Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270553 times)

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2310 on: August 20, 2014, 01:32:43 am »

We're at war with 80% of the highsec merc corps right now.

!!SPACE FUN!!  :D :D :D :D

Fly safe! o7

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 20, 2014, 03:28:22 am »

Fly safe! o7

Haha pirating much?
You got some fun times ahead indeed lol

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: August 20, 2014, 04:36:12 am »

Fly safe! o7

Haha pirating much?
You got some fun times ahead indeed lol

We're not pirate, that's the best part.
We're just helping a famous merc corp against a REALLY famous merc/ganker corp. ;)

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: August 21, 2014, 05:28:50 am »

Well..

Yesterday night we engaged 3 enemy fleets in High Sec.

So far..

14 Ships killed (3.3B ISK) (including a 2b pod with HG Slave) Vs 5 Ships lost (0.16B ISK)

Let's see what will happen tonight.. Seems like our "friends" are shipping up to T3s/BS tonight.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 22, 2014, 07:16:03 pm »

Is there a way I can save a trial account to upgrade later?  Like if my trial finishes but I don't/can't upgrade right away, can I upgrade the same account later?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 22, 2014, 10:00:51 pm »

Is there a way I can save a trial account to upgrade later?
Like if my trial finishes but I don't/can't upgrade right away, can I upgrade the same account later?

I think the standard answer is that accounts are kept for "at least" six months, but CCP is notorious for retaining them forever. Check google and you'll find forum posts from people who reactivated trial-only accounts after years of inactivity.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: August 24, 2014, 02:16:17 pm »

Is there a way I can save a trial account to upgrade later?
Like if my trial finishes but I don't/can't upgrade right away, can I upgrade the same account later?
I think the standard answer is that accounts are kept for "at least" six months, but CCP is notorious for retaining them forever. Check google and you'll find forum posts from people who reactivated trial-only accounts after years of inactivity.
Me.
I did that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 24, 2014, 03:08:00 pm »

Joined a crusade, inquisitors demand I stop at (blank) for inspection and besiege my homeworld.
Imma gonna have to let this one sit for a while.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 24, 2014, 03:11:18 pm »

Joined a crusade, inquisitors demand I stop at (blank) for inspection and besiege my homeworld.
Imma gonna have to let this one sit for a while.

Wrong thread?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: August 24, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »

Indeed, so here is something related.
https://no-ho.com/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=6405
My killboard when I was still active every day.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: August 24, 2014, 04:12:05 pm »

Ok, finally broke down and am on the 14 day trial of this thing.

Assuming I like it enough to stick with it, do we have a Bay 12 Corp? And where is it located? I'm starting off Gallente, but I assume that's not really an issue.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: August 24, 2014, 04:24:55 pm »

Ok, finally broke down and am on the 14 day trial of this thing.

Assuming I like it enough to stick with it, do we have a Bay 12 Corp? And where is it located? I'm starting off Gallente, but I assume that's not really an issue.

I can get you a 21 day trial instead, if you want.  If you opt for this and later subscribe then I get a PLEX which will be sold for a large quantity of ingame cash, of which you'll definitely get your fair share.  There is a b12 corp, although I'm not a member.  Im sure someone else can point you in the right direction.  Gallente ships are generally considered the best for PvP at present, but are kinda weak in PvE until you get into the more advanced ship types.

Best advice I can give a newbie is to not be a miner (unless you happen to like sitting there staring at a rock for hours on end) and to get out of hisec ASAP.

I fought No Holes Barred on a few occasions.  They're not half bad.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: August 24, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »

Hmm. Well, I already started with the standard 14 day trial. I don't know if I can use that one in addition.

Yeah, I sold the Gallente frigate they gave me and bought a Minmatar one that I like better. It's pretty good for PVE right now, and it looks much better.

Mining is ok if I have something else to do while it mines, but I can see why it'd be a bit of a turn-off for most people. Right now I'm going through all of the various career tutorials to get the free stuff from them. Once that's done I think I'll either upgrade my account and actually play the game or decide it's not for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: August 24, 2014, 04:44:19 pm »

Hmm. Well, I already started with the standard 14 day trial. I don't know if I can use that one in addition.

Yeah, I sold the Gallente frigate they gave me and bought a Minmatar one that I like better. It's pretty good for PVE right now, and it looks much better.

Mining is ok if I have something else to do while it mines, but I can see why it'd be a bit of a turn-off for most people. Right now I'm going through all of the various career tutorials to get the free stuff from them. Once that's done I think I'll either upgrade my account and actually play the game or decide it's not for me.

Yeah, you'd have to start over (but it is a seriously massive amount of isk for a newbie), although you can ignore the tutorial and go straight to the career agents.  Either way, I'll drop you a bit of starter cash if you PM me your character name.  I'd also suggest you do the Sisters of Eve arc after those. 

Do keep in mind that this stuff is only really preparing you for life as a missioner or miner and there's a lot more to the game than that.  Personally, I'm a fan of PvP and all forms of black ops (bombing, spying, disruption of enemy PvE activities/logistics etc).  The game's a sandbox, it's as fun as you make it.

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 25, 2014, 02:17:04 am »

I think we picked a fight with some NOHO many months ago while we were helping some friends saving their WH.

GF always. :)

That's my KB..
I'm generally active during wars or other big ops while I relax with incursions and similar things when not involved in war operations.

https://zkillboard.com/character/90386165/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:18:36 am by Getix Kain »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 210