Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 38531 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 2, 7/9]
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2011, 01:54:23 pm »

O hai, Leafy.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2011, 02:08:30 pm »

Web, perhaps the reason you feel like I'm "passively attacking" you is the fact that I'm not actually attacking you. That's probably because I don't think you're scum and I think my time, limited as it has been, would be better spent on others. No, I haven't had a chance for that yet. I've been engaged with you and Vector since the day started, and I'm extremely busy this week. However, I feel that asking for a bit of transparency would be nice. I'm also interested to hear your responses to Toaster's case, which I've noticed that you've been conveniently skirting while you try to make a case against me.

Oh, blow me. That's not what I was doing and you know it. I wanted to know why her vote was staying on me when she hadn't even said I was suspicious, not "OH NO VECTOR STOP VOTING ME WHAT CAN I DO TO BE BETTER" and you know it. Identifying a possible scum move isn't trying to appear like anything.

And seriously, I might have missed it, but why is Web acting like this?
Ah, you're playing the "I'm not gonna vote for anyone or say anything useful" game?

Oh hey there, Kettle. You're looking particularly black today.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2011, 02:09:12 pm »

Also:

I'm sick with what may be the flu, so you're going to have to wait a bit longer.

Sorry.

Worst date ever?  :P
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2011, 02:30:38 pm »

Worst date ever?  :P

Haha >_>

No, woke up feeling sick this morning, called off the date, and it's just been getting worse... so it's probably for the best that I decided to back out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2011, 02:42:27 pm »

Ah, yes, Toaster's post. That was my bad. I was planning on answering it this morning, forgot in my blind rage over a computer, and then forgot to address during lunch.

I'll get to it. You should probably make a case against someone, however.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2011, 02:47:04 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2011, 02:52:01 pm »

a. Haven't been kissing anyone or sharing food with anyone.
b. No swollen lymph nodes
c. Mild joint pain
d. No exhaustion problems, just mental shutdown
e. Nausea
f. Dry mouth
g. Sore throat mild
h. Mild chills, no big fever
=> light flu, not mono.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2011, 03:24:03 pm »

And the hammer thing is crap. I missed your unvote; oh well.  I'm not the mod, so it's not my call.

Feel free to defend her.  However, I really want to know why you think she's town.  Clearly you have reasons, since you're so vehement in your defense of her.
I suppose the hammer thing was me being paranoid. Touche.

And I feel like she's Town. At the very least, I'm excluding the least suspicious from who I wish to vote today. I don't think I'll list any reasons why people are town, though.

Vector:  That was a lot of words for not really explaining why you did it.  I think you said you didn't terribly suspect him, but thought if you were right you'd shake something damming out of him.  Further, I think you were trying to say you didn't get anything useful. Is all that correct?

If so, you don't seem to have a next step.  Do you not have any other suspects?

Why are you answering questions for Web?
How about you make a real post? Because I'm not liking your style right now. Mostly because you're saying thing without showing things based on previous things where I'm not seeing things. Quotes or GTFO.

On a side note, why AREN'T you answering questions that you could? Didn't... didn't I defend you in Paranormal? Oh, that's right. I did. You seem to be going after Vector for answering questions for me, despite her HAVING THE ANSWERS. You ALSO had the answers, didn't you? Hmm... Odd. Odd indeed.

You're going to either back off Vector, make an AIRTIGHT case, or I'm going to make sure you get lynched. In fact, you'll have to do the second option no matter what. Yeah, I'm a jerk. Deal with it.

If Joker asked you a question, I'm going to assume it's because he wanted to hear your answer on it.  He didn't say "Vector, since when does Web defend people?"
Right, but you could have answered the defending question. The point is that the answer wasn't going to be different. Was I planning on yelling something stupid? Does that seem like me? So, it's really a question of whether you think the question would have an exclusive answer from me: Like, "Why did you [action] so-and-so?" If I asked, "When did you vote so-and-so?" it will have precisely one true answer.

Anyway, summary of case on Vector:

The claims of being rusty bugged me early on as an attempt to set up a safety net after a mislynch.  Her early D1 picks are a newbie and a lurker.

Day 2 Vector starts with a strong accusation, but is then passive, passive, passive, passive.  I am irked when people say they have suspects but don't share them. 

It's not as strong as I'd like it to be, but Vector is my #1 pick right now and I have yet to see any convincing reason to change. 

Jokerman:  Why are you so interested in how you look in the eyes of others?
Yes, but how can you ONLY see Vector as scummy? You act like nothing anyone else does could be scummy. I mean, you've got lurking running rampant, for starters: SaintDraze is hiding somewhere in the shadows, Leafsnail finally showed up, LNCP isn't bothering to be here. You've got passive McJoker over there not willing to come up with any suspects.

I'll give you that I'd like to see you live until tomorrow, though. If that matters any.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2011, 03:48:27 pm »

Oh hey there, Kettle. You're looking particularly black today.
I have identified scum.

I am voting him.

Which is rather more than can be said for you, eh?

Although perhaps you're saying that SaintDraze isn't scum, and therefore my vote on him is useless?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 30, 2011, 03:54:54 pm »

Yes, yes, SaintDraze does deserve to be lynched. He shall have one post to convince us why he shouldn't be.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:37 pm »

Just for reference, the hammer-not-hammer on Zrk2 was my mistake, but by that point everyone thought he was scum anyway so repairing that mistake would take a lot of effort to probably not change anything.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 30, 2011, 05:10:34 pm »

a. Haven't been kissing anyone or sharing food with anyone.
b. No swollen lymph nodes
c. Mild joint pain
d. No exhaustion problems, just mental shutdown
e. Nausea
f. Dry mouth
g. Sore throat mild
h. Mild chills, no big fever
=> light flu, not mono.

Vector, for being defensive.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2011, 07:08:11 am »

I'm slightly disappointed in SaintDraze, who has seemingly scurried off silently unsuccessfully. Ah well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2011, 10:27:55 am »

SaintDraze and Jokerman:  Neither of you are voting.  Why?  Who is your #1 pick and why?

Web:  I suppose I can't force your town reasoning out of you, but note that "I think she's town" isn't going to convince me to change my mind on anything.

I could have answered the defending question, but it wasn't directed to me.  I'm not going to answer a question that's not to me.  Would he get something useful from your exclusive answer?  Unlikely, but it was addressed to you instead of the game as a whole.

I do suspect others, chiefly Joker and SaintDraze for not committing this late in the day.  For reference, here's my full ordered list:

Vector:  Likely scum
Jokerman/SaintDraze:  Noncomittal
LNCP: Being quiet
Leafsnail/Web:  No reason to suspect at this time

Speaking of LNCP:  Who do you suspect other than SaintDraze?  Why aren't you questioning that person?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 31, 2011, 12:28:05 pm »

"One more and SaintDraze goes on the chopping block," Pan reminded them. SaintDraze noticed Pan sliding Webadict's king piece for his vote into place with a throwing knife.

Jokerman-EXE - 1 - Vector
Leafsnail - 0 -
lordnincompoop - 0 -
SaintDraze - 3 - Leafsnail lordnincompoop webadict
Toaster - 0 -
Vector - 1 - Toaster
webadict - 0 -

Not Voting: Jokerman-EXE SaintDraze

Day 2 ending Thursday, 9 PM Pacific. 7 Players alive. Hammer at 4, extend at 2, shorten at 4.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:09:36 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19