Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270574 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2370 on: May 01, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »

My little worm hole c4 alliance is looking for people. We have a ts3 sever and a couple of pos in our c4. The alliance name is Rabbit Wholes and we generally roam and run sites. We have an orca but mining seems to be pretty un popular.

Our primary rule is to have fun and to not be a dick. Mostly this means that you don't second guess every decision everyone else makes. If someone posts that their omen got blown up by a punisher and your first thought is to tell them they should have been in a vexor you might not fit in.
so tempting...

but I've successfully stayed AWAY from eve for so long...

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: May 02, 2015, 04:34:44 am »

Somewhat amusingly, I'm also in a c4 corp.  We mainly blow people up.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: May 02, 2015, 04:39:57 am »

fw is changing since the power projections.
null alliances cant defend lowsec towers anymore, so there is a lot of violent renegotiating over the moons going on.
my alliance has formed a coalition, we even own a titan.
was fun, if only i had better skills to fly battleships.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: May 02, 2015, 06:23:30 am »

If i ever get back to EVE online i need big and active corp to join in.
Like the game but end up always to be ónline alone, get bored and quit.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: May 02, 2015, 03:42:10 pm »

My little worm hole c4 alliance is looking for people. We have a ts3 sever and a couple of pos in our c4. The alliance name is Rabbit Wholes and we generally roam and run sites. We have an orca but mining seems to be pretty un popular.

Our primary rule is to have fun and to not be a dick. Mostly this means that you don't second guess every decision everyone else makes. If someone posts that their omen got blown up by a punisher and your first thought is to tell them they should have been in a vexor you might not fit in.

I mainly run missions at the moment. Practically no PvP Experience and the biggest thing I can fly are Battleships. Think that would work? I jsut want to have fun, but being alone in EVE is usually a recipe to get burned pretty hard.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: May 02, 2015, 04:22:49 pm »

One thing I would recommend for getting PvP experience is npsi fleets. (Not purple shoot it)
They usually go out in cheaper ships, new players are welcome and everybody is from different corps anyway.
I haven't played since summer though, can't say what the community looks like atm.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: May 02, 2015, 04:52:09 pm »

I mainly run missions at the moment. Practically no PvP Experience and the biggest thing I can fly are Battleships. Think that would work? I jsut want to have fun, but being alone in EVE is usually a recipe to get burned pretty hard.

That would work. We actually run spider Vexor Navy Issues in our sites. The toughest thing for low skill point players is fitting level two tank equipment and the fact that we seem to flip flop between armor and shield constantly.

No pvp experience is fine too. The most important thing for PVP is that you are on voice and listening to the FC. So long as it is one of our primary FCs and you aren't doing something fuck off stupid we'll replace your ship if we get it blown up. Most of us had minimal PVP experience when we joined up and look at us now... https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98282379/ 15b destroyed and 7.5b lost is pretty damn good.

The next biggest thing to keep in mind for WH PVP is that tons of time is required to set up the ambush. We've watched a target for 30 minutes before we've moved in to blow them up.

The biggest downside to WH space is that it is dangerous to do anything solo so if you are on and no one else is you run the risk of doing exactly nothing.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: May 02, 2015, 05:05:44 pm »

That would work. We actually run spider Vexor Navy Issues in our sites. The toughest thing for low skill point players is fitting level two tank equipment and the fact that we seem to flip flop between armor and shield constantly.

No pvp experience is fine too. The most important thing for PVP is that you are on voice and listening to the FC. So long as it is one of our primary FCs and you aren't doing something fuck off stupid we'll replace your ship if we get it blown up. Most of us had minimal PVP experience when we joined up and look at us now... https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98282379/ 15b destroyed and 7.5b lost is pretty damn good.

The next biggest thing to keep in mind for WH PVP is that tons of time is required to set up the ambush. We've watched a target for 30 minutes before we've moved in to blow them up.

The biggest downside to WH space is that it is dangerous to do anything solo so if you are on and no one else is you run the risk of doing exactly nothing.

I'm not completely green. My main has close to 11 mil. Skillpoints. So T2 Tank's are present. I cant fit Large T2 turrets yet tough, those 20 days on Large Autoturret Spec take a while.

I'm in for trying it out at least, what timezone are you guys in?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: May 02, 2015, 07:11:02 pm »

We are pretty well spread out over the US time zones.  Generally most of the interesting things happen between 7pm and 2am Pacific.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2379 on: May 04, 2015, 04:32:52 pm »

We are pretty well spread out over the US time zones.  Generally most of the interesting things happen between 7pm and 2am Pacific.
Fikes, whom would I contact were I to reactivate and want to play with you guys?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 05, 2015, 03:19:30 pm »

We have a public channel for the alliance and the three officers from my group (one of which is me) are pretty active so you can contact any of us but I am at work and can't remember how to spell any of the names.

I will be home in a few hours and I will post the names.

Alright, the name of the public channel is Tripple-O-46 and my full character name is Thrawn Armidious. I can get people into the corp or at least into the alliance corp. The problem with WH space, however, is that until I can vet you you won't be able to use our SMA so your ships will just have to float.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:57:15 pm by Fikes »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 06, 2015, 12:55:08 am »

Sweet, we should fight.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2382 on: May 06, 2015, 05:20:25 am »

We have a public channel for the alliance and the three officers from my group (one of which is me) are pretty active so you can contact any of us but I am at work and can't remember how to spell any of the names.

Alright, the name of the public channel is Tripple-O-46 and my full character name is Thrawn Armidious. I can get people into the corp or at least into the alliance corp. The problem with WH space, however, is that until I can vet you you won't be able to use our SMA so your ships will just have to float.
Sounds good. I will add you ingame and join the channel after work today.

What is involved in 'vetting' someone?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: May 06, 2015, 07:15:11 am »

Sounds good. I will add you ingame and join the channel after work today.

What is involved in 'vetting' someone?

They'll almost certainly want a full API key for all accounts you run (any corp worth joining would).  They'll look through your employment history, kills, contacts, skills, mails, market/contract history etc for suspicious activity to make sure you're not an obvious corp thief/awoxer (one who attacks or seeks to actively harm allies) or totally clueless.  Vetting prospective members is an utter pain in the arse, but very necessary.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2384 on: May 06, 2015, 07:51:25 am »

That shouldn't be a problem really.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 210