Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bad Credit, but I need a loan  (Read 1752 times)

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
Bad Credit, but I need a loan
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:19 pm »

So, a couple of months ago, I lost my job, and ended up losing my apartment.  A friend of mine's family has been kind enough to take me in while I try and get my life back together, but they live out in a rural village, and there are no job opportunities out here.  My desire is to get back into the city, so I've been applying for jobs in the city and setting my availability to the weekly time one of the people I live with goes into town, but none of the places I've applied at have responded.  I'm guessing this is because I'm only available for a narrow amount of time on weekdays and they'd prefer someone with open availability.  One of my friends back in the city is in need of a roommate.  My hope is to move in with her and use my new open availability to find a job, but I need some amount of money to stay afloat and pay rent while I search for a job there.  My savings account has already been emptied and my checking account has only the little bit of money that my friends have family have donated to me.  I've been denied unemployment due to my being fired for workplace misconduct, and I don't have a car or know how to drive.  So, my only option appears to be to take out a loan.

Unfortunately, my credit is really bad.  I'm in default on student loans, and thanks to my lack of a job, my credit card bill has gone unchecked for the past few months.  Does anyone have any advice on where to go to get a bad credit loan that won't literally bust my kneecaps?  Any other advice on where to get money quickly?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Bad Credit, but I need a loan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:15:13 pm »

Rough... You can get a little cash selling blood plasma if you are healthy, around where I live you can make $30 to $50 each time, up to twice a week. I did that for a couple months while I was in college. Other than that? not many ideas.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 03:17:16 pm »

Sell some of your extra organs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:21:05 pm »

Rough... You can get a little cash selling blood plasma if you are healthy, around where I live you can make $30 to $50 each time, up to twice a week. I did that for a couple months while I was in college. Other than that? not many ideas.

Dang, I wish we got that kind of money in Canada when we give blood.  They always take mine for free.

Does the US have some sort of welfare system?  This sounds like the situation it was intended for.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 03:59:51 pm »

Dang, I wish we got that kind of money in Canada when we give blood.  They always take mine for free.

Does the US have some sort of welfare system?  This sounds like the situation it was intended for.

No, its illegal to buy/sell blood/plasma in the US. Its a completely separate thing from medical donation. But there are corporations that will "donate" some money for your plasma, they don't use it to save people though, it is used as a material for manufacturing things certain drugs and cosmetics IIRC.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 04:03:59 pm »

Oh neat.  Learn something new every day.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for donating plasma due to various health issues I have. >_<

Yes, it does, but my application for it was denied because of my being terminated from my previous job as opposed to laid off.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 04:42:18 pm »

Yes, it does, but my application for it was denied because of my being terminated from my previous job as opposed to laid off.

Bah, that sucks.  :(  Any chance of a loan from family (as painful as that usually is)?  That sounds like a pretty tough situation.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 04:54:31 pm »

Bah, that sucks.  :(  Any chance of a loan from family (as painful as that usually is)?  That sounds like a pretty tough situation.

Most of my family is in extremely tough situations too, unfortunately.  I have a well-off aunt, but I never talk to that side of the family and they tend to be extremely cut-throat about money.  The cousins on that side are used to backstabbing and badmouthing each other in order to increase their share of the inheritance, and this attitude apparently extends to me, since the last time I saw one of them, she took every opportunity to badmouth me to my aunt.  Thanks for the idea, though.  Maybe I'll look into that.