Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127755 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 6
« Reply #1020 on: March 28, 2011, 06:37:47 pm »

If you can provide me with reliable documented evidence of a tradition of deerback riding in indigenous cultures throughout history, I will consider allowing deer-based cavalry.  Otherwise, no.

Yes, crusade technologies will give you a Crusader bonus to units with your state religion.  (Haven't got any of that coded in, but it shouldn't be impossible.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 28, 2011, 10:48:27 pm »

Modified my turn slightly.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 28, 2011, 11:13:14 pm »

If you can provide me with reliable documented evidence of a tradition of deerback riding in indigenous cultures throughout history, I will consider allowing deer-based cavalry.  Otherwise, no.

Yes, crusade technologies will give you a Crusader bonus to units with your state religion.  (Haven't got any of that coded in, but it shouldn't be impossible.)
He has no hope of obtaining it. The closest is a transportation elk.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 29, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 29, 2011, 02:49:12 pm »

Woo! Now we can start incessantly poking Iituem  ;D
...poke...poke...poke....poke...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 29, 2011, 02:55:51 pm »

poke. poke. poke.
That done, I look forward to seeing -more- strange events!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 29, 2011, 03:08:02 pm »

poke. poke. poke.
That done, I look forward to seeing -more- strange events!

* Smacks Terenos *  >:(

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 29, 2011, 03:11:22 pm »

*Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Poke* *Po-

Okay, enough of that.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 29, 2011, 03:12:28 pm »

ke*  :D

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 29, 2011, 03:35:58 pm »

*Po
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:48 pm »

ints to Fluff thread*

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 29, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

Turn 7
Winter 1002 A.D.

Events in the World

Shambles (Sordell):  A brigade of elven soldiers has marched on Western Sordell to put an end to the undead menace there once and for all.

The Ice Queen (Terrendale):  Another yeti attack on Grouting is foiled, but they do not yet show signs of stopping.

Piracy?:  Rumours of pirates attacking small merchant vessels begin to surface around the Brentish Coast.  Right now, the threat is not yet apparent, but the recent lucrative trades with foreign ventures has certainly attracted attention from more than just the merchanters.

Spoiler: Free Tempests Republic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyk) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technologies
Organised Religion:  Allows founding of a religion, construction of Shrines, recruitment of Priests.

Summon Zombies:  Allows summoning of zombies.  Requires a necromancer present.

Trueshot:  Allows casting of the Trueshot spell.  Requires a sorcerer present.

Windwall:  Allows casting of the Windwall spell.  Requires a sorcerer present.

Quote from: New Buildings
Shrine:  £300.  Upkeep £10.  One per religion in the region, requires a religion present to build.  +1 to territory Loyalty.  Tech: Organised Religion
A small local shrine to pray at and hold services.

Quote from: New Units
Undead units cannot heal without the help of a necromancer.  If they end their turn wounded and a necromancer is not present in the territory they end their turn in, they are destroyed.  If a necromancer is present, they heal as normal in 1 turn, but the necromancer has to stay with them for that turn.  Undead units are also immune to poison and death magic/effects.

Shock units always attack first, even if there is a stronger non-shock unit available to do the attack.

Mindless units are immune to illusions and any other mind-altering effects.

Priests:  £200.  Attack 0, Defense 0.  Upkeep £10.  Support.
Special:  Priests have one function to start with, though this may be improved with technology.  Priests may pass through neutral regions freely without paying passage costs.  Priests may only be recruited in regions with their religion present.

Proselytism: Priests can spread their religion to new regions.  Priests have a 100% chance of spreading religion to a faithless territory, and the chance decreases by 20% for each religion already present.  Priests are destroyed by this process whether they succeed or not; successful priests stay to guide their flocks, unsuccessful ones are lynch mobbed.

Zombies:  £80.  Attack -4, Defense -4.  No upkeep.  Undead, Shock, Mindless, Summoned (Necromancy)  Tech:  Summon Zombies
Special:  In any combat that ends with a surviving (wounded or not) necromancer on the winning side, all living creatures killed during combat (or wounded and unable to escape) are raised again as zombies for no cost.  These zombies are loyal to the necromancer's side.

Quote from: New Spells
As with all spells, these spells need an appropriate caster (sorcerer) present to be cast.

Trueshot:  £500.  Defenceless, Move 2.  Upkeep: £20.  Support, Spell(Sorcery)
Special:  Provides a bonus of +5 to attack/defense for ranged units the spell is stacked with.

Windwall:  £1200.  Defenceless, Move 2.  Upkeep: £50.  Support, Spell(Sorcery)
Special:  Provides a malus of -10 to attack/defense of enemy ranged units during combat.  Must be stacked with other units to function.

NB:  Windwalls and Trueshot have Move rather than Range, so they can move with armies.

Quote from: New Hero Promotions

Quote from: Mechanics Changes
Loyalty:  Negative Loyalty figures now give a slight chance of rebellion in a territory.  Rebellious territories will spawn a number of 'peasant' units and attempt to fight for control; if they succeed in overpowering the troops of that region, the region goes neutral.

Quote from: New Mechanics
Founding a Religion:  To found a religion one needs the Organised Religion tech (or any other religious tech).  Founding a religion costs a one-time fee of £2000 and creates a Holy Site in a territory of your choice.  You will be able to spread the religion through Priests to other territories, which will enable you to build Shrines or produce more priests.  A maximum of five (major) religions can be founded in the game - founding more will require existing religions to be wiped out to make space.  Owning a Holy Site will garner you a bonus of £40 in tithes for every territory that has that religion.

Spreading a Religion:  Spreading a religion requires the use of Priests, which can be recruited in any region a religion is already present in.  Priests are expended whether they successfully spread the religion or not.

State Religion:  Any faction that has a religion present in one of its territories can adopt that religion as its state religion.  Loyalty in all areas with the state religion increases by 2.  Other benefits to having a state religion will become clear as the game progresses.

I think that's everything.  As always, balance changes and so on may still be added after the turn.  I will be away through most of tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:47:37 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 29, 2011, 04:29:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 29, 2011, 04:34:55 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 7 Actions (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 29, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »

Did you ever answer if the territories on the edge of the sea are three or six?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 125