Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270651 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2415 on: February 12, 2016, 10:32:39 pm »

I guess if you want to leave you can just extract all the skills from your character and sell them or donate to your corp or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: February 12, 2016, 11:14:51 pm »

Since it grants smaller SP characters more SP back, it's a way for newbies to get a slightly more even playing field from the old established playerbase.

This being eve, the rich get richer, but I do think that this is a positive change... just the Skill Extractors costing Aurum is kind of a lame moneygrab. but :ccp:

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 12, 2016, 11:46:31 pm »

well, the extractors can be traded on the market just like plex.

i would agree that its quite close to pay to win - IF a newb actually could win with sp but no game knowledge.
as it stands, if you know how, you can make tons of money even with low sp, while a genue noob spending 1000$ on eve would still fail.

also, as said before, its merely a versatile expansion on the character trade that has been in game forever.
it was always possible for wallet warriors to buy a full skilled toon and 2 officer  fitted machariels for real cash (and get scammed out of them in jita within a day (yes... this actually did happen and more then once))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:48:02 pm by motorbitch »

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: February 13, 2016, 03:13:44 pm »

Personally I invested in some injectors to get astrometrics to 5 and some rigging skills. SP trading has saved me from waiting a few months before training them (since I had been waiting until after I would have done an attribute remap in a few months... heck, I probably won't do the attribute remap now since there's far fewer science/memory skills I want to train in the near future left).

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 13, 2016, 03:44:09 pm »

What is everything doing in EvE anyways? I'm curious to see our demographics.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: February 13, 2016, 05:29:41 pm »

I kinda burned out on doing the space dictator thing so I'm just screwing around on alt accounts at the moment, mostly scamming and stealing with a little helping out newbies to go with it.

I've built up quite the nest egg of ill gotten gains (~220b liquid isk with maybe half that again in assets), enough that I'll likely never have to worry about isk again when I have the free time to play properly.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 13, 2016, 09:00:49 pm »

I just got an E-Mail saying I could get a 3 month subsciption way cheaper and I have a lot of free time at the moment. So before I decide to throw myself back into the life sucking experience that is EVE Online and enjoy every bit of it (okay "most" of it), how is the current state of the game? Any reasons to not play at the moment?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: February 15, 2016, 04:14:06 pm »

That is a pretty broad question. I don't think any of the reasons not to play have changed. Travel still takes forever, pve content is boring, and there is always someone around the corner trying to find a way to crush your sand castle, and for some reason, in spite of all this, you will get sucked into the game again.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 21, 2016, 06:03:41 pm »

Shit's going down fams and fametts.

The tl;dr is, there has never been a better time to join EvE. Citadels (the replacement for POS's and Starbases) are right around the corner, Goons are dying in a massive fire cause everyone has joined up to destroy them, loads of other shit over the last year. etc. etc. etc. Basically, if you want to get into the best MMO of all time, now is the time.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 21, 2016, 06:30:00 pm »

Coming up on a summer where I'm only working half time and don't have coursework to deal with. I was considering finally getting into EVE properly when I saw the news about Goon burning after their protection racket failed. Are there any useful beginner's guides around? Is it possible to play effectively solo?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2425 on: April 21, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »

Citadels are *replacing* POS/starbases? As in POS are going away for good?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 21, 2016, 06:35:54 pm »

Yes. They will eventually be 100% gone.
Coming up on a summer where I'm only working half time and don't have coursework to deal with. I was considering finally getting into EVE properly when I saw the news about Goon burning after their protection racket failed. Are there any useful beginner's guides around? Is it possible to play effectively solo?
Well... to put it simply, the best ship in EvE is friendship. As in, the best way to learn how to play the game and to have fun is to play with other people. EvE is the last social MMO, that really requires you to know people and to work together, where as other MMO's are single player experiences with a chat box. It is possible to play solo, but you will definitely be limited in what you can do.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:38:44 pm by werty892 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2427 on: April 21, 2016, 06:39:32 pm »

Thank god, I really hated the way POS management and setup worked. I'm curious about Citadels

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 21, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

Thank god, I really hated the way POS management and setup worked. I'm curious about Citadels
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/structure-fitting-in-the-citadel-expansion/

At the beginning of that post you can see links to all the other dev blogs where they talk about how Citadels work in great detail.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 21, 2016, 06:43:52 pm »

Yes. They will eventually be 100% gone.
Well... to put it simply, the best ship in EvE is friendship. As in, the best way to learn how to play the game and to have fun is to play with other people. EvE is the last social MMO, that really requires you to know people and to work together, where as other MMO's are single player experiences with a chat box. It is possible to play solo, but you will definitely be limited in what you can do.
It's mainly just that once grad school starts back up again I'm going to be strapped for time, and my typical experience with group play in the past when free time is tight has typically boiled down to "kicked for inactivity" because I couldn't be online four nights a week, six hours a night, or whatever.

That, and I don't want to get sucked into a corp where new members are treated like farmbot slaves, since I've had more than my fill of that tripe elsewhere.

e: And by "solo" I don't mean the sense of "pretends to be playing a single player game", just that I tend to avoid getting entangled in ingame organizations when I can. Free agent as opposed to corporate cog.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:45:56 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 210