Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Selling Statues?  (Read 7429 times)

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Selling Statues?
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:08:23 pm »

Hey, in my current fortress I recently struck Adamantine and I've been *CAREFULLY* extracting it.  I am only knicking around the edges and I only let my miners dig when I completely seal the path to the vein off in multiple ways, I have a ton of safety protocols in place for taking this adamantine out of the ground and avoiding mass casualties.

Anywho, I got enough adamantine wafers and made a statue of a donkey, I was going to sell it to the next caravan for all their wood or something.  I made it but I can't find out how to sell it to them, it's not in any of the lists, can you even sell statues?  I made some steel statues afterwards because I have more than 99 bars of steel since my fortress mass produces steel like it's nothing, I can't find out how to sell them either.

Help?

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Statues?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:15:53 pm »

Statues are saleable (in previous versions I've made a fortune from selling gold statues), I think they are listed under furniture - and of course you have to bring them to the depot first :P

Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:10 pm »

Statues are saleable (in previous versions I've made a fortune from selling gold statues), I think they are listed under furniture - and of course you have to bring them to the depot first :P

See that's the thing though, in my "Move Items to Depot" or whatever menu there is no Furniture selection, that's where I figured it'd be myself.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:23:21 pm »

Do you have any nobles with active mandates forbidding selling anything?
There's a toggle in the screen to bring stuff to the trade depot to ignore mandates which then shows everything you have in the lists. This can be annoying if you have bins full of stuff for trade & one thing or type of thing in the bins gets mandated as it'll hide the entire bin from the list even though the mandate doesn't affect 90% of the contents of the bin.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:29:29 pm »

Do you have any nobles with active mandates forbidding selling anything?
There's a toggle in the screen to bring stuff to the trade depot to ignore mandates which then shows everything you have in the lists. This can be annoying if you have bins full of stuff for trade & one thing or type of thing in the bins gets mandated as it'll hide the entire bin from the list even though the mandate doesn't affect 90% of the contents of the bin.

Ignoring the mandates only let me start selling green glass, but I found out how to find it.  I just pressed 's' inside the depot menu and typed in the name of the statue, it popped up but a furniture menu still never showed up.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 08:32:47 pm »

type in statue in the search bar.
LOSING IS FUN!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:30 pm »

Ooh, Ooh, I know this one!

Set up a custom stockpile stockpile near your depot, set to hold your precious donkey statue.

Soon, a dorf shall move it into position.

Then, go to the depot, make sure it's sorting by distance, go to all, and you should see the statue.

Then, sell your jackass to the jackasses!

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 10:07:22 pm »

Sometimes item that are in "motion" don't appear as being available for buildings; I wonder if this could affect trade, too.

The13thClam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:09:06 pm »

Ooh, Ooh, I know this one!

Set up a custom stockpile stockpile near your depot, set to hold your precious donkey statue.

Soon, a dorf shall move it into position.

Then, go to the depot, make sure it's sorting by distance, go to all, and you should see the statue.

Then, sell your jackass to the jackasses!

Make sure your security systems are in place though. Very few things could be worse than having some sticky fingered half invisible midget waltz in and steal the precious cotton candy quadraped. Of course considering you've dug that deep you probably don't have to worry about them any more, but still.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 10:13:15 pm »

Wait you can just type in the depot menu?  I never knew how to get furniture to the depot without using the find-by-distance approach.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 10:47:51 pm »

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

The13thClam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 10:59:41 pm »

quadraped.

What is this i don't even

For some reason my computer hates these forums. If my post is longer than the original white space and I have to scroll down to keep seeing what I'm typing, it refuses to allow this. It can occasionally lead to some amusing typos.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 11:03:22 pm »

All I'm seeing is the word quadraped, which is to say, 4 legged animal.

You fellas ain't reading it quadruple raped, are you?

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:32 pm »

I've had this problem before too... I had furniture for sale, but I could not find a furniture category in the depot menu.  So what I ended up doing was opening the 'all' category and scrolling through everything looking for it.  In the first year or two this is not all that hard.  If you're on your fortresses 10th year, well...

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 11:22:50 pm »

If you press s you can do a word search. Saves me tones of time.
Memento Mori
Pages: [1] 2