Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270725 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #1800 on: July 01, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »

By the way, i remember seeing an dogfighting prototype (i think replete with the oculus rift) on Fanfest news, here. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/27/eves-virtual-reality-dogfighting-is-evr/. Any word on Dust 514's inevitable (and given the likely success of the upcoming console generation, alongside something I'll get too later, imminent) PC port? Honestly, I'm wondering how they'll compete with Star Citizen. Having a crew in a single ship kind of breaks it for me, first person aside.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1801 on: July 01, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »

Also anyone got any tips for market fuckery ? I'm thinking of getting into it with my alt character. And what would be a good starting amount of isk to start ?

Scriptypoo, I just started a new character on a new account just for industry and trade. I would suggest (if you're going to station trade) to focus on a specific set of items to get comfortable. Find an item that has a high trade volume (look at the price history tab on the item in the market) with a large difference between the buy and sell orders. I primarily stick with railguns for the moment, although I have dabbled in more expensive items like rigs. There are a bunch of guides out there, but the basic idea is find something with a high volume with 30% price margin.

Another strategy I have recently adopted is to find a station that is the "center" of multiple level 3/4 mission hubs. Place a buy order the has a 5 jump range for items that normally drop during missions (weapons, ammo). I normally scoop all of this up and haul it to Dodixie or Jita for sale later. I've done pretty decently so far, but I'm still fairly new to the market.

I would also recommend using a specific digit combination to easily see your orders in the market (I always use .42 for example).

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 01, 2013, 03:36:18 pm »

Cool thanks for the info :) and hows the application going Tobel ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1803 on: July 01, 2013, 07:52:31 pm »

I took a few days to get myself settled and decided to wait a bit before joining up with anyone. I'm still a super low SP pilot so I need to get my core skills up.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 04, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »

Just come across a nice little scam ( I know it's been in for ever but hey ho it's easy and seems very profitable)

Step one: get kill rights on one of your alts

Step two: make this kill right public for a price of say 200-500 mil isk

Step three: take said alt out on a jaunt through high sec passing through high traffic spots in a hauler or freighter.

Step four: watch as some kill mail or loot whore buys said kill mail to try and kill you without checking the price of said kill mail

Step five: rinse and repeat

Bonus round: make sure your alt is in a nice alliance like test or goons because then people will be like fuck goons lets kill this guy.

Any way it does seem rather profitable to just make your self a target die lots then sell the kill rights, I suppose lots of people would pay to kill others in high sec even more so the high sec alliances which wage only high sec wars on the null sec guys.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1805 on: July 04, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »

One we used to use:

Make a fake corporation and get some buddies to join. Helps to have a corp which has been around awhile but is relatively unknown. Get your people together in a gang and start advertising for recruits. Make sure you have a tackler or two who knows what they're doing. Find someone with a fair bit of money/stuff who wants to move down to wherever you are based. The key is to get him to grab all his stuff and move to wherever you are once he joins the corp. Intercept him anywhere along his route, lock him down. Now you can either ransom or pop him. He's in your corp, so you can aggress him all you want and he can't leave for 24 hours.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 12, 2013, 04:43:24 am »

I have a feeling that this war in fountain will just end up in a endless stalemate at the rate it is going, test backed up with their allies won't be cut down easily any more even though test it's self is in shambles. Hell even the CEO has called for public donations.

I know one thing CFC will never lose home territory how do I know this ? Well because even test with all their allies have only just been holding back CFC if they had the man power and resource they could and should have been making skirmishes inside CFC homeland and splitting the war front In to two or three places splitting CFC attention from the land they own in fountain to the home land over in VFK.

Any other opinions ? I know some of you are tribal band heathens ;)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 12, 2013, 07:44:43 am »

Well, the CFC had to pay Black Legion to get out of their backyards, so they would not loose stations and moons there...

Also, to recognize your own orders on the market, you can colour them somewhere from the market tab. way more obvious then finding your own digits.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 16, 2013, 06:31:32 am »

TEST paid off their reimbursements and had a celebration about it - but it required some dude donating 40bil.

So yeah, in the long run they're looking kind of screwed. And you're in for a bad time if you think the CFC will be poor anytime soon.

Also, everyone's heard of the PL Reverant takedown by now, 1 of only 3 in the game, and 9 other supercap losses. Holy moly the Grath rage on their comms was the best thing to come out of Eve since Asakai.

Just leaving this here too:

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 16, 2013, 07:03:06 am »

Just leaving this here too:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seeing how CCP handles things i wouldn't be suprised if that was an actual prepaid cover.
Seriously...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 16, 2013, 07:35:22 am »

Really celebrations over completing reimbursements that is so stupid I mean that's not something you should need to celebrate over completing.

Honestly I think NC and CFC should come to an agreement to half fountain and eat up test argument and fighting solved

If anyone is still looking for a null corporation PM me and I can send you in the right direction ( my corp ) we are currently in CFC so in heavy fighting and there's always something to do !

I find it funny how they were so trusting in their capital ships without even making sure everything was fine and the FC was not going to screw them.

are test and co still using expensive capital ships to rep stuff ? I was in a frigate fleet which killed 7 !! Capitals due to suicide reping and test wonder why they are poor.

Also I have heard people saying CFC members are asking for donations ? I have not heard any of this going in not within my alliance

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:33 pm »

i figure many senior players know this , still i post it as i think its just hillarious.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 17, 2013, 11:31:43 pm »

TEST paid off their reimbursements and had a celebration about it - but it required some dude donating 40bil.

So yeah, in the long run they're looking kind of screwed. And you're in for a bad time if you think the CFC will be poor anytime soon.
Sov wars in EVE aren't won by who runs out of ISK (unless your alliance gets karttooned or something). This war will be won/lost depending on who stops logging in. At this point, the CFC may win, they may not win. In August, Pandemic Legion has promised their support to help us. Northern Coalitiondot is currently in the Drone Regions dealing with SOLAR Fleet. Although it's slightly bleak for us, this war is far from over. I remember Shadoo saying once that he only managed to pull of the defence of Querious only after then enemy had taken half of the region. Hubris is a very fickle thing.

Really celebrations over completing reimbursements that is so stupid I mean that's not something you should need to celebrate over completing.

Honestly I think NC and CFC should come to an agreement to half fountain and eat up test argument and fighting solved

If anyone is still looking for a null corporation PM me and I can send you in the right direction ( my corp ) we are currently in CFC so in heavy fighting and there's always something to do !

I find it funny how they were so trusting in their capital ships without even making sure everything was fine and the FC was not going to screw them.

are test and co still using expensive capital ships to rep stuff ? I was in a frigate fleet which killed 7 !! Capitals due to suicide reping and test wonder why they are poor.

Also I have heard people saying CFC members are asking for donations ? I have not heard any of this going in not within my alliance

NCdot detests the CFC, the day that Vince Drakken cuts a deal with the CFC is the day that hell freezes over. We can deploy triage carriers and dreads with pretty much total immunity in US and EU TZ, the only reason that the CFC managed to get dreads was thanks to an alarm clocking operation, with a bit of Black Legion. help. NCdot and Pandemic Legion have about 500-600 supercarriers and somewhere around 200 titans; all of them active. The CFC could likely muster about half of that on a good day. Carriers are really cheap to replace and they're also plat insured, so the cost to the alliance is around a billion ISK. Pretty miniscule. Addressing the bit about the donations, currently all alliances are in a rough spot when looking at income, probably excluding Nulli Secunda and the rest of the N3 coalition (due to their renter empire). R64 moon goo is being dumped on the market, causing the prices to drop substantially. We'll probably never see R64s hit Technetium levels of income, those days are dead. Large-scale renter operations are the future. Alliances like FCON, GENTS, and SMA are pretty awful-tier alliances with poor financial management - they're basically living off of loans from CONDI. Circle of Two has cut down their reimbursement program to basically nothing. The CFC is basically for the proliferation of one alliance: GoonSwarm Federation.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:38:43 pm by Epithemius »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 18, 2013, 01:12:01 am »

You say all this and yet I don't see you pushing back CFC and turning this war into a defensive for CFC hell your even taking public donations just to be able to pay your pilots back for fighting and loosing ships. You can talk about stats and figures all day but when it comes down to it if you have the money the man power and the arms why are you not pushing goons back from fountain and launching your own offensive into Deklin or branch or delve and splitting the warfront into several staging points.

FCON is not living off goonswarm pennies.

Also finally a test guy to banter with :P please do join the eve bay12 channel you will always find me there :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:25:36 am by ScriptWolf »

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 18, 2013, 01:42:17 am »

I did say we're on the backfoot. Lately we've suffered a decline in numbers overall, with NCdot's US and EU TZ deploying to beat back SOLAR Fleet in their home at the Drone Regions, and launching an offensive on the CFC is easier said than done. We lost a lot of our momentum after Z9PP. Time will tell. It's possible that we could simply cave or that momentum could reverse itself. It's all dependant on how many people we can cram in fleets. I don't mean to offend you or anything, but yeah, FCON is indeed forced to look to GSF for loans at the moment. GENTS are barely able to pay sov bills. FA are starting a ratting tax system and corps are forcing CTAs. Hell, even Endie and the finance team are considering a rental program for the CFC.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 210