Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127621 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 13
« Reply #1620 on: April 21, 2011, 03:56:50 am »

(Not really a fluff thread thing I think)

I would personally like to see hidden troop movements. I think it would add a delightful sense of paranoia and dread.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 21, 2011, 05:07:55 am »

Haven't started the turn yet, but I've just finished updating the OP.  I exceeded the character limit with all the info, so I've had to use the last post of the second page for the info on Diplomacy, Espionage, Siege Warfare and Religion rules.

Quote from: Changes
Clarified Siege Warfare rules.

Changed Trueshot and Windwall to act as Instant one-shot spells with a Range (they act as support units for one battle instead of being summoned with support costs).  They are much cheaper now.

Added the Spymaster, High Priest, Swordmaster II and Shieldmaster II promotions.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 21, 2011, 07:37:44 am »

Alright then. 

New Ruling:  Players may now send their turns via PM.  Actions will still be revealed at the end of the turn.

Caveat:  Troop movements that pass through rival player territories will be notified to that player.  This does not count if the troop movement ends in a rival territories; e.g. attacking from a neutral territory to a rival territory, or passing through one neutral territory and then attacking a rival territory.

Spy networks or Scout units resident in a territory will also detect troops that pass through it, regardless of whose territory it is.  This includes the territory the troop movement starts from.

Worked Example: If Gnomish infantry moves from Central Farland to North Bleater to South Bleater, Arcadia will not know about the movement of the troops because they do not reach Arcadian territory (S Bleater) until the end of the movement.

If Foul has a Spy network in Central Farland, he will know about the movement because the infantry move out of C Farland as part of their movement.  Foul's spy would report that a Gnomish army left C Farland and moved into N Bleater.  If Grouting has a Spy network in North Bleater he will also know about the movement.  Grouting's spy would report that a Gnomish army entered N Bleater from C Farland, then left to attack S Bleater.  Either party could alert Arcadia to their coming doom if they wished.

On the other hand, if Grouting's spy network in North Bleater has been compromised by a Gnomish Disinformation Feed, Farland could disguise the passage of those troops completely, or else give false information.  So Grouting would be unaware of the troop movement because their spy has been compromised, Foul would know accurately that the army has moved from Central Farland to North Bleater (but would not know where it headed from there) and Arcadia would remain completely unaware unless they were alerted.

Scouts:  Or, if Arcadia had a Scout unit present in North Bleater it would report the arrival of the Farlander army in North Bleater from Central Farland.  Unless the Scout was killed (a free action for any military unit) it would then report the movement of the army to South Bleater as well.

Edit:  Scout units have been added to the OP as a normal unit that anyone can build without needing any techs.  Scouts can be killed as a free action by military units, but only have an upkeep cost of £5 and a hiring cost of £80.  Cheap and disposable, in essence.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:40:37 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 21, 2011, 09:31:31 am »

Territories

Farland W (£574/turn):  2 spearmen.  Palace, Farm.  Grain. 
 (+£29/turn from grain)
 (+£100: Farm)
 (upk: -£40)
Farland S (£159/turn):  2 spearmen.  Farm. 
 (upk: -£40)
Farland C (£15/turn):  2 hail gliders.  Farm.  Sheep. 
 (+£1/turn from sheep)
 (upk: -£80)

Finances:

Cash Reserves:  £1000
Revenue:  +£1078
Trade Pact(Arcadia): +£195 [Access lumber, game, iron]
Trade Pact(Grouting): +£157 [Access gold, coal]
Trade Pact(Peaceful): +£174
Upkeep: -£160  [4 spearmen, 2 hail gliders.]

Total:  £2444

Recruitment:
4 Spearmen, and 2 Hail gliders in Farland C ( FARLAND E IS MINE, AND SLAVERY IS AN ABOMINATION IT MUST BE CRUSHED )

Research:
The rest of my money into finding a power source to make Gnome Copters Possible
Sell Adaptive Farming to Demonic Spoon for 300

Technologies

Adaptive Farming I
Infrastructure Ii
Mechanics I
Mechanics Ii
Mechanics Iii
Hail Gliders

(( Sorry about the wait guys I missed the turn post, and then it got buried in five pages. ))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:34:15 am by adwarf »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 21, 2011, 09:35:59 am »

adwarf:

I think the plan was for me to raid the shit out of it until you took it over.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: April 21, 2011, 10:06:14 am »

..Sounds like Adwarf objects to my ..use of slaves. How very..interesting.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 21, 2011, 10:11:57 am »

EDIT: Nevermind.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 21, 2011, 10:22:59 am »

..Sounds like Adwarf objects to my ..use of slaves. How very..interesting.

It's not as if his backstory is centred around opposition to a history of enslavement.  ;)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 21, 2011, 10:24:13 am »

Totally! I tell you what, We'll get some gnome slaves, so you can feel really good about crushing my institution of slavery!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 21, 2011, 10:52:43 am »

Totally! I tell you what, We'll get some gnome slaves, so you can feel really good about crushing my institution of slavery!
-.- Thus the planning begins if you use gnomes for slaves you will be crushed.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:09 am »

-.- Thus the planning begins if you use gnomes for slaves you will be crushed.
Or you will be.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 21, 2011, 11:34:29 am »

Edited turn.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 21, 2011, 11:54:43 am »

Minor edit on my turn, as well, to promote Breejilgig as Swordmaster II -£200, only change.

Which means, he gets a 80's "training up" montage. Make it so.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:57:09 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 21, 2011, 02:38:28 pm »

Quote from: Trade Blocs and Blockades
When an empire becomes split as a result of blockades or similar, its territories can form multiple trade blocs.  Each bloc will access resources and receive trade bonuses independently, though all cash received will just enter the imperial treasury as normal.  Thus it will be possible for one bloc to have access to iron and slaves whilst another has access to spices and cloth and neither side has access to the other.

Blocs receive a percentage of the income from linked rival blocs (allowing for partial empires to trade link to other partial empires) equal to the ratio of their own bloc's income to their own total income.  Thus if a bloc provides 40% of its nation's revenue, it will only receive 40% of the trade bonus from its ordinary trade partner.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 22, 2011, 07:34:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 125