Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270486 times)

symonthewise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BASILEUS
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2070 on: December 05, 2013, 09:35:25 am »

You guys seem to be playing so you probably have not encountered this problem BUT NONE THE LESS--

I'm having difficulty getting access to the game. Installer problems, I have heard, are not uncommon, however I can't even download the game files directly from that offline installer page. The downloads don't start, they say starting.. for a while and then fail. I checked it on different machines in my house and it was the same deal, my buddy said it started downloading instantly for him.

Any ideas bay 12? Have you encountered a flummoxing of this nature even by hearsay?

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 05, 2013, 05:36:52 pm »

what computer do you have and what operating system?

symonthewise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BASILEUS
« Reply #2072 on: December 06, 2013, 12:42:53 pm »

I have some Hp laptop running windows 7. I suspect its not my computer however, as my girlfriends mac book has the same issue.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 06, 2013, 01:59:37 pm »

So I got all my stuff to test out my ship loadout (it is a vexor). Should be able to handle nullsec rats really easily. I used it a year ago, and it could take on many battleships+cruisers+frigates without any problems (ratting, not players). But balance changes have come since then, so I'm not actually sure if it is up to date enough.

The vexor is most expensive out of it all, about 10 million. Everything else (including buying skills, which the career agents provide some as well)...cost about 5 million. So in total, its about 15 million. And that is in an area where everything is quite a lot more expensive. Took me about a week to get and I don't play that much.

As for training all the skills...it will take another 3 or 4 days or so. So its about a 2 week process like it was last time I did this.

Should work well enough, but I'll see. If it does, I easily make 100mill (a lot more with rare drops+salvage) every 1-3 hours out there, or I did before anyway.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:14:25 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 06, 2013, 05:50:46 pm »

So I got all my stuff to test out my ship loadout (it is a vexor). Should be able to handle nullsec rats really easily. I used it a year ago, and it could take on many battleships+cruisers+frigates without any problems (ratting, not players). But balance changes have come since then, so I'm not actually sure if it is up to date enough.

The vexor is most expensive out of it all, about 10 million. Everything else (including buying skills, which the career agents provide some as well)...cost about 5 million. So in total, its about 15 million. And that is in an area where everything is quite a lot more expensive. Took me about a week to get and I don't play that much.

As for training all the skills...it will take another 3 or 4 days or so. So its about a 2 week process like it was last time I did this.

Should work well enough, but I'll see. If it does, I easily make 100mill (a lot more with rare drops+salvage) every 1-3 hours out there, or I did before anyway.

I did this in a much more expensive Vexor Navy Issue build and had a lot of close calls with the current Guristas mobs (being in Deklein). If your 15 mill build can do this okay let me know.

Being a goon the most profitable part is when complexes drop, and I get on the batphone to sell the coordinates to someone better equipped and get a split of the profit from whatever drops there :P It's like free money.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: December 13, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »

Thanks for not telling me I shouldn't have posted my login name in a public forum guys. My corp just popped my Tayra and booted me after one of them googled my character name, saw my login, and decided it was a security risk. And of course one of you quoted it so that editing the post won't even help.

Well I suppose its my bad for not embracing traditional EVE paranoia. And of course not realizing that duh, you only need my character's name to send me money.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 13, 2013, 05:44:35 pm »

Ouch. I understand (well, no I don't, but still...) kicking you out for security risk purposes, but unsure what purpose destroying your ship holds outside of pure assery.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: December 13, 2013, 06:29:41 pm »

Ouch. I understand (well, no I don't, but still...) kicking you out for security risk purposes, but unsure what purpose destroying your ship holds outside of pure assery.

Well later I was told someone thought I was a spy or some stupid bullshit. They paid me back for the ship but they said they killed it because they wanted to be really safe. Apparently my RPG.net cred wasn't good enough to get the benefit of the doubt. I guess EVE just breeds paranoia.

Hopefully I can catch another wormhole corp or even a null corp that has a focus on PI and play with them. Although given that even a bunch of people who recognize me from a 2 year memberships on a non-EVE forum sort of screwed me over over dumbass wormhole politics, the chance of some corp who has no such connection to me betraying me for ISK is decently high.

Even if I were a spy why would I bother with a small C1 wormhole corp that takes 2-3 days for enough leadership to get on to decide whether to boot me? Not exactly a juicy target. Wasted a whole week of my god damn life for nothing. Honestly if I hadn't lucked into a possible nullsec corp who wants PI people and will maybe let me join I probably would have quit the game. And depending on how things go with them I might still end up quitting. Plus PI is hell in nullsec compared to wormholes with hi sec exits.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: December 14, 2013, 01:16:17 am »

Oh, on the login being quoted... try contacting the moderators with the post in question and ask for your login to be edited out. It might save you from the next corp being just as paranoid.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: December 14, 2013, 04:02:28 am »

Well, I have a ticket with support to get my login changed. Hopefully that works out.

On the upside, I am go for nullsec PI. Formed a corp, joined a rental alliance and assuming I can get into safe space without being able to use a cloak ship I will be good to go. The systems I'll have PI capability in are pretty good, although they have 2x+2 as many gas planets as the next two most common planet types combine. Holy fudge I bet it smells bad there. I have access to 90 planets total which means even with other players doing PI it is almost impossible that I'll deplete planets since I can run 2-4 guys per planet instead of having to do many more. I have a slight bottleneck in felsic magma and chiral structures planets but its not a big deal.

Also someone refitted my Ferox before sending it back which was weird but not a huge deal as it had the important stuff and I got to keep the extra stuff they fitted.

I was about to quit when I got the tip about this alliance, who are giving me a sweet deal till I get up and running and can pay them back, but now I'm happier than ever with my PI situation. Assuming I can sell some stuff in the area of null and get access to a decent cloaky transport service to ship to Jita I could easily manage 700mil ISK an hour, counting by actual active hours playing. Currently my only significant issue is getting out to nullsec and then being able to afford to PLEX until I spin up to full production.

Sadly I had to revise my net profit expectations to 500bil so as to be more conservative and accurate. Corp rent, shipping fees, infrastructure, plex and possible losses to pvp suck up a decent chunk of cash. Something like 300bil a year.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 15, 2013, 10:53:38 pm »

Big fight in DY-PQ7 or w/e those numbers were, Goons got smashed. They even crashed the node because they were getting crushed so hard by 40+ Titans. Fun times.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 15, 2013, 11:12:40 pm »

Damn it, I think I'll resub after Christmas.
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: December 15, 2013, 11:50:48 pm »

Big fight in DY-PQ7 or w/e those numbers were, Goons got smashed. They even crashed the node because they were getting crushed so hard by 40+ Titans. Fun times.
Good stuff tonight. PL/N3 were trying out a new thing called "The Sphere 2.0". Basically, bring in carriers, orbit them around incyno at 20km, and then when you have a protective "wall" of carriers, cyno in titans inside protective sphere. When the titans start bumping off of each other like there's no tomorrow, the carrier wall will gently stop them from going out of rep range. This was with just 40 titans, mind you, which is barely a fraction of the PL/NCdawt titan fleet (which is well into the 200s). The CFC doesn't stand a chance; the Russians are already exhausted, and the CFC is outclassed at every turn.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 16, 2013, 03:46:42 am »

Lol this is the most tinfoil hat nonsense. If you believe it takes some special action to crash an EVE Node you'll probably believe just about anything. Every node crash in history (in this badly coded game that uses single threaded python server code) has been blamed on whoever the enemy is

Looking at the battle reports?  Honestly it was about a push, with more kills on the N3 side because goons as usual were fielding more subcaps that the slowcats definitely manage to take out. On the capital level, definitely a push.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:02:22 am by Tilla »

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 16, 2013, 04:03:44 am »

Lol this is the most tinfoil hat nonsense. If you believe it takes some special action to crash an EVE Node you'll probably believe just about anything. Every node crash in history (in this badly coded game that uses single threaded python server code) has been blamed on whoever the enemy is.

Looking at the battle reports?  Honestly it was about a push, with more kills on the N3 side because goons as usual were fielding more subcaps that the slowcats definitely manage to take out. On the capital level, definitely a push.

Hehe. I was just repeating something people claimed on stream. The important thing is that Mittens' giant wall of whine on TMdC about "Omega fleet" was just drama.

Anyways I am sure we will see some fun escalation in the future.

Also, I agree about the Python. Honestly EVE needs to do a total code rewrite and use some modern programming. I think it would be nice if we could get to like 8000 ships in a single node, among other improvements.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:09:15 am by MoLAoS »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 210