Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270597 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2355 on: December 25, 2014, 11:42:22 pm »

So, since I've been in NPC null (3 days now) I have earned a little over 3 billion ISK. Literally, my money wallet is filled lol. Mostly ratting, but did pod someone who went against my Cruiser (epic loadout) in a much larger battleship. Probably thought he was gonna have an easy fight since my hull was slightly damaged from ratting (my cruiser can solo battleship rats). So figuring I could also probably take him on...I did...and won. He couldn't even dent my armor lol. And even funnier, was he had 3 plexes, used 1 and sold 2. So either he actually forgot he had them on him, was dumb or maybe it was a "christmas gift" :P either way, he attacked me with 3 plexes. Like I said, probably thought he'd take me on easily. Didn't even have warp scramblers or slowy things in his ship lol...at least he never used them. Either way, never saw him again. (edit: Though I had the feeling he probably bought the account or it wasn't his, since he was actually asking questions most battleship owners would hopefully already know...forgot what he asked...in any case..."free" plex is always nice :P)

I find NPC null far safer than highsec (someone tried podding me there when I was mining lol, and it wasn't the first time and different areas obviously) and better than lowsec which tends to be filled with gankers. Granted, PvP happens everywhere...but lowsec is like sov-lite, blobs but smaller blogs. And NPC null is a lot more fun than VERY boring blob sov. I hate sov and alliance blobs.

I ended up staying in NPC corp, to not deal with lame wardecs. But I got into a group with 3-5 others who try to play once a week. So that is fun. Usually its just me by myself. Personally, in any MMO or game or in real life...I much prefer groups of 2-10 people...I don't like huge blob gatherings.

But doing it this way is so much better. No lame blob sov, no spending tons of maintenance in sov space, and in npc null there is actually a lot of 1 vs 1 or small fleet fights happening...no lame blobs. Barely anyone seems to go to NPC null (at least where I am located). And I end up making friends with people who blow up my ship or are just mining or whatever it is they are doing. In fact, npc null has a MUCH better community than anywhere else in EVE from my experience of being here. And at least I can actually store stuff, do industry and what not in npc stations down there, that makes it a lot better. I am not interested at all in joining any alliance/corp with more than 10 people, and I already play with a small group...so its all good :)

That and I've earned a little over 3 billion ISK (edit: Granted, I did sell both plexes for 1 billion each...so that adds to most of the 3 billion)...my ship load out costs less than 25 million for everything...I earn FAR more than that.

Been having so much fun though :D npc null really is amazing. At least to me it is. Or maybe my experience has been to luck, either way...really enjoying my time in EVE since I've started (again).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:53:48 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 27, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »

also: http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/ loled a lot. guy shold focuss on wow.
His general/philosophy posts are funny of course, but ISK-making guides are OK. At least it inspired me to try trading.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2357 on: March 06, 2015, 05:45:03 am »

Gevlon is good at making money, but other than that he's a bit of a cunt.

Speaking of making ISK - I'm three years into EVE and have only just recently been able to make enough money to keep myself comfortably in PLEX. C4 wormhole sites in a passive shield regen Rattlesnake is pretty awesome. Capital escalations are a nice addition.

Anyway, I see that this is a bit of a necro so first - CSM elections are almost over so go vote! Secondly, Wormbro is actively recruiting - though at this point I'm no longer vouching people in as people I've vouched in previously have either gone inactive or split in not-very-amicable ways. Still, if you have a Reddit account feel free to apply and mention you come from Bay12.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: March 06, 2015, 02:22:43 pm »

I was wondering who would bump this next...

I ended up starting a small corp with a real life friend and one guy he was flying around with. After a while we ended up setting up a pos in a c4. At one point we just missed jumping on a noctis and ended up chatting with him instead. His crew joined us and now we have a tiny alliance.

We also pulled in a random guy from rvb that happened to lead us out of a hole we got some ships stuck in. He is another really good member.

I like wormhole life. There is plenty of pvp but with out the territory wars of null. It seems like the majority of times we get I to fights they end with us chatting to the other side about the fight and fits and stuff. It seems like as long as you are willing to fight and gf afterwards you stay in pretty good standings with the community and your base is safe from seige.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 12, 2015, 02:50:42 pm »

That's pretty much how it works.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: March 13, 2015, 06:14:55 pm »

i made very similar observations. i live in lowsec, and before i joined my current corporation, i had tons of fights with some of them  (witch we still fondly rember :) ).
i also often (try to) recruit players i fought.
only carebears that never leave highsec get all mental over the loss of a ship. but i think most of these that stay in the game for longer acutally appriciate the content created by players that are less risk adverse. eve is a very borring game if all you care about is a growing isk count.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: March 13, 2015, 06:44:19 pm »

I can see the truth in that for sure. Most of my time in Eve was spent being highly risk adverse and we when first got the pos in the wh I would get upset with people for losing ships.

I am mostly over it now. I still get the shakes a bit during an intense fight.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: March 14, 2015, 12:08:32 am »

hehe, yeah. one needs to die a bunch to learn to keep calm when having a fight.
but i think if i ever lose the shakes entirely when things get interesting, ill quit eve  ;D

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 14, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »

Will any of you guys accept a slightly burnt out Brave Newbie into your fold? I've had it with Brave life to be honest, I joined back during the whole "This is EVE" thing. The whole coalition is in constant massive drama cynos, and whelping to PL because they can force us to welp is getting annoying. Plus, never really getting to know anyone since it's so huge is tiring. Look me up in game, Pardet Kynes. Got about 3mil SP, so don't expect l33t pvp around here. But, willing to learn and help.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 15, 2015, 08:50:21 pm »

i like faction warfrare. if you want to try that, i would suggest you just enlist with one of the factions npc fw corps. fw is very solo focussed. also. you will get rectuited into a player corp immidiately anyway. switching fw corps or even the faction is easy.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:54:51 pm by motorbitch »

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 20, 2015, 03:05:10 pm »

Welp, just resubbed, extracting updates and stuff now.

Edit: Bought a Harpy and killed some nerd who was blinky yellow on grid, then killed him again when he came after me, before getting taken down to 13% hull by his buddies. Good to be back.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:31:49 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 22, 2015, 09:36:51 pm »

Will any of you guys accept a slightly burnt out Brave Newbie into your fold? I've had it with Brave life to be honest, I joined back during the whole "This is EVE" thing. The whole coalition is in constant massive drama cynos, and whelping to PL because they can force us to welp is getting annoying. Plus, never really getting to know anyone since it's so huge is tiring. Look me up in game, Pardet Kynes. Got about 3mil SP, so don't expect l33t pvp around here. But, willing to learn and help.

Wormbro is recruiting. We were - until just a few days ago - blue to Brave/HERO but they reset us for reasons unknown. We live in a no-effect C5 with a C4 static, so there's plenty of opportunities for PvE and PvP action.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 25, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »

BRAVE burned itself out fighting Pandemic Legion, and subsequently got kicked out of its space. IIRC they are now based in Aridia.

kudos on Wspace living.
Wspace=best space.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 01, 2015, 06:05:25 am »

I just reactivated my old account, and holy hell, the game looks different. Walking on stations and character customisation etc.

It's probably gonna take a while to adjust.

Anyone still playing / or even a Corporation that still looks for people?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 01, 2015, 05:10:05 pm »

My little worm hole c4 alliance is looking for people. We have a ts3 sever and a couple of pos in our c4. The alliance name is Rabbit Wholes and we generally roam and run sites. We have an orca but mining seems to be pretty un popular.

Our primary rule is to have fun and to not be a dick. Mostly this means that you don't second guess every decision everyone else makes. If someone posts that their omen got blown up by a punisher and your first thought is to tell them they should have been in a vexor you might not fit in.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 210