Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270742 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #1755 on: June 12, 2013, 02:16:13 am »

*cough* 274k EHP Tengu. Erm, with fleet bonuses. This is your typical HAM fleet issue tengu. It's only T2 fit as well. I could push towards 300k EHP if I wanted to pimp it out.

For Buddha's sake if you're going to fly around in T3s, make sure you play around with the fits... 22k-33k EHP pve mission boat Tengus make the pvper in me cry - or laugh as I blow it up with a small gang alpha.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:29:16 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: June 12, 2013, 11:11:15 am »

Finally got lucky and met some nice WH denizens who let me out. Definitely will always carry spare probes from now on!
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: June 12, 2013, 12:47:06 pm »

Basically ALL mission boats can be blown up with small gang alpha. Almost all of them are very vulnerable to neuting.
Imho there is really no point in comparing PvE fits and PvP fits, because the requirements are quite different. PvP boats need to survive under a lot of fire for as long as possible. PvE boats need to survive a lot longer under less fire. So unless you bring logi to missions, you will end up with low EHP ships that die to an alpha, but will surivive being hit by NPCs long after any buffer tanked ship would have popped.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: June 12, 2013, 02:35:15 pm »

*cough* 274k EHP Tengu.
I could push towards 300k EHP if I wanted to

1) Looking at the numbers, this is obviously a case of EFT giving vastly different results than the game does.
2) All those extenders increase your signature, which defeats the point of having a small ship
3) Despite #2, you somehow only have a 170 signature, which I don't see how is possible. Even with level 5 shield rigging, should have have at least 260.
4) You're assuming you have a leadership capped fleet booster
5) You're not going to be able to apply your damage well because you have no rigor rigs
6) I don't have all skills at 5 and neither do you.

7) I will, despite all of this, and despite the fact that the consensus on the eve forums is that passive tanking a tengu  is not a good idea, take a look at what you propose.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: June 12, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »

If I read his post right, thats a fleet doctrine ship, which means a hand full of thing. One big one being, it needs buffer. If he is in a Tengu fleet, I can assume he has Logi support, which would work best with a buffer ship.

And with it being T2 fit, thats actually a very affordable ship.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 12, 2013, 04:53:19 pm »

Yeah, it is a Tengu for PvP fleets, not a PvE fit. I think he meant it just as an example that you can fit a Tengu to have a lot of EHP.

It is also not a passive fit, as that would imply relying on shield regeneration, so you would need some shield power relays or similar mods.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: June 12, 2013, 05:13:53 pm »

The EFT screenshot is reporting a shield recharge rate of 356 per second. In my mind that qualifies as a passive fit, whether or not it intends to be one.

Can't log on to Singularity right now, but I'll check it later. I'm pretty sure I won't get numbers anywhere near what's being reported in that screenshot.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 12, 2013, 06:06:27 pm »

Ok, here's Kael's fit, minus the HAMs, on Singularity:

40 hp/s regeneration, not 356
87,552 eHP, not 274k
267m signature, not 170

There's no way to reconcile these numbers. Unless Kael was seriously suggesting that my "fitting error" was not having a fleet backing me up. I'm guessing the 356 regen is assuming you have a full-time remote shield transporter on you. Even then...that still wouldn't explain the difference in signature radius. EFT is not a reliable way to evaluate fittings.

I think he meant it just as an example that you can fit a Tengu to have a lot of EHP.

I don't think having an all skills at 5 remote transporter on 24/7 duty is a reasonable assumption to make in a general "hey I just got my tengu" discussion.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 12, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »

So I bought a Talwar.

This isn't to say I can use it effectively.
I just really like the idea of blasting through at 3 km/s while launching light missiles (I know they suggest rockets, but with how fast you are...you'll get one volley, and it'll have to be well-timed. With light missiles, you may get two(maybe) and there's better alpha anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 12, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »

also: that tengu fit is utterly pointless.

talwars get a great range bonus with missiles. they can reach some 65km  with lights iirc

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 12, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »

Ok, here's Kael's fit, minus the HAMs, on Singularity:

40 hp/s regeneration, not 356
87,552 eHP, not 274k
267m signature, not 170

There's no way to reconcile these numbers. Unless Kael was seriously suggesting that my "fitting error" was not having a fleet backing me up. I'm guessing the 356 regen is assuming you have a full-time remote shield transporter on you. Even then...that still wouldn't explain the difference in signature radius. EFT is not a reliable way to evaluate fittings.
Lord Bucket, I hate to say this but... Do you have any idea how fitting, boosting, and skills in Eve work?

1. Your screenshot shows your stats without ACTIVATED MODULES, like your afterburner (notice your speed) and defensive modules (notice your resists). DERP. You mean that your EHP isn't that high without activating shield hardeners and your damage control II? Who would have thought?!!

2. Your skills in Eve and the boosts you get are exponential.

This means, that the higher skills and a bit higher shield numbers you have give a much higher % boost the more level 5 skills you have. Putting those numbers into EFT with level 5 skills (and actually running the modules) equates to 184k EHP before any boosts. 201+k after leadership boosts. After the command ship fleet boosts, you get 274k+ EHP, the shield regen, and smaller sig radius. What this tells me is, you don't have the SP or knowledge to step into a T3 and know what you're doing.

EFT is reliable for stats, you just happen to be wrong.

EDIT: Here is the fit with all skills 5, leadership boosts, BEFORE command ship boosts.

EDIT 2: Okay let me go through your points.

1) Looking at the numbers, this is obviously a case of EFT giving vastly different results than the game does.
You looked at stats before activating any modules. lol
2) All those extenders increase your signature, which defeats the point of having a small ship
A 260 sig radius ship (before boosts) with tank and other stats comparable to a shitfit battleship (350+ sig) before boosts. Okay.
3) Despite #2, you somehow only have a 170 signature, which I don't see how is possible. Even with level 5 shield rigging, should have have at least 260.
Read up on command ship boosts and get back to me. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Skirmish_Warfare_Link_-_Evasive_Maneuvers Tada!
4) You're assuming you have a leadership capped fleet booster
Given the purpose of this ship and the fact that you're training a ship where you lose more than a week of training every time it dies, you better have some leadership skills invested first or someone with leadership skills already.
5) You're not going to be able to apply your damage well because you have no rigor rigs
HAMs do quite well for fleet work, if this was a mission boat then yes, I'd fit differently.
6) I don't have all skills at 5 and neither do you.
If your tank support skills aren't at 5 before you step into a T3, then I have no words.

7) I will, despite all of this, and despite the fact that the consensus on the eve forums is that passive tanking a tengu  is not a good idea, take a look at what you propose.
Eve forums, battleclinic, etc... mostly terrible. See, the problem is people think they know what they're talking about, when they don't know much of anything.

also: that tengu fit is utterly pointless.
^Like this guy.

Decent damage, 274+ EHP, and 170 sig is not pointless. The CFC tengufleet has been putting the hurt on TEST rokhs, without getting destroyed by flavor of the month Stealth Bombers, which is pretty much all that the battleship fleet doctrines have been doing nowadays. Dying to bombers. TEST have recently lost entire battleship fleets to bombing runs. T3s don't have a problem with bombers due to reduced sig.

There are some decent fits on battleclinic and failheap challenge, but I'd rather pay attention to the people's fits who know what they're talking about, like PL, BL, some of the CFC...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:50:13 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 13, 2013, 12:31:03 am »

I hate to defend him, but in that SS his hardeners are active.

Ive always noticed that EFT and EVE done really line up in what they say.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 13, 2013, 12:39:26 am »

1. Your screenshot shows your stats without ACTIVATED MODULES, like your afterburner (notice your speed) and defensive modules (notice your resists). DERP. You mean that your EHP isn't that high without activating shield hardeners and your damage control II? Who would have thought?!!

No it doesn't. The screenshot that you quoted clearly shows the resist modules active. Go ahead and go into space right now, press alt-f to bring up your fitting screen, then activate your resist modules and the fitting numbers will update. Then after you've done that go back and read your post and think about how you look being as condescending as you about telling us that we don't know what we're talking about.

Read up on command ship boosts and get back to me. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Skirmish_Warfare_Link_-_Evasive_Maneuvers Tada!

I don't know what conversation you're having that think that having an "all skills at 5" alts on hand is relevant, but it's not the conversation that anyone else is having right now. While we're at it, shall we assume that we have a caldari titan in the fleet for the shield gang bonus? You're EFT-warrioring in a bad way.

DERP.
You looked at stats before activating any modules. lol

If you weren't trying so hard to be rude...it would be less comical that you're insulting me for not knowing what I'm talking about...when you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Take a look at the medium slot modules in the screenshot.

Do you have any idea how fitting, boosting, and skills in Eve work?
DERP.
Who would have thought?!!
you don't have the SP or knowledge to step into a T3 and know what you're doing.
lol
they don't know much of anything.
^Like this guy.

Keal, honestly you're being a rude jerk. And to be lashing out like you're doing when you've got an image on your screen that you're quoting back at us that contradicts what you're saying, and then be accusing us of not having a clue...I think I'm done here.

My advice is to edit your post before somebody reports you for being an asshole.

Grand Nagus

• Bay Watcher
  • A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 13, 2013, 01:02:44 am »

He got you heheheheheheheheheheh!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 13, 2013, 01:21:44 am »

Being a but off topic from the tech 3s now.

Does anyone know how test are doing ? Or is anyone from here in Test alliance ? I'm quite interested in knowing how the war is going from their side.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 210