Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

should this topic be stickied

Yes.
- 49 (64.5%)
Make it a itsy bitsy better and then yes.(Post HOW!)
- 8 (10.5%)
Nah, tooooooo cmplicated. My elf head can't take this.
- 19 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Some new events perhaps?  (Read 10809 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Re: Some new events perhaps?
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2011, 08:53:21 am »

WE CAN ONLY DREAM...

But yeah, if toady made a way for us to create social events it would be able to improve replayability soooo much.

Secret social clubs: three male dwarves hiding from work, wives and wyverns in the caves drinking shrub booze and playing cards! It's an affront to nature! Their next card dealt is the magma card!

Gambling debt! UristMcJohnny is sleeping with the carp! Forever!

Arm-wrestling in the canteen! UristMcTestie has lost a arm-wrestling contest to UristaMcTomboy! He throws himself in the chasm out of despair. The craftsdwarf UristMcMacho refuses to engrave a slab in his memory: subject is pathetic! McTestie haunts the fortress forever in bitter agony.

Mud! Now with topless dwarven brides duking it out! Urista McChaseyLaine has pinned UristaMcAlexisLove in a thigh lock!
UristMcBoner cancels furnance operating: mud wrestling fight is TOO HOT! UristMcBoner drops jaw: too heavy!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:55:13 am by simonthedwarf »
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2011, 03:28:40 am »

Can I volunteer something?

Migration: Various non-predatory species will migrate to the area around your fort, increasing the wilderness level, as a result.  While this may be good for your hunters, various dangerous and large predators will eventually follow them. 

Sorry if this has been suggested before. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

godt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:05 pm »

What about some sort of fair or circus arriving at your fort? Giving your dwarf the chance to gamble, get even more drunk, watching clowns or jesters or listening to bards all resulting in a happy thought.

On the downside all your dwarfs are vulnerable on the outside and work is not getting done because everyone's busy with having a good time.

Excuse my (bad) english, i hope i used the right words to get my point clear.. :D

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2011, 06:34:40 am »

Can I volunteer something?

Migration: Various non-predatory species will migrate to the area around your fort, increasing the wilderness level, as a result.  While this may be good for your hunters, various dangerous and large predators will eventually follow them. 

Sorry if this has been suggested before.
This is sort of how dynamic pack migrating will work. Im not shoure how wilderness levels are determined in the game but it would be cool if YOU were the one making the wilderness less wild.

What about some sort of fair or circus arriving at your fort? Giving your dwarf the chance to gamble, get even more drunk, watching clowns or jesters or listening to bards all resulting in a happy thought.

On the downside all your dwarfs are vulnerable on the outside and work is not getting done because everyone's busy with having a good time.

Excuse my (bad) english, i hope i used the right words to get my point clear.. :D
Hmm... Yup! Its an event. It is planned though but I'l just stick it up in there anyway... Lists and all that cool stuff. Also, your English is fine.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 06:51:40 am »

How about this?

Usurper: A twisted demon comes by your fort, after your fortress becomes the official Dwarven capital, with a king and everything.  The demon will be unkillable, if you send your military after him, he'll just disappear in a puff of smoke, a la bogeymen.  So the demon gets there, and the dwarf in your fortress with the highest lying skill, will automatically meet the demon.  Depending on how well the dwarf or the demon does, the demon could win this battle of wits, and become the king of your civ, becoming essentially a noble with rather demonic tastes ( mandating dwarf leather could be a part of it ) or your dwarven politician could win, and the demon would be forced to trade with you extremely exotic items, at a very cheap price.

Just an idea.  I always loved those Legends mode tales of how demons and monsters would fool a civ into worshiping him, I was thinking how this would be implemented in fort mode. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2011, 07:49:48 am »

Idk. Sounds rather game breaking.

Zimon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »

I like the idea of a microbial forgotten beast. Who says they got to be big, great predators? Although, with the current lack of sickness and remedy, a normal plague would decimate a fortress entirely - which is after all what is to be expected, considering how many died in the great plauge of the middle ages.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »

I think it would be a nice addition to have dwarves become struck with prophecies, which results in a strange mood. After wards you receive a screen, as the prophet dwarf wants to set up his artifact as a place of worship. If you decide to let this happen you get to place the shrine, and people will start to listen and believe in this new god the prophet prophecizes about. If you decide to quench the religion the dwarf will either set up the shrine anyway in possibly unwanted locations, he might go tantrum, or he might leave after converting some people. Those people will leave with him to set up a new system.

This would be even more interesting to see if ethics weren't set up for entities before the game, but rather used as a guideline. If a dwarven king was very hostile he could enforce the eating of killed sapients or introduce sacrifices as part of the culture, slowly spreading through the civ, so that the next generation grows up with this belief. Watch older dwarves grow angry as their sons and daughters commit acts against their good taste.

Also another event would be dwarven kids engraving random walls, possibly destroying old engravings, these engravings should only relate to the fortress and maybe show some things going wrong in your fortress. A message would appear: A wall has been vandalized, find the criminal.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]