase or even breadcrumb privately-sent Flavor in this thread, ever. Doing so would make confirming things as easy as going "Oh hey character X is a unicorn" or what have you and suddenly the game is ruined as the cop posts each player's flavor and alignment one at a time. The flavor is here to be enjoyed, not to be used as a weapon or a tool, and I will modkill suddenly and violently followed by ending the day if town does it if anyone attempts to do this. I'm very serious about this.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 01:03:04 am »

Wait, let me make absolutely sure on this:

We cannot quote anything you say, including vote counts or mentions of the end of the day?  I.e., OOC mod messages?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 01:30:48 am »

Anything Flavor-related not posted in the thread is off-limits in regards to posting in this thread.

Investigation/Protection/Roleblock Success or Failure is off-limits (though I don't imagine why the roleblocker would want to claim anyway). The Roleblocker can post in the Mafia quicktopic.

However, in no circumstances may any player so much as allude to specific Flavor stuff.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 01:42:06 am »

Ahhhh, okay.  I understand, now.  So we can quote you as much as we want WRT what you say here, but can't mention anything from our PMs.  Also, you'll be pissed if we try to break the game with the flavor.

Thanks, I think I've got it now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 01:51:07 am »

Exactly. It would be VERY easy to prove yourselves with the flavor due to the degree of details I plan to put into the PMs.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 01:57:10 am »

Upon your arrival in whichever country's borders this decrepit old castle is in today, a limousine picked you up. You were attended to in the castle, but you weren't allowed to leave. The area was rigged up with makeshift electric and water but overall the service was better than befits the place where it occurred. Once everyone had actually arrived, you were called into a grand hall where you were addressed by a tall man with catlike features as you sat reluctantly in chairs of well-crafted, surprisingly comfortable wood at a table of what was probably the same type of wood, though it seemed to be made of a single slab of it twenty feet long and four or so wide.

“I'm glad you all accepted my... invitation,” he declared, his booming voice enhanced by the acoustical properties of the hall. "You represent nine of the best assassins of the modern day, but as I said in the letter I sent out, there are two among you who have betrayed our principle of always remaining free agents. Two of you have allied with the Litia crime family. I'll be-”

The explosion rocked the whole building and sent most of the assembled assassins promptly under the table, ducking and watching for enemies. The man who had been addressing them was apparently just above the epicenter of the explosion. When it became apparent that that was the end of things, you emerged from beneath the table and began attempting to discern the identity of the man who had addressed you, who was now a great deal of scattered, scorched meat.

“No need for that,” came a voice from one of the room's many entrances. “I'm Pan, and that was the Dakarian. We're the ones who figured out about our two Mafia traitors.” You muttered amongst yourselves; the Dakarian was a legend, though nobody knew what exactly a Dakar was or why he was the Dakarian. He was widely considered the best in the business, hands-down; he was also notoriously paranoid about being eliminated, so if that really was him who was killed it must have been very important to him to come here. Pan wasn't as big of a name, but he was known to be one of the oldest names affiliated with the business. He wasn't as reclusive as the Dakarian had been – he had been seen by anyone in the last year – but for all his activity meeting him in person was a rarity. He was only 5'9" and didn't look nearly as intimidating as his reputation implied. “I was running intel for some doings of Dakarian's when we came across this. We've narrowed it down to some pair of you among these nine, so here's how things work since it's only fitting. You're going to vote amongst yourselves and figure out who among you is aligned with the Mafia, and you're going to send me your top pick each day in a bodybag. I'll send it down to some contacts of mine and I'll pass along the word on who you did in. If worst comes to worst and there are even numbers of Mafiosi and those still faithful to laws we live by, I'm shutting this down and killing all of you before everything goes to hell. Any questions? No? Good.”

Day 1 ends Tuesday, 9 PM Pacific. 9 Players means 3 votes to extend, 5 to Hammer a player or to vote to shorten the day.

[Town Win Condition: You win when both Mafia members are dead. Mafia Win Condition: You win when there are as many or more Mafia members than Town members. If you didn't get a Quicktopic Link, you're not Mafia.]

"Well then, let's get to it," Pan ordered, setting up a board to track each of your votes.

Day 1 ends Tuesday, 9 PM Pacific. 9 Players means 3 votes to extend, 5 to Hammer a player or to vote to shorten the day.

[Town Win Condition: You win when both Mafia members are dead. Mafia Win Condition: You win when there are as many or more Mafia members than Town members. If you didn't get a Quicktopic Link, you're not Mafia.]

"Well then, let's get to it," Pan ordered, setting up a board to track each of your votes.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:01:34 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 1, 9/9]
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 02:04:59 am »

Spoilspec me. I'd rather not have to use my nonexsistant deduction skills to figure out who is doing it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 03:19:09 am »

Spoilspec me. I'd rather not have to use my nonexsistant deduction skills to figure out who is doing it.

Hell no. If you're signing up for a Beginner's Game your learning is my responsibility.

See if you can't figure it along as you go. At the very least, you'll pick up a little bit on how experienced players play, which goes a long way. If you treat it as a learning experience, you might do just that.

Also, I'm watching this, and I'll stay out of the thread from now on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 03:47:38 am »

No Spoilspecs D:<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 04:07:57 am »

Jim, I'm not new to the game, I've been around, skulking around, for a while. I just suck beyond belief. As in, voting for myself for the lulz bad.

Pan, what makes you so anti spoilspec? It offers an interesting perspective as things are unfolding, rather than having to reread through 30 pages at 15PPP to follow along once you know who's who.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 04:30:20 am »

[OOC: Lovely flavor, Pandar <3]

Good morning, Toaster.

What sorts of questions do you think work best for random votes, nowadays?  Is there a process that results in good results, or is it all based upon a series of initially chaotic interactions?

Furthermore, who do you think will be of greatest danger to the scum in this game?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 05:43:13 am »

And so it begins.

Vector: Why are you asking that third question? The only team that can benefit from it is scum, as you'll essentially be telling them the targets, and since we don't have a doctor or a cop, we can't use that info anyways as we have no way of reacting to it. Besides that, any thoughts on game and players?
Jokerman: What do you think of Vector's questions? How accurate do you think we'll be in our lynches today?
Toaster: Do you think it'll be easier or harder playing in a game like this? Why?
Zrk2: Do you have anything special in mind for D1? What do you think would be the best way to play today?
SaintDraze: How do you feel about participation in a game like this? How are you planning on having this play out?
Leafsnail: Do you think pressuring a person at a time or scanning everyone will work best? Why?
webadict: Will our play be affected much without a doctor and cop? How are you planning on approaching D1?
NativeForeigner: What can we do to enhance our game today and the rest of the game? Will this setup be problematic for you?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 06:22:10 am »

There will be 9 players: 5 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town Doctor, 1 Town Cop, 1 Mafia Godfather, and 1 Mafia Roleblocker
Maaan I thought this was clear enough :c

[OOC: Lovely flavor, Pandar <3]
<3 Thanks, but that was only the background. Just wait until someone actually does something. >:3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19