Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 38533 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 1, 9/9]
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 04:03:40 pm »

Also, NativeForeigner.

Not going to back that up with anything?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »

Also, NativeForeigner.

Not going to back that up with anything?

You might want to look up earlier in that particular post.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 06:14:09 pm »

NativeForeigner: What can we do to enhance our game today and the rest of the game? Will this setup be problematic for you?

Play our very best, obviously. Stay active, scumhunt, ask questions, and don't be stupid. I don't see why this setup would be problematic for me. Could you clarify?

As in, will this setup be difficult or challenging for you in any way, shape or form?

Doesn't seem like it will be.

Wuba: Could you answer my questions?

Vector: I haven't been keeping count, but I've played a fair amount of games and I'll be glad to link you to a few once I have access to a computer. I'm scum about half the time.

Is there a reason you quoted my post or was that just to get my attention?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »

That's for me to know and for you to find out later.

For now, thank you for the links and I'll get back to you after I've had a chance to read through a little.  Also, I have to do my Russian homework and some rhetoric readings, so it may be a little while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »

Vector:  Which of the four power roles would you rather be?  Which is your least favorite pick?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »

Pan rolled a Chess piece, a Black Rook, in his fingers. It spun over and over and over as he watched this collection of extraordinarily dangerous individuals pit their minds against each other. He put it back in his pocket and checked the time on his pocketwatch. Seeing it, he nodded and gestures to an entrance. A man in a suit walked over, looking borderline faceless with his sunglasses and headset. Pan scribbled something on a piece of paper with a pink Breast Cancer Awareness pen and handed it off to the man, who took it, nodded, and left. Pan gestured at another door, and another man in a suit, who looked disconcertingly similar to the first one who had left in the opposite direction, brought in a chessboard. Pan began to arrange his pieces on it; at the left of the board (and one off it) he lined up several pieces, moving the second piece of that type to indicate where each person's vote was.

Vector - 1 - Zrk2
Toaster - 0 -
Zrk2 - 1 - Toaster
Jokerman-EXE - 0 -
SaintDraze - 1 - lordnincompoop
Leafsnail - 0 -
webadict - 1 - NativeForeigner
NativeForeigner - 2 - Leafsnail Vector
lordnincompoop - 1 - webadict

Not Voting: Zrk2, Jokerman-EXE, SaintDraze

Day 1 ends Tuesday, 9 PM Pacific. 9 Players alive: 3 votes to extend the day , 5 to Hammer a player or to vote to shorten the day.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:03:04 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 09:26:37 pm »

Vector:  Which of the four power roles would you rather be?  Which is your least favorite pick?

My least and most favorite would probably be the cop.  It's an incredibly powerful role, with a lot of responsibility, and I'm not sure it wouldn't be better in someone else's hands.  As for why I'd rather be a cop more than anything else, it's the only one of those four power roles that I've never been able to try.  I'm pretty sure that if I happened to roll it up, I'd go "What?!  I finally get to play the cop?" at the same time as I said "Crudmuffins, now I have to play the cop!"

That, and I really prefer playing town to scum at this point in my life.  So much less stressful and more fun.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2011, 09:46:49 am »

SaintDraze: How do you feel about participation in a game like this? How are you planning on having this play out?

well with a cop and a doctor It is vitally important to stick a leg out and participate, If you are town that is,scum might be the ones who will generally keep to themselves until cop is dead.
Well I plan on living the next 5 days at which point the scum will be apparent and we will lynch him.

Now a question to you LNP:

What IS THE DEAL WITH YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!!?????
It is obviously evil.
>.>

Vector:
What is your opinion about the doctor role?

[color:red]NativeForigner[/color]: Why does the random number god favor you?
bacon, or waffles?
If you were scum would you rather be the role blocker or the god father?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 10:19:30 am »

Wuba: Is Leafsnail really scum and you're his partner playing some sick joke you hope you can rub in our faces later?

Also, do you expect anything about this game to be different considering that all of the players are "experienced" in a BM setting?
Yep. You got me! Now who's laughing?!?

Why should I expect a game to be different if you're going to put quotes around experienced? Clearly you find someone to be inexperienced (or else the quotes are meaningless), so you don't really even know what you're asking, do you? Should I expect this game to be different because we all "players?" How about because we're all "assassins?"

Geez. Now, if I were to answer that question without quotations, it'd be like this: Sure. In the same way I expect a professional football game to be different from peewee football. Or two lawyers in a court case versus an 8th grade mock trial.

Most if not all discussion will help scum in some form or fashion, so are you planning on eliminating that too?
Why would you need to lay a trap in the first place? Why would town intentions need to be anything but honest?
Well, think about it like this: If I were scum, what would I be afraid of the most in a completely honest Town? The answer is, of course, nothing. I know everything that they know, and they know nothing that I know.

What's going to scare you more: Me holding a knife in my hands, or me holding my hands behind my back where you can't see them? I also don't believe anywhere that I was being dishonest, unless you count jokes, in which case, you caught me. Way to go. I answered your question truthfully that I wasn't going to answer it truthfully. Which is truthful, since I plain won't answer it.

In case you weren't paying attention to my post regarding this post, I was clearly extending a meaning that wasn't intended, since you were trying to create some sort of slippery slope here. Don't be stupid, and I won't treat you like you're stupid.

There is no obviously wrong answer. I don't see where you're getting this from.
That's the point though. If there's no wrong answer, then how does it catch scum? In what way are you gathering information from the question? My lack of answer is probably giving you just as much information as an answer would.

Therefore, your question is garbage.

With nothing to back it up. How is this related to the point above?
I see no reason to back up anything at this point. Not only that, but where would you like me to pull my information from? The last 50 posts? There's hardly any information in there, and certainly none of it incriminates you. In fact, I've already figured out that you're more than likely Town, but that doesn't matter. The point here is that the whole thing is a trap. Not for you, mind you. I'm really looking for other people's reaction.

You really are a silly person.

Web:  If Leafsnail is scum why are you voting LNCP?
If Zrk2 is town, why are you voting him? Clearly, if he is Town, you are scum for voting him. Case closed, amirite?

Nope.  I'd expect the accuracy of a lynch to be based on the players' skill, though.
Well, that's just stupid. The accuracy of a lynch is hit or miss. So, it's either 100% or 0%.

But, your usefulness has subsided. I will now vote Vector.

SaintDraze: How do you feel about participation in a game like this? How are you planning on having this play out?

well with a cop and a doctor It is vitally important to stick a leg out and participate, If you are town that is,scum might be the ones who will generally keep to themselves until cop is dead.
Well I plan on living the next 5 days at which point the scum will be apparent and we will lynch him.

Now a question to you LNP:

What IS THE DEAL WITH YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!!?????
It is obviously evil.
>.>

Vector:

bacon, or waffles?
Why shouldn't you be lynched?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »

bacon, or waffles?

I don't know, but i'd really prefer it didn't.

Bacon.

I'd rather be the roleblocker, seems more useful.

Wuba: Noted. The quotes were because the term experienced is usually relative, what one might consider experienced another might consider beginner.

That aside, your last post seems off to me. Granted, I haven't played very many games with you. Is there a particular reason you voted Vector?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 03:07:03 pm »

If you've got any questions or suspicions to go with that vote, Webface, just kick 'em my way.

(NativeForeigner, sorry, but my vote is staying for now.  I haven't yet had enough time to look through those games)

I believe that constitutes a slip.  Explain this statement.

[...]

Vector:

My opinion about the doctor role is that I've played it a couple of times and it wasn't especially exciting.

Now, I have a question for you.  Who do you think is scum, and why?  What are you doing to hunt them down?  How are your actions going to lead to "knowing who is scum five days from now?"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 03:17:28 pm »

(NativeForeigner, sorry, but my vote is staying for now.  I haven't yet had enough time to look through those games)

I have three votes on me. None with any sort of reasoning. It just annoys me a little.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:23 pm »

You have two votes on you, sweetie, and one was random (Leafsnail's), whilst the other (mine) was a reaction to your overreaction.

Your big overreaction.

The one I quoted, which implicated Webadict and Leafsnail in some sort of crazy-ass plot right after Leafsnail voted you.

Remember that?

I also don't see what "being blessed by the RNG" has to do with the actions of human players, but perhaps it makes better sense in your scummy little universe.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

Web:
Web:  If Leafsnail is scum why are you voting LNCP?
If Zrk2 is town, why are you voting him? Clearly, if he is Town, you are scum for voting him. Case closed, amirite?

Despite this being crap logic and a complete non-answer, I understand the vote now.

Native:

I have three votes on me. None with any sort of reasoning. It just annoys me a little.

How does that answer the question?

Vector:  Please explain how you think the above quote is a slip, because I don't follow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19