Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127743 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 12
« Reply #1440 on: April 14, 2011, 02:45:58 pm »

Alright, with this world wide trade thing, is there anyone around how wants to trade with me that I am not already trading with?
I would say yes, but due to that pesky "No trade with the NE" thing that you did to me...
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 14, 2011, 02:49:54 pm »

Any ideas on how to power my flying units.

Mathematics=>Mechanics=>More Mechanics=>Gnomish hamster wheel.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 14, 2011, 02:50:22 pm »

Mathematics=>Mechanics=>More Mechanics=>Gnomish hamster wheel.

Yes.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 14, 2011, 02:52:16 pm »

@ Everyone -

MAGIC!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 14, 2011, 02:52:57 pm »

@ Everyone -

MAGIC!

That is it, but what magic ............................... I KNOW AIR MAGIC

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 14, 2011, 04:47:56 pm »

Magic will stay competitive with Technology, Technology will stay competitive with Magic.  The chief difference is that Magic will almost always be Caster-dependent, whilst Technology will not be.  To put this into perspective, one of the high-tier summons for Chaos Magic is an Elder Beast.  As in, will drive men mad looking upon it and roughly the size of a small village.

Sheb's new marketplaces were dependent on my belief that he had traded Inf II from Farland.  If that is incorrect, he's getting at least one of those repealed because he doesn't have the industry limit.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 14, 2011, 04:51:40 pm »

As in, will drive men mad looking upon it
As in all humans, or will women do perfectly fine and murder it?

Just asking.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 14, 2011, 04:51:55 pm »

Technically, I based my building of my own marketplaces on that error as well, though I can't prove it and it's just a $1000.

But I feel better now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 14, 2011, 04:52:23 pm »

Mmm, the tech of each country in the spoilers in the turn seems to have been messed up somehow?

How?  If you mean the Ii problem, that's a result of me automating the tech summaries.  I'll fix it later.  If I'm missing techs though, do say.

Rebalancing Marketplaces:  I'll think about it.  They're making 85% bonuses at the moment, though that is variable with the global markets.  On the other hand, I just introduced a Tier 3 industry that gives 125% returns, so it could certainly be worse.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 14, 2011, 04:54:32 pm »

Market places are T1, sure they are scaling, but that goes in the other direction as well. You might want to make scaling stuff only have a variance of one tier.

IE: Market places have a min of zero money and a max of around 500. T2 Market places would have a min of around 200 and a max of around 700.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 14, 2011, 04:55:25 pm »

Well, I tough I could get it too. Somehow I was convinced Infrastructur I was public domain, while infrastructure II was the one I needed.

Damn, that's £450 down the drain.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 14, 2011, 05:01:10 pm »

Market places are T1, sure they are scaling, but that goes in the other direction as well. You might want to make scaling stuff only have a variance of one tier.

IE: Market places have a min of zero money and a max of around 500. T2 Market places would have a min of around 200 and a max of around 700.

That's what I'm looking at.  Marketplaces should really only scale up to about 50% (still putting them well ahead of Workshops at 40% max and Forges at flat 32%) with most of the available resources.  I'm thinking of nerfing most of the natural resources by 1% and maybe putting up the trade goods (which are already secretly at a 6% bonus instead of 4%) by 1%.  Should bring them in line, especially for a resource independent Tier 1 Industry.

However, I am asking for a confirmation from Sheb:  Did you or did you not trade Inf 2 from Farland for £300?  If you didn't, I'm going to have to alter your turn.  Answered in Fluff thread.  Yes, as a two-part instalment for £600.  He gets to keep his marketplace.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:05:13 pm by Iituem »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 14, 2011, 05:11:37 pm »

There was a misunderstanding: I did buy Inf I, although I wanted Inf II. Adwarf doesn't even own Inf II.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 14, 2011, 05:17:47 pm »

Vindication!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 14, 2011, 05:19:21 pm »

Found it.  My error; you've even got Inf 1 down properly in your tech summary.  Bluh bluh.

I've amended your turn.

From next turn onward however, Marketplaces are getting nerfed slightly.  You'll have a roughly 60%-ish return on your present investments (based on your present capital's returns) before the £50 upkeep cost.  Marketplaces should now still be attractive, but no longer the only choice.

Quote from: Balance Changes
Marketplaces now provide a base bonus of 10% to basic economy with a 2% increase in their bonus for most raw resources, a 5% increase to their bonus for manufactured goods and retain their 8% increase for rare resources (gold, spices, incense).

Edit:  John, it isn't founding your religion that's costing money, it's formalising it and unifying the various squabbling sects and churches into a single organised faith.  That costs lotta money.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:21:46 pm by Iituem »

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 125