Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dalechannel (Community)  (Read 700 times)

Saturnine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dalechannel (Community)
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:46:33 pm »

Likot did not want to leave the mountainhomes. She was approaching middle age, and she liked the urban lifestyle - occasionally hauling a rock somewhere when someone implied she was lazy, but mostly hanging out with her friends in the central booze stockpiles. What would the mountainhomes be without dwarves like her? She was atmosphere. Also, she really, really didn't want to leave. Like, really.

"Well", said the clerk in front of her, "perhaps you should have thought of that before you made the royal sunshine stockpile cave in on itself."
"It was just a prank", said Likot weakly. "The guys thought it was hilarious."
"So you're a 73-years old woman who still employs useless practical jokes to impress "the guys". Tell me again why I shouldn't send you away."
"It wasn't useless!" shouted Likot. "I... practiced my mining?"
"So you did. And now you are..." The clerk consulted her papers. "Oh, you have got to be joking. Adequate? Honey, my son is an adequate miner, and he's thirteen and training to become a lye maker. That clinches it. You're a parasite. I will find a useful project for you, preferably somewhere far away from civilisation."
"But... but..."

The clerk shushed Likot and started rifling through her papers again. She was humming under her breath, a patriotic anti-goblin march. Likot rolled her eyes.

"Oh, here we are," said the clerk. "This location" - she handed Likot a map with a big red X on it - "has been an object of royal interest for some time now. The surroundings could be more benign, I suppose, but I have it on good authority that there is a very important object in this area, probably underground. I will give you command of six other layabouts and send you to find it - you'll know it when you see it. Don't bother coming back empty-handed."
"Why just six? I mean, if we're looking for something that may be guarded..."
"So it has been, so it shall ever be", said the clerk dryly. "Look, you think I like this job? Just for that inane question, I'm going to demand that you all live on the surface."
"What?!"
"No caves. Only the miners may go underground."
"That's... that's crazy! How will we survive? What will I tell the others?"
"That's your problem. Just make something up. Was there anything else, or may I go on break before I collapse from thirst?"

Likot, too dejected to argue further, shuffled out of Inkshowered the Cave of Bureaucracy and down towards the booze stockpile where she had spent most of her adult life. She tried to think of a sufficiently funny goodbye prank, preferably something involving menacing spikes, but she wasn't really in the mood.

Did the RNG want this fort to be a community fort? All signs point to yes. For one thing, all starting dwarves except Likot is male, which I understand is something of a must for many forumites. Also, I want to write something, so I'll give it a shot if there is enough interest.

Here are the available dwarves. I have full-fledged mental images of some of them, others are more nebulous, but if you have an idea for your dwarf I'll see what I can do.

-Dodok Nazommetob, Mason. Obviously important in an above-ground fort.
-Adil Mebilroth. Stonecrafter. Will probably be stuck in his workshop most of the time, but I will try to come up with something for him.
-Deler Sarveshtogal. Grower/Brewer, with a point in Armorsmith in case of moods.
-Rith Delethiteb. Woodcutter/Axedwarf and our first militia commander. Has a point in Weaponsmith.
-Zuglar Kilurdid. Carpenter and all-purpose administrator, but not the official expedition leader - that honor goes to Likot.
-Mafol Melbillilar. Miner/Doctor. Apparently quite the grumpy fellow - he has already managed to form two grudges on embark (against Zuglar and Dodok). I made him doctor because he finds helping others very rewarding and is a generally nice guy on paper. So where do these grudges come from? Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Post which dwarf you want and your name for him. I will continue when all are taken.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Dalechannel (Community)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:55:55 pm »

-Mafol Melbillilar- can u rename him Ahra?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:14:06 pm »

-Rith Delethiteb-

ill have this guy if you dont mind.

i like millatery dwarfs. just hope i dont get killed without taking anything out with me.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 04:42:48 pm »

I will take the carpenter.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 04:45:32 pm »

-Dodok Nazommetob- Name him Bdthemag :D
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Saturnine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:29:56 pm »

Done x4.

That leaves the farmer and the stonecrafter. More about them:

The farmer has only red stats and is nervous and socially awkward. So if you have always dreamed of having your forum name attached to a mild-mannered village idiot who will take shit from anyone and uses gardening as therapy, then dream no longer!

The stonecrafter is more the responsible, hardworking type - the kind of dorf who actually wants to work night and day to singlehandedly finance the fortress. He strives for excellence, hates compromise, prefers routine and has a grudge against the expedition leader Likot, probably because of her slackerdom. (Seriously, what is with these dwarves? I have never seen that many grudges among the starting seven - more often than not I don't have any at all.)

Ancalagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 07:03:53 pm »

Oooh, I'll take the Stonecrafter! Rename him Ancalagon, if you can. :D

Such a lovely personality! Would you welcome other forumites writing in their own journals, reflecting off of your updates?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 07:16:28 pm »

(Seriously, what is with these dwarves? I have never seen that many grudges among the starting seven - more often than not I don't have any at all.)

FUN might happen really soon...

And name my dwarf Naryar. What is his personality ?

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:33:43 pm »

I'll take Deler Sarveshtogal. Nicknamed "Spuddy", please.
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.