Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270523 times)

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2250 on: May 16, 2014, 08:41:30 pm »

I've been having trouble being motivated to play lately. I think a lot of it is my part time job at Schnucks. Currently its only safe to move stuff between like 12-5AM. Currently its 1:25 AM. I can do plenty of other stuff but if I need to personally move something its so hard. the hours flip around, I keep getting calls to work extra time, which means its not safe to fiddle with my sleep schedule much. Also pushing carts in 75-90 degree whether is not exactly an energy neutral activity. Also I was in my up phase when I was stranded in a station doing nothing, and I entered a down phase a little after I was able to play again. So its sort of a case of bad timing/luck. And once my interest in something wanes due to a down phase it sort of spirals down to totally losing interest quickly. Not sure what to do. If I push on I may realize I wasted a lot of time if I quit in the future but if I stop now I'll feel bad and what if I swap to an up phase in a short time and then I've given up my chance to really go strong in EVE? Especially by disappointing my in game allies by losing my zazz?

Bah, I hate tough decisions.

Take a break. On impulse i think you should give it up, from limited experience of Eve and greater experience of wasted time affecting things, but as I'm not you see how you do without and go from there.
There's a running joke about that: Nobody quits EVE. You might take a break, but you'll be back eventually.

Hell, I know I will this summer.

There's actually another joke. Its not called quitting EVE. Its called "winning EVE."

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: May 16, 2014, 11:48:34 pm »

I've been having trouble being motivated to play lately. I think a lot of it is my part time job at Schnucks. Currently its only safe to move stuff between like 12-5AM. Currently its 1:25 AM. I can do plenty of other stuff but if I need to personally move something its so hard. the hours flip around, I keep getting calls to work extra time, which means its not safe to fiddle with my sleep schedule much. Also pushing carts in 75-90 degree whether is not exactly an energy neutral activity. Also I was in my up phase when I was stranded in a station doing nothing, and I entered a down phase a little after I was able to play again. So its sort of a case of bad timing/luck. And once my interest in something wanes due to a down phase it sort of spirals down to totally losing interest quickly. Not sure what to do. If I push on I may realize I wasted a lot of time if I quit in the future but if I stop now I'll feel bad and what if I swap to an up phase in a short time and then I've given up my chance to really go strong in EVE? Especially by disappointing my in game allies by losing my zazz?

Take a break. On impulse i think you should give it up, from limited experience of Eve and greater experience of wasted time affecting things, but as I'm not you see how you do without and go from there.
There's a running joke about that: Nobody quits EVE. You might take a break, but you'll be back eventually.

There's actually another joke. Its not called quitting EVE. Its called "winning EVE."
"A strange game... The only winning move is not to play."
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2252 on: May 17, 2014, 12:04:02 am »

"A strange game... The only winning move is not to play."

Oh hello Joshua
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:09:35 am by ductape »
I got nothing

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 26, 2014, 12:31:11 am »

Alright, the bastards have done it. I'm coming back to EVE, just in time for Kronos. Anyone want to shoot me a recall invite? My account is Morrigi192.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: May 26, 2014, 12:36:35 am »

Alright, the bastards have done it. I'm coming back to EVE, just in time for Kronos. Anyone want to shoot me a recall invite? My account is Morrigi192.

https://secure.eveonline.com/RecallProgram/?invc=582df4c8-f7e4-4573-a155-ef4c4b987bad&type=share

Good luck. Kronos is crazy.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 26, 2014, 01:53:46 am »

https://secure.eveonline.com/RecallProgram/?invc=582df4c8-f7e4-4573-a155-ef4c4b987bad&type=share

Thanks man!

This is the third time I've come back to EVE, and I'm totally blown away every time. Installing updates now...

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 26, 2014, 12:16:44 pm »

Thanks man!

This is the third time I've come back to EVE, and I'm totally blown away every time. Installing updates now...

I don't think Kronos is deployed yet, fyi, and they moved some of it to Crius. So like june 6th and july 22nd?

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 26, 2014, 01:06:32 pm »

Apparently Perpetuum Online went b2p.
Any of you play this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMp7DvfCGYY

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: May 26, 2014, 03:26:52 pm »

yep, Kronos will have all the ship and gameplay changes NOT related to industry, all the industrial overhaul will come in Crius....

BUT, asteroid composition changes, and i think the new mining barge changes will come in Kronos....

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: June 01, 2014, 04:46:14 pm »

Welp, just renewed my sub for three months. If anybody wants to run lvl 4's in Caldari/Gallente highsec, PM me and I can help out with my Typhoon.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: June 02, 2014, 12:58:38 am »

Well I can now produce the PI goods for about 80000 fuel blocks a day, but aside from a few corp mates, no one responds to my asking if anyone wants to buy some. sadly i cannot ice mine quite yet. probably a few months out. although a corpy can do it pretty well so i might buy it from him.

guess ill be selling shit to jita for the forseeable future.

the rest of my PI production, about 50% being the PI fuel goods, was going to jita anyways.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: June 02, 2014, 02:04:09 am »

What kind of ice do you need?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: June 02, 2014, 02:57:50 am »

I blew up some miners today.  Nobody mines on my turf, not even me.  Especially not me.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 02, 2014, 05:01:15 am »

i prefer fw piracy, tho the prey is a bit smarter

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 04, 2014, 01:58:13 pm »

I blew up some miners today.  Nobody mines on my turf, not even me.  Especially not me.

*Sigh* This is what makes me want to play it again, but instead be a pirate and blow people up. :P

How would I get into that?
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 210