Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270724 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #1785 on: June 13, 2013, 03:35:03 pm »

Pic from the front lines:

i survived for half a hour in that pod to only get killed when FC warped me to a PoS without the password......

Also local was 1303 people :p

He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:10 pm »

It is a fleet ship, others will do the pointing.

Edit: Killmail of such a Tengu from a fleetfight:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17992029

if you look at the related kills of this battle, you will notice that its a rather large battle. in this kinds of engagements, points indeed are of little use as there 1: will be a lot of bubbles involved and 2: ships generally just get alphaed anyway. now, these are hardly typical fleets. and this is hardly a good fit for
your typical HAM fleet issue tengu.
(note the explizit mention of small gangs later in the quoted post)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:18:01 pm by motorbitch »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 14, 2013, 06:06:52 am »

Uh, my alliance uses Caracals in small fleets, with logi-support from Skythes and an interceptor and a Lachesis for pointing. (Also a Rapier to keep anyone from reaching the Caracals etc). No point on the Caracals, and the fleets are rather small. (10+ all in all, still small scale in my book).

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 14, 2013, 05:52:42 pm »

Is there a Bay12 corp? Just rejoined EVE, looking around for a new corp.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 14, 2013, 06:01:45 pm »

Is there a Bay12 corp? Just rejoined EVE, looking around for a new corp.

My corp in CFC will happily take a look If your interested ?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 14, 2013, 10:31:25 pm »

if you're interested in a 4.6 mil sp miner, then sure thing. Fintarius is my in-game name.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 15, 2013, 12:44:01 am »

Wormbro is always accepting applications, just namedrop "Siobhan Macleary".

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 23, 2013, 01:09:21 pm »

God damn it !! Just casually searching the market and I come across a lot of stations which are named as spoilers for game of thrones >,> I was half way through reading them as well and it's ruined !

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 23, 2013, 02:05:09 pm »

Keep on reading! It is worth it! If you only know the spoilers you know nothing Jon Snow ScriptWolf.

As to spoiler stations: It is known.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 23, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »

Keep on reading! It is worth it! If you only know the spoilers you know nothing Jon Snow ScriptWolf.

It is known. (Also, seriously, the books came out in 1996. If you're that far behind you DESERVE to get spoiled.)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 30, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »

It is known. (Also, seriously, the books came out in 1996. If you're that far behind you DESERVE to get spoiled.)

I don't think I would have been able to read a book like that at 3 years old :P

Also anyone got any tips for market fuckery ? I'm thinking of getting into it with my alt character. And what would be a good starting amount of isk to start ?

rmo348

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 30, 2013, 11:36:35 pm »

Hey guys, just found this thread. I've slipped in and out of EVE over the last few years, looking to get into it for real as of the last few months or so, but I know for a fact doing mostly solo play has been the main thing holding me back from enjoying the game more. Without having been building up skills from the beginning like some I can't exactly muster up the ISK to be able to pay for PLEX monthly (ultimate goal, as well as general space-world-fuckery/combat/industry >:-)  :P ).

I hear only awesome stories about people playing with corps and I figured the DF community would be a good place to look for people I'd enjoy playing with, as DF and EVE I think I would call my favorite single player and favorite MMO games. So, any decent corps out there looking for members? Also what kinds of stuff do your corps do, I know the variety in operations is plenty.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: July 01, 2013, 01:28:24 am »

Hey dude, I'm currently in a null sec corp looking for people right now we currently have another bay12 guy going through the process if you contact me in eve ( my name is: Wulf Ulfric ) I will get you started on the process. We are at war so there is always something to do and massive fights of 1000 people sometimes and many smaller ones :P we are part of the FCON alliance and part of the CFC coalition ( we own all the north of null )

Also if you need a loan to start up we can sort something out ;)

On another thing if any bay12guys needs any isk I'm currently doing loans now at 10% interest and the length of time is variable.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 01, 2013, 11:41:13 am »

Here's a scam on the market I found out about. Get an alt, go to a major trade hub. Give him some small, not that expensive item. Put it on the market for, say, 5 million isk(selling it, that is). Then, put a buy order for the same item for 6 million isk. Now, if you have to have the money to place a buy order, then transfer the money out of the alt's wallet. People in that station who see it will think "Hey, look, an easy million isk". They buy it, but since you don't have 6 million isk, the buy order fails, you get the money, they lose the money, they only get the small worthless item.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 01, 2013, 11:56:41 am »

Here's a scam on the market I found out about. Get an alt, go to a major trade hub. Give him some small, not that expensive item. Put it on the market for, say, 5 million isk(selling it, that is). Then, put a buy order for the same item for 6 million isk. Now, if you have to have the money to place a buy order, then transfer the money out of the alt's wallet. People in that station who see it will think "Hey, look, an easy million isk". They buy it, but since you don't have 6 million isk, the buy order fails, you get the money, they lose the money, they only get the small worthless item.

Unless you have the Margin Trading skill, this will not work. Without that skill, when you place orders, you must have the money available in the wallet, AND it gets taken from your wallet until either the order is cancelled/expires (and the money returns to you) or someone accepts it (and the money goes to them). With the margin trading skill, only a part of the required money is taken from your wallet when you place the order, and thus you could do this (quite common and well-known) scam by then moving the remainder of the money from your alt account.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 210