Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127720 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 6
« Reply #975 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »

Amended  statement: This has got me thinking. If someone in our empire falls to a blitzkrieg, and then the rest of us annihilate the attacker, can we return the player to power over their old areas ala EU3?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 28, 2011, 02:16:18 pm »

Wow. A lot of stuff happens when I am not here :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 28, 2011, 02:32:24 pm »

Amended  statement: This has got me thinking. If someone in our empire falls to a blitzkrieg, and then the rest of us annihilate the attacker, can we return the player to power over their old areas ala EU3?

Once a player's empire has been completely destroyed, that player is out of the game.  They cannot return.  Whether because the last of their leaders has been killed, or exiled and their people no longer have faith in them, or simply because their people have been enslaved/liberated and are unable to rejoin the old empire.  Whatever the reason, being annihilated ends the game for that player.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 28, 2011, 03:29:27 pm »

Quote from: More Balance Changes
Walls and Fortifications are getting their purchase costs reduced to £300 and £500 respectively.  Upkeep costs and defense bonuses remain the same.

Heroes are being rebalanced slightly.  Hero units still cost £1000 to hire and have an upkeep of £50/turn, but now provide a general bonus to attack/defence of +8 to their stacked units.  In other words, spearmen stacked with even weak heroes are effectively doubled in strength (making them comparable to normal units).  Contrast Castles (Masonry III), which will have cost a total of £1500 to build but provide +15 to defense and have an upkeep of £40/turn.

The following promotions are being rebalanced.

Guerilla:  £500.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero gains expertise laying ambushes and fighting defensively as a footsoldier.  His defensive bonus to leading infantry increases by 6.  Tech:  Infantry Training I.

Raider:  £500.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero trains for quick charges and brutal attacks during raids as a footsoldier.  His offensive bonus to leading infantry increases by 6.  Tech:  Infantry Training I.

Ranger:  £800.  Increases upkeep by £40.  The hero gains expertise fighting with ranged weaponry such as javelins and bows.  His offensive and defensive bonuses to leading ranged units increase by 6.  Tech:  Ranged Training I.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:31:28 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 28, 2011, 03:30:42 pm »

Can we just buy a hero of the right type, or do we have to pay (in my case) 2200 pounds?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 28, 2011, 03:32:40 pm »

Unless you get one as (say) a unification bonus you have to purchase and promote one, yes.  Promotions are instant, though, so you can pay for it all the same turn you hire one.

Edit:  Not that it would matter.  Unless a mercenary offers you a cut-price deal, you'd still have to pay the same rates to 'buy' one as recruiting one yourself.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:34:13 pm by Iituem »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 28, 2011, 03:33:33 pm »

Okay. Forget that lone sheb.

Don't need it no more.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 28, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »

I assume a hero can't be promoted into different paths at the same time? (So no Guerilla raider combos as one hero)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 28, 2011, 04:20:55 pm »

A Hero can receive any promotion, and his upkeep costs will increase with them.  So yes, it is entirely possible to have an Archmage hero who is a caster in all five primary schools of magic and a blood-thirsty berserker able to inspire his minions to feats of incredible valour.  He just won't be cheap.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 28, 2011, 04:25:42 pm »

Awesome. although you also risk losing an awesome hero. But hey, nothing like a bit of a gamble.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 28, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »

Pillow Killer, out of curiosity is there any effect you are trying to achieve with Construction research?  Otherwise you'll be continuing to research better defensive structures - Masonry techs do improve overall construction ability, but usually need other techs on the side for other types of structures (e.g. Temples need Masonry I + the Temples tech).
Yep, defensive
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 28, 2011, 04:31:11 pm »

Holy crap on a crutch batman!

Also, this brings up a question.

If you lose the battle, but some of your units survives, what happens to any heroes you have in them?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 28, 2011, 04:32:07 pm »

My leader Harticus will rife to battle in a GNOME COPTER, or LAND FORTRESS ( do not ask you won't find out yet. )

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 28, 2011, 04:33:49 pm »

That sounds cool. My leader shall do the same!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 28, 2011, 04:35:21 pm »

I'm going to break this trend and just use the general instead.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:51:35 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 125