Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270522 times)

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2025 on: November 14, 2013, 04:36:35 pm »

Goonswarm itself is actually rather bloated, the really truly amazing part of that is the leader. If Mittens decided to quit EVE, the CFC would implode within a matter of months.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 14, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »

Goonswarm itself is actually rather bloated, the really truly amazing part of that is the leader. If Mittens decided to quit EVE, the CFC would implode within a matter of months.

out of internet political "belgium", i guess you're right, well, i bet any alliance in EVE can fall due to lack of leadership or leader disappearance...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 14, 2013, 06:57:13 pm »

Eh, Mittens does way, way less than you think. He is really good at delegating.

Goons have lost leadership before and recovered  just fine mind. This isn't the first goonswarm nor probably the last.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 17, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »

just to remind you all that Rubicon comes the day after tomorrow :B.......i wish i could play......damn you college.....e.e

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2029 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:51 pm »

just to remind you all that Rubicon comes the day after tomorrow :B.......i wish i could play......damn you college.....e.e
Whats new in Rubicon?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 17, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »

Quote from: Rez
Sounds like you're exactly the kind of vet I was talking about.  It certainly would be catastrophic for established players to lose their permanent advantages over newbies.

Actually, established players have an advantage over newbs because they understand the game better, not because of their skillpoints.

So, shitty for everyone but long time veterans.  Gotcha.  EVE continues to show that it has the shittiest community of any game.

Actually, EVE has the best community of any MMO.  By far.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 17, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »

Whats new in Rubicon?

1.new deployables:

-a mobile depot (small structure for storage and refitting in space, can be scanned and has meta variations)

-mobile tractor (small structure that tractors and loots all wrecks in its radius, has almost the same cargo as a common container)

-siphon unit (steals moon materials from POSes)

-mobile cyno jammer (prevents cynos in a 100 KM radius)

2. T3 ships can now refit in space

3. SMAs now become wrecks when destroyed, looting mechanics equal to other lootable objects, this means 50/50 chance of getting a ship from there, the wreck can be salvaged.

4. ISIS, basically a tech tree that shows ship advancements and requirements for them

5. high sec POCOs can be owned in high sec

6. 2 new ships from the Sisters of EVE faction, require Gallente/Amarr skills, all around exploration vessels with bonuses for cover ops cloak, armor tanked with a mix of drones+lasers for combat.

7. rebalance of several T2 ships (EAFs, interceptors, interdictos, the new command ship models and marauders)

8. new rapid heavy missile launchers (for battleships) along with a rebalance of rapid light missile launchers.....

9. new type of anomalies, ghost sites which reward with components for warp speed implants and depot blueprints

10. new warp mechanics

among other things that you can see in the patch notes: http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-rubicon
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:15:42 pm by xaritscin »

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 21, 2013, 07:26:24 pm »

Downloading my free trial now. Probably won't end up playing seriously, but may as well test it out.

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 26, 2013, 03:56:42 pm »

What is new? If you are half-assed or committed to real life, you're still not gonna PLEX yourself. Maybe once in a year, but not every month.

Rubicon: a PLEX too far.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 26, 2013, 04:33:21 pm »

so? eve is not free to play just because it allows the ingame trade of game time.
i wont even mention that in no mmo you can do the end game content as a casual. because thats unrelated. though it would be interesting in this context.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 29, 2013, 07:39:41 am »

If any lurkers are considering signing up, or anyone wants an alt, apparently there's a black friday sale: 30 days for a dollar. Though note that the gametime appears to not stack with trial time.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 29, 2013, 10:45:59 am »

Good deal, but this is a lot better

http://www.amazon.com/EVE-Online-Starter-Plasma-Command/dp/B00GP17876/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1385739842&sr=8-11&keywords=eve+online

And gives you +9 to all stats (and you don't lose it if you get podded)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:52:01 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 29, 2013, 07:57:38 pm »

I got that just in case. If I save it until the next time I wanna play EvE does it expire? Since its a lousy dollar I could just turn it on and spend that whole time just letting skills level and it wouldn't be a waste of money.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 29, 2013, 09:15:01 pm »

Ok. I'm going to get back into Eve pretty soon, predicting a lull in work around the holiday season.

Left the game a while ago without much packing up. If I had a bit more forethought I would have probably invested in some inflation-proof commodities.

So, how much has changed since right before the release of Odyssey? Annoying UI changes? I got the patch notes down but thinking more on the social/economic level. Ice interdiction? Big coalition shifts/wars?

I guess I'll find out pretty soon myself but the more info going in, the better.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:01:09 pm by acetech09 »
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 30, 2013, 10:10:03 am »

Can anyone spare me like 12mil ISK to buy and fit a MOA? I have been finding some decent gurista spawns but either they crush my shield or this asshole in a caracal comes in and blows them all up while they are slaughtering me and steals my bonus spawns. A dread gurista spawned with loot and salvage worth like 3mil and he stole it even though I did most of the work. Plus caracal can handle these spawns easily without dying or needing to spend isk to heal armor and structure.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 210