Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127754 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 6
« Reply #1050 on: March 29, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »

It's the name of the major city in Lower Cauldron.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 29, 2011, 09:43:21 pm »

Hurbis, I suggest dealing with the icequeen by offering her a alliance in exchange for not killing her and kill her and raze her palace and take her stuff if she refuses.

Now, see, I was intending to do the latter without the former (also, up until this turn i didn't realize it was ME she was bothering). But you've given me an idea.

Spoiler: Turn 8 (click to show/hide)
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 30, 2011, 06:36:28 am »

Um, Iituem? The thread title or the main units and buildings screen hasn't changed yet.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 30, 2011, 09:21:17 am »

Iituem, how much did I get as a one-shot bonus with the caravan? Also, Phantom is only getting 116 out of me, rather that 165.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 30, 2011, 02:37:46 pm »

Spoiler: Blargh (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:31:37 pm by Phantom »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 30, 2011, 03:04:47 pm »

Hey! Don't steal my catchphrase :P.

Edit: I REALLY need to get Infantry Training II before I is public.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 30, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

Iituem, how much did I get as a one-shot bonus with the caravan? Also, Phantom is only getting 116 out of me, rather that 165.

Sorry, the last revision to your wealth erased the bonus.  I'll add it back in; £3000.  Your wealth reserve should be £4800.  Phantom only gets 116 because 116 is 70% of 165 - you only get 7% of his income, he only gets 7% of yours.  The penalty for resource denial works both ways.

Sea territories are changing before the next turn.  I'll post a map soon.

Falcon:  I am well aware I haven't changed the units and buildings screen, though I admit to forgetting about the main thread title.  Updating the units and buildings screen is rather secondary to me to doing the turn or dealing with other aspects of my life right now - I do have things to take care outside of this game.

Edit:  Crap, now I need to edit the code to take into account entrenching rules.  Forgot all about those.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 7
« Reply #1057 on: March 30, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »

As this trendy elder cartographer style map demonstrates, sea zones have changed.  The main difference is that there are more of them and they are smaller.  The main reason for this is to enhance later-game strategy involving ship movement, but also to change caravan values around a bit - caravans crossing sea squares now only gain x1.5 the bonus they would for crossing land squares.

This is effective from the next turn onwards, so plan your naval strategy accordingly.  Yes, that does mean Sheb's trireme is unfortunately stranded near Cauldron for a while.

Edit:  All edge sea territories now wrap around, so there are six territories that straddle the E-W divide.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:37:20 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 31, 2011, 06:40:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There seems to be a heavy bias towards casters/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:52:40 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 31, 2011, 07:17:28 am »

Only because the special events for Turn 3-7 were largely magic-based, so completing them gave out magic-related bonuses.  The next turn's events won't be tech-based as such, but I'll do a mundane technology-related event sequence after that.

Edit:  Also, I forgot to mention it in the turn but your engineers have finished working.  You may move them again.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 31, 2011, 09:30:19 am »

Sheb Mc Brent was a ruler but no warrior. For one thing, he couldn't stand the noise and mess of a military camp. Especially the camp of an army that just lost one third of its number and had another third crippled. The smell of blood and the scream of the crippled were adding to the stench of manure and the noise of the sergeants shooting, making the place a faire enough approximation of hell.

So it was no surprise that he spent most of his time on his trusty old mare, going through the newly conquered countryside with only a couple bodyguard. He was lost. Everything he had fought for, that Empire he has crafted for his son to lead, all that was pointless now. Riches from the conquered clan were filling several wagons, ready to be carried to the capital, but he felt poorer than ever. Only one tough was filling him.

The need for revenge.

The men that captured Shet, the men that tortured him, the men that threw him over the board and their extended families were already dead, their skulls forming a mausole for his son. Only one skull, one live was missing. Brian the blessed, "King Of Brent". During the late stage of the battle, he had fled, most certainly toward his cousins' holding of Loch Karmon, in the far north of Brent. As soon as his lieutnant had finished sorting the cripple from the healthy and forming new companies, he would march north, to bring death to the man that took his son and to anyone trying to shield that Brian from his wrath.

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:25:01 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 31, 2011, 01:36:08 pm »

A swift running Gnoll messenger departs into the night, with a correspondance for the nearby foul empire-he arrives at the capital city of Emperor Demonic Spoon, and is mistakenly shot by the town watch, though to be fair, he was trying to kill livestock. Close inspection reveals what he was carrying...

Greetings Foul Empire, from the Tribe of Greenblood

My time is short, as will be my message! The Tribe has noted your success, and has agreed to send you a caravan, laden with our finest goods. We have little experience trading-we have only taken what we needed before-but this is a new dawn for the race of Gnolls and Kobold, and we would like to forge a pact with your people. In return for your wealth, we will trade our finest black marble, "keenest" blades and armors, and our less extreme forms of artwork.

Furthermore, we have knowledge you are also connected through friendship and trade to another empire further North, the United Provinces. We would like to communicate with them, but the distance is far to great-we would like to ask you to do so on our behalf.

If you might have been forced to kill our messenger, then be so kind as to consume the body.

Warm regards, High Shaman Lord Dwareet'ik

(located below this is the tiny pawprint seal of the Kobold Lord in blood red wax, and the following pages located within point out rough directions to a city in North Highblood)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 31, 2011, 03:53:20 pm »

A messenger that went with the caravan to Cauldron finally manage to cross the savagery of the western forest, arriving in the even savager land of the Greenblood Tribe. Despite the dampness of the jungles and the sheer number of bites, burns and other encounters with the local wildlife, the letter he is carrying is still quite intact. If only someone could read it...

*To the Clans of the West*

We are aware of your newfound wealth and plan to trade the world over. The Emperor, praised be his name, had decided that you belong to our peer and not to game or livestock as some of our less nobles adviser though (be sure that they were punished accordingly) and that we would both benefit from trade, all the more so since the port of Gasket in Southern Brent is a veritable trading hub, that would allow you to trade with no less than 5 fiefs!

Were you to accept our offer, an Imperial Trirem, currently cruising off the shores of Cauldron will be ordered to pick up any caravan you wish to send and ferry it to Gasket.

Bran the Cunning, Imperial Minister for Trade and Industry

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 31, 2011, 04:11:51 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 7 (click to show/hide)

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 31, 2011, 04:19:33 pm »

YAY :D