Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127830 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 9
« Reply #1215 on: April 05, 2011, 06:28:56 pm »

Ok anyway I won't be completely defenceless I have men to defend my land, and I am allied with quite a range of people so there is little chance of me getting attacked for a while.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 05, 2011, 06:29:11 pm »

Actually, if the aztecs saw cortez as an invader, history would be a lot different.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 05, 2011, 06:30:54 pm »

Actually, if the aztecs saw cortez as an invader, history would be a lot different.
Quite true if they had thought him an invader he would have lost that fight way before it began.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 05, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »

NEW HISTORY:

Spanish are attacked as soon as they reach New World. They rape Aztecs anyway with guns and Aztecs are now seen as violent manics.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 05, 2011, 06:32:01 pm »

They only won due to the fact the other tribes hated the aztecs...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 05, 2011, 06:32:44 pm »

NEW HISTORY:

Spanish are attacked as soon as they reach New World. They rape Aztecs anyway with guns and Aztecs are now seen as violent manics.
which they were after the spainiards saw an example of aztec human sacrifice
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35:26 pm »

Either way, Europe rapes the New World with guns. They killed thousands of Aztecs with guns. Also, the Spanish also brough deadly disease with them, and that would've happened no matter what.

But lets not change the topic here...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 05, 2011, 06:37:23 pm »

Either way, Europe rapes the New World with guns. They killed thousands of Aztecs with guns. Also, the Spanish also brough deadly disease with them, and that would've happened no matter what.

* Facepalm *

Taricus seriously just explained the only reason they won because they got the help of the other Native tribes.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 05, 2011, 06:38:15 pm »

And they also introduced the Flu, which killed more than their guns ever could

I see a purpose in allowing a player to DISCOVER or START with a higher than 1 rank in some tech and be required to regressively research to have the base knowledge required to progressively research, but allowing a player to burn a pre-req seems futile when they need that tech to advance in the first place
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 05, 2011, 06:39:16 pm »

* Facepalm *

Taricus seriously just explained the only reason they won because they got the help of the other Native tribes.

If you seriously think that, then you fail history FOREVER.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:54 pm »

I'm done trying to get you to understand this.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:12 pm »

Fluff thread, dudes.

At let me put this out: I'm on a political and mental edge with Adwarf, I'm literally about to fund an invasion of his homeland soon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 05, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »

Fluff thread, dudes.

At let me put this out: I'm on a political and mental edge with Adwarf, I'm literally about to fund an invasion of his homeland soon.

WHAT DID I DO NOW ?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 05, 2011, 06:47:30 pm »

And remember the Native americans and Aztecs? The Spanish and English had guns. The Aztecs and Native Americans didn't. Guess who won in the end?

The South American indigenous civilisations frequently butchered the hell out of the Spanish conquistadors in fights on their home territory.  Guns at that stage, impressive as they were, were less effective than atlatls and macahuitls in dense jungle (as was their cavalry).  What killed the Aztecs was the fact that they were an Empire based on fear and intimidation (which worked pretty damned well) and Cortez was very good at stirring up their subject city-states into rebellion.  Ultimately, this was not a winning strategy.

Another difference was the mentality of the soldiers on both sides.  Aztec warfare had, for the last 200 years, been all about slave-taking and intimidation.  The macahuitl's design was not to kill but to maim so that subjects could be brought back as slaves to fuel the economy and religion of the Empire and keep everyone playing good little vassals.  It was a very effective system for a very long time.  European warfare was mostly about killing the other person as quickly as possible, leading to the development of weaponry and tactics aimed at killing over maiming.

Were guns important?  Yes.  Were they more important than the internal stresses and politics of the Aztec Empire, the major differences in tactics and outlook and the diplomatic cunning and greed of Cortez?  No, not by a long shot.

And with that, take it to Fluff.  Don't make me compile a full essay with references, because I can.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 05, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »

Fluff thread, dudes.

WHAT DID I DO NOW ?
I'm genuinely curious as well JF is the one who keeps flaming at everything adwarf does
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 125