Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270611 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #1890 on: August 04, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »

TheDecline, I've got a 30-day trial timecode if you'd like to have it.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 04, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »

If anyone has a trial I would sort of like to play. Is there a standard shorter trial that is always open?

Honestly I wish I had joined EvE when I first heard about it it 8-9 years ago but ah well. I would have had to trade other valuable experiences for that so it's not a huge loss.

Still it would be fun to have about 10-15k hours into EvE and be able to fight in nullsec.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 05, 2013, 12:24:44 am »

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: August 05, 2013, 12:59:53 am »

Wow.
I'm not sure how many of you are Alliance Tournament watchers, but that last one was amazing. Nobody knew who was going to win it until the last four minutes of the last game in a best of five. Shadoo showcasing utter smug as well as shouting was pretty hilarious as well.

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 05, 2013, 05:59:08 am »

Joined last night, stumbled around for a bit but managed to find my way after about an hour or so.

hoping to get back in game tonight got a long skill training going all day today ( which is way cool, still making progress whilst at work )

I take it I just keep working for agents to get better missions etc ?

also i need to reaserch some stuff as i have no idea what that like scanning effect is when you undock and then it shows symbols on the screen, im not sure if i should be worried about them right now ?

My char name is maxros skril ( i think ) a lot of names obv now taken so went random
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: August 05, 2013, 01:42:05 pm »

Yes. It's highly recommended that you do all the tutorial missions, as besides teaching you the basics, they will give you loads of skillbooks, ships, and a couple million isk to get you started off.

The scanning effect on entering a system is a cosmic anomaly that you can check out. You used to have to manually scan for them but they changed it to be automatic.

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: August 06, 2013, 04:27:11 am »

Just finished the Milita one and got a free rifter! this ofc was right afer I went and bought one just before mission 9 :( .

What ive found is the game is tremendously lonley lol

Local chat is packed with people but all of it is advice spamm and "mine is bigger than yours" chatter.

the Nebula effects seem to make my Graphics card cry too  :'(

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: August 06, 2013, 05:46:35 am »

Decline you should join the bay12 eve chat you will find some of us in there most of the time :) I normally play daily and I'm quite active ( I will be on in a few hours ) if you need any help Im always free to reply to any questions :).

He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: August 06, 2013, 06:33:16 am »

I think Know its a time-zone issue tbh, need to hook up with some UK/Euro players.

im still 7-8 hours before im online

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: August 06, 2013, 06:42:37 am »

Ahh ok, well I am in the UK time zone.

Also if you are looking for a corp I can talk with my director and see if we could take you on ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: August 06, 2013, 07:47:10 am »

Thanks, by all means ask I would appreciate that.

although I would fully understand it if they wanted me to complete the trial and actually pay to play before taking me on also.

Thanks again

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:38 am »

Number one rule of EVE, join a corp immediately it's no fun otherwise

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: August 06, 2013, 10:39:30 am »

Nah, rule #1 is only fly what you could afford to lose.
Rule #2: Consider it lost as soon as you undock.

Finding a good corp is key to enjoying the game though. Spend some time researching though. Don't jump into something too soon.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: August 08, 2013, 05:15:36 am »

So I forgot who was the TEST guy that argued with me saying that taking Delve moons back from PIZZA would take a few dreads and 5 minutes... You guys got spanked hard.

EDIT:

You're joking, right? Taking moons from PIZZA is like taking candy from a baby, 5 minutes and a ping for dreads twice in two days cleans up all the mess. In fact, we're starting that already. The moons will be no issue.

lol. Like, you guys literally cannot hold r64 moons a single jump from all your capitals. Let me make my advice more clear since you didn't listen - taking those moons back from PIZZA will take more than 5 minutes and a few dreads because if you decide to use some dreads willynilly against PIZZA who is best buddies with BL, BL is going to make sure you don't have any dreads within 5 minutes.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=19102565
http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=22674

TEST forms up to shoot PIZZA pos, PIZZA & friends drop dreads on them, BL sprang a rapecamp on the system and TEST, who spazzflailed to save their capitals a single bridge-jump from their staging system. 23+ TEST caps lost & 350+ subcap in support fleets for 4 BL caps and ~80 subcaps.

Also Kurator and corp left TEST, as well as some others. Baki's kind of terrible so who knows if he's going to stay with TEST or not.

I kind of hope Dreddit/TEST casts off the shackles of sov to reform without most of the terribads.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:14:06 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: August 08, 2013, 01:27:01 pm »

First things first they NEED to ditch boodabooda and every member of his advisory team. Not that they have many people left to take command now, with most everyone driven off by incompetent leadership (plus who would want to be in a corp with Gevlon Goblin? He's literally the most insufferable person I've ever encountered)
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 210