Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 38575 times)

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 2, 7/9]
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2011, 09:29:58 am »

Native foreigner looked like he was hiding something.
His role was useless anyway, the last remaining scum role would show innocent since every role is used in this game...

Unless of course he could have used his contacts to find a doctor...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2011, 09:56:04 am »

Vector[/]b, is that question aimed at me? Either way, I'm answering: if I had to guess, it would be because of the enormous amount of WIFOM surrounding him. I mean, you're an obvious choice for suspicion now, given your arguments with him, as well as several other people who were targeting him throughout the day.

SaintDraze, just because we killed the roleblocker doesn't mean that losing the cop isn't a big deal. At the very least, we had another townie. One that could claim cop and draw attention, at that. So why does it seem in your post like you're explaining his death to us?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:50 am »

Vector.  The argument I made yesterday stands.

Reading over Zrk2, you were his favorite person to interact with.  That strikes me as a new scum distancing to the point of tunneling.

Also, your question to Jokerman today is asking him to indulge in WIFOM.

LNCP:  I still want your response to this post.

Jokerman:  I realize you were essentially asked for WIFOM, but why are you giving it credence?  You're using it to set up against Vector.

SaintDraze:  Why are you so interested in finding the doctor?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2011, 10:54:06 am »

I'll explain later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2011, 11:02:17 am »

SaintDraze.  You spent the whole day idly attacking me before switching to Zrk2 at the last minute calling him "obvious scum", citing some old points which for some reason you never mentioned before then.  You did this after Zrk2's death seemed unavoidable.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2011, 11:47:05 am »

I'm feeling slightly better now, so I'll explain some things.

1. Losing the Cop is the second worst thing that could've happened. The Cop was a confirmed Town at that point, since he had no function but had an unrepeated title. That's why I asked. I'm slightly disappointed I wasn't allowed to use that strategy.

2. I'm gonna ask you once more to back off Vector. At least until Day 3. Also LNCP. I like those two. They seem pretty Town. Well, LNCP is Town at least.

3. SaintDraze is by far the scummiest person here right now. I'd red that, but I'm exceptionally lazy right now, and typing things out on a phone is difficult. There are several reasons why, and I'll get around to them eventually.

Isn't that right SaintDraze?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2011, 12:17:25 pm »

Vector and Web:  I'm quite interested in hearing your detailed reasons, whenever you get around to posting them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2011, 12:39:38 pm »

LOL, what a Bold post, Joker

Nah I am just thinking from scum's perspective. I for one thought native was definably hiding something, I guess that scum thought so to.

@ toaster: I am not interested in finding the doctor now, I was just thinking of what would justify the usefulness of a cop when everyone he inspects from now on will be innocent.

Even the act of claiming cop will result in jack shit unless he ge- unless he gets flavor from who ever he inspects, who can then confirm him to be cop >.<

@LeafSnail
I was rereading over the pages looking for something to ask you about when I realized that my line of questioning was really complete shit.
But I didn't want to come out as a complete failure on day one... :'(
So I saw that most attacked person was Zrk2 and read up on him...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2011, 12:46:01 pm »

SaintDraze:
Nah I am just thinking from scum's perspective.

I can think of a reason why you'd do that.

I for one thought native was definably hiding something, I guess that scum thought so to.

Yeah.

Anyway, why aren't you scum hunting?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2011, 12:48:36 pm »

Good morning, Jokerman-EXE.

Why Native Foreigner?

Vector, why are you deliberately trying to cause WIFOM?

I'll explain later.

Oh, you better.

LNCP:  I still want your response to this post.

Alright.

LNCP:  I RVed Zrk2, voted Vector because I thought she was scum (still do, but...), then voted Zrk2 for being incredibly scummy.  I fail to see how that constitutes vote flinging, or changing several times.

Interestingly enough, I checked to see how many times you've changed your vote... and you still have your RV on SaintDraze.  Do you think he's genuinely scummy?  When did it go from a RV to a vote on scum?  Did you RV him because you thought he'd be a good candidate for a D1 mislynch?

Mmm, I thought I saw several more than that. I'll check the thread later just to make sure.

I do think he is scummy, yes. Even if he's as bad a player as he claims to be, he makes no effort at improving his play or in taking a more active role in scumhunting. Additionally, his behaviour tends to be erratic and lacking in initiative, for lack of a better word.
I think the vote switch happened somewhere around my responses to his posts.

My initial RV was just that, really. Since there wasn't anything to go on, I decided to use Random.org .

Native foreigner looked like he was hiding something.

Why didn't you mention this earlier, then? Why are you coming out with it now of all times?

His role was useless anyway, the last remaining scum role would show innocent since every role is used in this game...

Unless of course he could have used his contacts to find a doctor...

His role would not have been useless, no. At LYLO, assuming he'd have survived, we would have had a cop claim with some credible town for example.

Are you going to actually begin scumhunting, or are you just going to post passive comments all the time? Why've you been dodging questions?

LOL, what a Bold post, Joker

Are you actually goign to do something about that?

You seem to be very disinclined to move first on anything, really. You don't even move on your own suspicions. Why so?

Nah I am just thinking from scum's perspective. I for one thought native was definably hiding something, I guess that scum thought so to.

Again, why didn't you mention this earlier?

@ toaster: I am not interested in finding the doctor now, I was just thinking of what would justify the usefulness of a cop when everyone he inspects from now on will be innocent.

Confirmed town is why.

Even the act of claiming cop will result in jack shit unless he ge- unless he gets flavor from who ever he inspects, who can then confirm him to be cop >.<

Explain this sentence.

But I didn't want to come out as a complete failure on day one... :'(
So I saw that most attacked person was Zrk2 and read up on him...

...And decided to bandwagon him to look credible?

Why don't you try hunting instead, scumbucket?

Re. Zrk2: I was rather too busy to post anything of value when the bandwagon happened, and though it was justified I felt it would have been nicer with some more responses instead of a hammer.

This is a moot point, but I think the hammer was a mod mistake there; webadict had unvoted, putting the votecount for Zrk2 by the time Native posted at 4/9. Since a hammer requires five, the hammer technically never happened.

PPE: bluh ninjas

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2011, 12:53:19 pm »

Sorry about the stupid coding, I was in a hurry. I'm now in the most hellacious quarter of my life, so if I just disappear one day then please don't hate me for too long.

Toaster, I'm indulging it because that's what it was obviously designed to do. Ignoring a possibility just because it's rife with WIFOM means ignoring half of the game, and that's not really a workable solution. I'm acknowledging the things that the move was designed to do, not saying that I'm taking part in it. NativeForeigner would have been the obvious choice, because of all of his connections to various people etc. How the scum wanted us to feel after the flip is probably something different for each player, so their goal would be accomplished: confusion.

Vector: Please do.

Web: Since when do you defend people?

SaintDraze: You seem shockingly cavalier about this entire situation - almost satisfied. Why am I getting the strong feeling that you know something about this?
BLARG IM DED

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2011, 12:57:32 pm »

LNCP: I also told that to Pandar, but if it matters, I was planning on revoting Zrk2 after I had gotten some more time to look around at other people.

Plus, it got scum, right? :p

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:32 pm »

Good, everyone's here now.

I don't know about you guys, but from my (extensive) experience playing scum, that sort of question scares the crap out of you.  It makes it look like you've been caught, and the questioner is just looking for the last nail to put in the coffin.  Even if you notice before you overreact, one often fumbles a bit--and the perpetrator of the act will also tend to jump a little, even if they weren't asked directly.

For example, I nearly answered this:

Webadict, when do you think this day will END?

My hope was that I'd hit correctly and Jokerman would be shaken.  My other hope was that I'd get responses from the town.  In any case, it's a ping for data, because I don't know what to do next.

This is not about simple data.  It is about tone.  I do not give a crap what their "reason" is.  What I care about is how they relay that reasoning.

Web: Since when do you defend people?

NSBM1, Webadict doctor, Vector town, D3-D4 IIRC.  There's loads of other instances I can think of as well, and I think in all of them Web is town.

That said, yeah, it is making me kind of nervous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »

Good, everyone's here now.

Just out of curiosity, how does this matter? You could just have posted with content and waited for replies.

I don't know about you guys, but from my (extensive) experience playing scum, that sort of question scares the crap out of you.  It makes it look like you've been caught, and the questioner is just looking for the last nail to put in the coffin.  Even if you notice before you overreact, one often fumbles a bit--and the perpetrator of the act will also tend to jump a little, even if they weren't asked directly.

For example, I nearly answered this:

Webadict, when do you think this day will END?

My hope was that I'd hit correctly and Jokerman would be shaken.  My other hope was that I'd get responses from the town.  In any case, it's a ping for data, because I don't know what to do next.

This is not about simple data.  It is about tone.  I do not give a crap what their "reason" is.  What I care about is how they relay that reasoning.

Fair enough. Unvote.

SaintDraze, I'd like to see your replies to my thing.

Sorry about the stupid coding, I was in a hurry. I'm now in the most hellacious quarter of my life, so if I just disappear one day then please don't hate me for too long.

Noted.

If it's going to be a problem though, you can always ask for a replacement.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2011, 01:14:09 pm »

I don't need a replacement. I've never asked for one and I don't intend to start now.

Vector, would you mind telling me how I rated, then? You didn't unvote, but you didn't state that you actually thought I was scum, either.
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19